26 replies to this topic

#21 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think the Rangers are a bust this year. Anisimov and Dubinsky were two good forwards and Anisimov was an important part of their success last year. Offense was an issue last year for them but given their style of play I don't know why they didn't try to make a splash towards Suter or another solid D man.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#22 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

The rangers really only have 4 defensemen. But maybe that doesn't matter as much when they got arguably the best goalie in the league. What I think hurt them is that they lacked scoring and depth last year, (our fourth line man handled their first line) so what so they do? They get rid of anisimov, Dubinsky, fedotenko, and priest. All of which played their system to a T. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like they only got 2 scoring lines and 2 defensive pairings

#23 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Did these people all just copy off each other? I mean really, 8 out of 12 people think the Rangers will win the East, and another 8 out of 12 pick the Blues out of the West?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

When was the last time that the outright preseason favorite won? Exactly...

Edited by Colin226, 18 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Let's see how well these jokers did last year...

2012NHLESPN

Of 72 total predictions, they got 12 right, eight of which was a unanimous prediction of the Canucks winning the division. If not for the Canucks, everyone would have been completely wrong except for Buccigross, Burnside, and Levy.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

As long as the Rangers style stays the same, they are going to be hard pressed to win in the playoffs. They weren't some great uncrowned champion, they went 10-10 last playoffs. That's a record of a team that should have been eliminated earlier than they were, and got damn lucky to be around.

They got that record against the 8th, 7th, and 5th seeds in the playoffs (by record).

#27 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I guess the Pens have fallen out of favor with the "experts?"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users