Seeing the west-coast offense being run by the Jets, is a thing of beauty. The offensive line is blocking.. receivers are open.. and points are being scored. I continue to have hope for this team, despite the fact that nobody else seems to.
Other observations from tonight..
• Powell will be the starting RB for the Jets when the season starts.
• Cumberland. With a legit OC, he could have an outstanding year.
• Landry. Doesn't look as good as I thought he would thus-far.
• Vlad Ducasse. Looks to be much improved.
• Zach Rogers. Continues to show me nothing.
• Defensive Line. The sky is the limit.
• Braylon's Back! He led all WR's in yards tonight, and has accumulated 72 yards on just 5 receptions over these last 2 weeks.
• Spadola. Could be the surprise player of the season. Shades of Woodhead.
I feel sorry Sanchez. He was developing nicely until Tannenbaum's mismanagement and Woody's insecutity's put him in a position to fail, and establish some really bad habits.
Sanchez can be saved. During the past 2 games, the Sanchez run offense has attested for 34 points throughout 3½ quarters on 12 total drives. --2 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, and 2 FG's. Sanchez has gone 23-36, for 300 yards. He's doing this with practically no running game, learning yet another offense, 8 drops by his receivers tonight, and a VERY vanilla offense being called. Although he has thrown 2 bad picks, you have to feel confident that once he fully learns the new system, he'll settle down.
EDIT; Elsewhere around the NFL..
Tim Tebow. Remember him? Preseason stats; 5-20 for 54 yrds.. zero throwing TD's, zero rushing TD's.. sacked 3 times, and 1 interception. Rumors beginning to swirl that NE could cut him as soon as next week.
Dustin Keller. Remember him? Likely done for the season. Expect a reunion with the Jets next season after his contract expires in June.
Edited by Beezer34, 17 August 2013 - 09:55 PM.