859 replies to this topic

#221 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,170 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

A couple years in a row we barely even HAD a draft too cause Tanny was trading picks left and right for guys like Favre, Kris Jenkins, Cromartie, Holmes (and the immortal Lito Sheppard).  And trading up for Sanchez and Greene, among others - they were practically our entire draft in 2009.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 August 2013 - 08:26 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#222 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sanchez is really bad. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#223 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Seeing the west-coast offense being run by the Jets, is a thing of beauty. The offensive line is blocking.. receivers are open.. and points are being scored. I continue to have hope for this team, despite the fact that nobody else seems to.

Other observations from tonight..

• Powell will be the starting RB for the Jets when the season starts.

• Cumberland. With a legit OC, he could have an outstanding year.

• Landry. Doesn't look as good as I thought he would thus-far.

• Vlad Ducasse. Looks to be much improved.

• Zach Rogers. Continues to show me nothing.

• Defensive Line. The sky is the limit.

• Braylon's Back! He led all WR's in yards tonight, and has accumulated 72 yards on just 5 receptions over these last 2 weeks.

• Spadola. Could be the surprise player of the season. Shades of Woodhead.

I feel sorry Sanchez. He was developing nicely until Tannenbaum's mismanagement and Woody's insecutity's put him in a position to fail, and establish some really bad habits.

Sanchez can be saved. During the past 2 games, the Sanchez run offense has attested for 34 points throughout 3½ quarters on 12 total drives. --2 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, and 2 FG's. Sanchez has gone 23-36, for 300 yards. He's doing this with practically no running game, learning yet another offense, 8 drops by his receivers tonight, and a VERY vanilla offense being called. Although he has thrown 2 bad picks, you have to feel confident that once he fully learns the new system, he'll settle down.

EDIT; Elsewhere around the NFL..

Tim Tebow. Remember him? Preseason stats; 5-20 for 54 yrds.. zero throwing TD's, zero rushing TD's.. sacked 3 times, and 1 interception. Rumors beginning to swirl that NE could cut him as soon as next week.

Dustin Keller. Remember him? Likely done for the season. Expect a reunion with the Jets next season after his contract expires in June.

Edited by Beezer34, 17 August 2013 - 09:55 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#224 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well I'm not going to put up a spirited defense of Sanchez, however...those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Very sad to see what happened to Keller. Just a lost year for him in a dead end franchise down south. Would welcome him back with open arms next year...however I could also see him in NE. Weird how we now have the best TE situation in the division now with 2 legit pass catching threats. Wouldn't shock me to see Miami trade for someone like Mercedes Lewis since they have no TE at all now

Love what I'm seeing out of Powell. He's more explosive this year.

Edited by '7', 17 August 2013 - 10:57 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#225 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well I'm not going to put up a spirited defense of Sanchez, however...those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Very sad to see what happened to Keller. Just a lost year for him in a dead end franchise down south. Would welcome him back with open arms next year...however I could also see him in NE.

Love what I'm seeing out of Powell. He's more explosive this year.

Keller was all set to be a beast this year too.

And dude, getting excited about what you're seeing in the second half against Jacksoville's second stringers.

All I'll say is that one of the most entertaining things you can do is listen to depressed Jets fans on sports talk radio. So things will be very entertaining for the next few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#226 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

That is just laughable. What have they developed or drafted in the past five years who was significant? Gholston? Hill? The best you've done in the Rex era was to steal former Ravens who we developed because the Jets can't.

Kerley, Greene, and Slauson were all okay-to-decent picks, but Wilkerson is a fantastic player, almost certainly the Jets' top pick under the Rex era (not including 2013 draftees yet). Not saying that's some kind of great haul over 4 drafts (closer to 3 since 2009 and 2010 only featured 7 total picks) but you could probably do worse.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 August 2013 - 07:40 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#227 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

That is just laughable. What have they developed or drafted in the past five years who was significant? Gholston? Hill? The best you've done in the Rex era was to steal former Ravens who we developed because the Jets can't.

The Jets have had 4 losing seasons since 1996. That's all...that's because they draft well.

They drafted Shonn Greene who was solid and helped them to playoff wins

They drafted Kerley who has been a good receiver

They drafted Mo Wilkerson who has been very good (2nd team all pro last year)

The drafted Coples who had a great rookie season

Joe McKnight was 3rd in the NFL in kickoff return yardage last year

Matt Slauson was a solid 3 year starter at guard for us

manta...your entire shtick is hating on the jets since jumping on baltimores bandwagon. do some research before your anti jets diatribes. Nobody takes you seriously anymore.

Nice way to avoid the issue. Still trying to figure out how sticking up for Sanchez is hating on the Jets. All I did was to call you out on your hyperbolic bullsh!te. Tannenbaum killed your team with bad signings and mediocre drafting. Get over it.

Been a dd
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#228 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Nice way to avoid the issue. Still trying to figure out how sticking up for Sanchez is hating on the Jets. All I did was to call you out on your hyperbolic bullsh!te. Tannenbaum killed your team with bad signings and mediocre drafting. Get over it.

Been a dd

you have absolutely nothing to back up anything you say but blind hatred for the Jets. Sanchez you're ambivalent towards, you just need another issue to pick on the Jets

Most of Tannenbaums signings and drafting were solid. Before him, even Bradway had a solid drafting record. The trade for Thomas Jones was good, the drafting of Greene helped the team. Signing Pace and Scott helped the team. Braylon Edwards was a great clutch receiver for us, and he's still here. Even Holmes had some huge catches for us in 2011...especially the NE playoff game. Jim Leonhard was good, Bart Scott was terrific for us...he just got old. Even Jason Taylor for that 1 year was very good, Tony Richardson was great, Tomlinson was great, Cromartie has been great. The only Raven the Jets "stole" was Scott. Leonhard developed in Buffalo.

Do you watch football at all?

Edited by '7', 18 August 2013 - 01:21 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#229 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Wow, so many errors and era's where does begin. Being drafted and developed are two different things. Braylon Edwards (who I really like) was dropped twice by the Jets. The Jets were just lucky to get him back. The strength of the glory days was Thomas Jones and Fancea. Your front office blew that too. The Jets have lost their way since the Thomas Jones.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#230 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Also in your blathering all you mention are free agent signings and trades (to run away from the topic, yet again), the topic was development of Jets players the past five years, of which you stated the Jets were great at. I'm still waiting to hear about the greatness (and don't include Mangold, Ferguson or Revis).
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#231 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

you don't get to set the goalposts. "Oh hey the Jets suck at drafting but let's just not mention 2 future hall of famers and 1 all pro

once again. Greene and Slauson from 2009 were solid contributors, McKnight from 2010 has been a good special teams returner. Kerley and Powell from 2011 have both been good, Mo Wilkerson has been great. Kendrick Ellis has been pretty good. Coples has a good rookie season, jury still out on Hill...but it's too early to evaluate the 2012 draft. This year we'll see what Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, and Demario Davis contribute. And definitely too early for the 2013 draft class, but I'm sure Milliner and Richardson will be good players. If you want to go back to 2008 Dustin Keller was a solid tight end for us and Dwight Lowery will be a serviceable NFL safety for a long time.

#232 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

First round draft picks are supposed to be ready. So, I don't consider that development material. I am talking about taking someone who wasn't drafted or drafted very late and making them a quality player. We do this all the time in Baltimore (Bart Scott and Jim Leonard you are familiar with). Also, glad to see your hyperbolic statements keep playing on. Hall of Famers?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#233 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

First round draft picks are supposed to be ready. So, I don't consider that development material. I am talking about taking someone who wasn't drafted or drafted very late and making them a quality player. We do this all the time in Baltimore (Bart Scott and Jim Leonard you are familiar with). Also, glad to see your hyperbolic statements keep playing on. Hall of Famers?

there you go again, moving the goalposts back and changing the rules. First round picks are mostly not ready, that goes with EVERY TEAM. Look how many 1st round QB's sit. Some for years. 1st rounders are babied and brought along slowly.

Mangold and Revis will be hall of famers

Leonhard was already a Bill for 3 years before he got to Buffalo. That's where he became a player. Not Baltimore

Bart Scott was back in 2002! The Jets took Jonathan Goodwin that year in round 5 and he's a pro bowl center!

Edited by '7', 18 August 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#234 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Good and bad news 

Good: Holmes is running full sprints and may be closer to returning than we initially thought

Bad: Coples with a hairline fracture...looks like he'll miss at least week 1. Depends on what kind of healer the athlete is in these situations. Not a super serious injury, just an annoying one

#235 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Jets sign Mohamed Massaquoi. Improves our receiving depth

#236 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

Speaks volumes that a WR not good enough for Jacksonville immediately finds a spot on the Jests.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#237 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Speaks volumes that a WR not good enough for Jacksonville immediately finds a spot on the Jests.

Did the Jets steal your lunch money 10 years ago?

The Bengals are supposed to be on the up and up. There's a new bandwagon for you to jump on now that 2/3rds of the Browns East roster has bolted

Edited by '7', 23 August 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#238 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,652 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Not mine, but, you have to admit, and respectfully, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  My Fins are no great shakes either, but the Jets kind of remind me of Nordberg in the Naked Gun (the real life feats of the performer notwithstanding).  I just love listening to NY sports talk radio after a Jets' loss. 

But don't feel so bad about Massoquoi.  He's Jerry Rice compared to some of the wide outs the Phins have picked up in recent memory.

Posted Image

#239 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,376 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

The Bengals are supposed to be on the up and up. There's a new bandwagon for you to jump on now that 2/3rds of the Browns East roster has bolted

No, just rebutting some of your usual hyperbolic assessments.    I am sure you have Massoquoi listed as a future Hall of Famer right now.

As everyone on this board knows, except you for some reason, been a Raven fan since they came to Baltimore.   Its seems like your thinking of jumping ship though.

Edited by MantaRay, 23 August 2013 - 06:35 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#240 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Your obsession with the Jets almost borders on mental illness. I don't think you pay attention to any other team more than the Jets

Massoquoi improving receiving depth....quite the hyperbole there. :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear you don't even know the definition of the word

Edited by '7', 23 August 2013 - 06:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users