59 replies to this topic

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Hi everyone,

With the resumption of the season thanks to the new CBA many of you are coming back to the forums for the first time since June. There have been a couple of changes as you probably noticed. The major one is the ads and the secondary is the new forum theme necessitated because of a new forum software updates.

We have three main advertising partners, Local, Amazon and AOL Ads. The local ads are actually members of the forums who are running advertising with the benefit of the forums and users. Right now we have Unique photo, MSweet's company, and 1-800lighting.com which is Sundstrom's family owned company (use code NJDEVS10 for 10% off.). I have personally done business with both and I can tell you they know their products so consider using them for all your photography and lighting needs. If you are interested in running your own let me know.

The second, Amazon ads uses a referral system which relies on the link having our name in it. If you could use the websites referral link and give us a referral fee it would be appreciated! The Christmas shopping season was promising but they delay the checks by almost two months. Amazon

And last, the AOL Ads which are the usual web banner ads. If I could ask a favor that you unblock the site from your Ad Block software so we can assume some income from your OCD refreshing of our servers :)

The ads have been doing a good job of providing supplemental income to the bank account of NJDevs.com but we still need donations since it doesn't cover the full cost. The webhost did us a huge favor and reduced the hosting bill for the last two months because of little traffic. That was fortunate because even with the additional ad funds which usually come to half the bill the website has just one month of funds left. I had to let the license for the site software and chat lapse because of low funding.

If you donate or have donated, we have a special group set up that will remove the ads from your viewing experience while you are logged in. If you have donated in the past just message me and I will move you into the Contributor group. If you spend money with any of the ad brokers (local, amazon or AOL) let me know as well.

With "the business side" of the NHL taken care of for at least 8 years, and hopefully the sites funds as well we can worry about just the play on the ice again.

It's been a fun 12 years, looking forward to an exciting season!

Brad "DevilMinder" Smith

#2 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

One more thing I'd like to add..

LET's GO DEVILS!!!!!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Technically, it's 1-800lighting.com.

Feel free to PM me or email at jason@1800lighting.com with any lighting needs

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Two or three of you just bought some expensive stuff on Amazon, thank you for using the referral link! Wasn't that a painless way to help your favorite Devils forums?

If you want to be moved to the ad free group just drop me a line, don't even have to tell me the items you got.

#5 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

:rant: SUNDSTROM!!!! :rant:

oh... I am sooooooo happy to learn where I can focus my fury now.... a certain lighting store closed down in a certain NJ town leaving us with JACK in the way of weird light bulb suppliers. Not even lowes or home depot. You B@$t@rd!!!! I really hope you weren't the dude who said well you can always drive to Greenbrook blahblahblah grrrrrrr.... or the one who said "Uhh...that's old...why dont you just get a new lamp?"

Oh yes, yes -- I hear it now -- Well just go on line 1800lighting.com and order your weird lightbulb today -- special discount for NJDevs fans!

yes - over 2 years and I'm still smarting from the blow. It was getting kind of smelly at the end there though. This post may make me feel a little better - thank you for that at least.

I'm here for the party

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Forget it. Found what I was looking for. :doh1:

Edited by StarDew, 22 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#7 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thanks to everyone who unblocked the website ads and used Amazon so far this month. We are so close to being self sustaining on just ad products! Thank you!

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Bumping this because nobodies buying on amazon with our referral link. Thanks in advance!

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

i wish Amazon would take paypal then i'd be buying LOTS of stuff from them. But i don't have a credit card (it's evil) im using paypal for all my online stuff so...

Edited by SterioDesign, 14 March 2013 - 04:03 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

Bumping this because nobodies buying on amazon with our referral link. Thanks in advance!

I should be spending some good money on Amazon in the next week or so. I haven't contributed in the past, but I love this place and I'm glad a bit of that money will come back to you.

All I gotta do is make sure I get to Amazon through an ad on here, correct?

#11 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Any of the amazon ads or the direct link at the top of the forum, and Thanks!

#12 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Can you see when we use the link and spend money?  I had to buy a Teddy Roosevelt book fo rthe kindl eyesterday!  I'm spacy today...

I'm here for the party

#13 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

E library stuff doesn't count (kindle, instant video and the like)

The program shows what was purchased but there is no IDing info at all. Unless someone says something I won't know who it belonged too.

#14 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

When an item is pre-ordered, do you get the credit when it is ordered or shipped?  Fringe S5 will not be released till May 5 but can be pre-ordered.

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#15 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Whenever the item is delivered seems to be the norm and it goes past the return date. Amazon holds the payment for 90 days after purchase.

#16 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Okie dokie.  I will be pre-ordering Fringe S5 and SOA S4.  SOA is available now.  I am thinking about some music, too.  Will post when I order. :)

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#17 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

CRAP!  So now I have to buy: 

The Minnesota Book of Skills: Your Guide to Smoking Whitefish, Sauna Etiquette, Tick Extraction, and More

poor me  :P

I'm here for the party

#18 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

CRAP!  So now I have to buy: 

The Minnesota Book of Skills: Your Guide to Smoking Whitefish, Sauna Etiquette, Tick Extraction, and More

poor me  :P

Just smoking whitefish? Not preserving, no lutefisk recipe in there?

Edited by ATLL765, 16 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#19 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Just bought on Amazon through the link. Wish I knew about this sooner.
Posted Image

#20 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

Just smoking whitefish? Not preserving, no lutefisk recipe in there?

You have to have some way of separating the posers form the real McCoy.  I hear tell if it doesn't involve a shovel it's not real lutfisk.

Now I have to order a sheep book.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users