859 replies to this topic

#241 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Again it speaks volumes that a scrub, actually improves your team.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#242 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

All I said is that he improves receiving depth, he's been a regular NFL receiver for years...hardly a scrub.

Every move the Jets make, you are fanatically obsessed with. You are watching the franchise like a hawk...like some guy watching his ex's every move on facebook. Your entire NFL existence is not based on rooting for anybody. Just hating the Jets. Get a life already.

start a Jets haters thread if it makes you happy. But don't pollute this one with your trollish garbage

Edited by '7', 23 August 2013 - 07:34 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#243 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Then if have to question your reading comprehension. As I have applauded most of the Jets off season moves and defended Sanchez at every turn. The only time I have been negative is usually after you said something off the mark. It actually makes me laugh to see you struggle with reality. A WR who has been a career #4or #5 guy on a lot crappy teams, and recently cut by team who is in desperate need of a quality WR is by definition a scrub.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#244 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Wide receivers get hurt. The Jets have Holmes (healthy now) Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Gates, Winslow (TE). Having a guy who's had 30 catch seasons and upwards of 600+ receiving yards is good depth. He's like 4-5 on the depth chart depending on health of other guys. You act like the Jets signed him as a prospective #1.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#245 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

The only thing I can add to Mossiquoi-gate is that sometimes players play better in different systems, and it could be the case that Mohammad didn't work out on the Jags system.  He's no lock to make the roster either (though the NY Daily News suggests that Edwards is on the roster bubble), but if Holmes can't play some weeks (he's still reporting daily pain in his foot), you could do a lot worse as a #4 so long as you're not playing Cincinnati...Mohammad probably still sees James Harrison in his nightmares.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#246 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

#1. Santonio Holmes
#2. Stephen Hill
#3. Jeremy Kerley
#4. Braylon Edwards
#5. Mohamed Massaquoi
#6. Clyde Gates
TE's; Kellen Winslow & Jeff Cumberland

..on paper, this is lightyears ahead of the talent and depth we had last season. We already have the best depth/talent @ TE in the division.. we arguably may have the best @ WR aswell.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#247 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Define "lightyears".   The roster looks only 365 days different from last year, but you have a new #5 receiver and Winslow is a downgrade from Keller.   I love Cumberland, but Marty's Offense is not TE driven.

The Jets do not have a number #1 type of receiver.   Holmes is at best a #3 guy on a good team.   Add that to the fact he doesn't want to play for the Jets and will be gone after the season, isn't a great scenario for your offense.

Edited by MantaRay, 24 August 2013 - 10:23 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#248 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Winslow isn't a downgrade from a guy whose career is pretty much over (unfortunately). I don't recall Keller having any 80 or even 70 catch seasons. Winslow has much better hands.

Holmes is not a #1. But to say he's a 3 is ridiculous. Kerley is a 3. A healthy Holmes is a #2 on most NFL teams...on good NFL teams. He's be a #1 in New England as well as some other teams.

Edited by '7', 24 August 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#249 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

WinSLOW is what?? You are a homer. I am sure Winslow is now a Hall Famer in your estimation.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#250 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

WinSLOW is what?? You are a homer. I am sure Winslow is now a Hall Famer in your estimation.

You know zilch about football. I swear you must've taken the sport up maybe 2 years ago

Show me 1 full season where Keller was better than Winslow. Show me Kellers 70 and 80 catch seasons.

nobody was ever talking about Winslows Hall of Fame credentials. I don't know what you're even talking about with that.

Edited by '7', 24 August 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#251 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

You know zilch about football. I swear you must've taken the sport up maybe 2 years ago

Show me 1 full season where Keller was better than Winslow

If you're taking about Winslow from 5 years ago. Maybe we can bring Jay Novachek out of retirement.

Keller was set to be a beast this year, and was one of the few bright spots on the Jets offense when he could stay healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#252 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

If you're taking about Winslow from 5 years ago. Maybe we can bring Jay Novachek out of retirement. Keller was set to be a beast this year, and was one of the few bright spots on the Jets offense when he could stay healthy. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Winslow is only 1 year removed from an excellent season with Tampa. It's not like his last productive season was 5 years ago.

Keller was a bad blocking tight end. He was a decent receiver. Overall a pretty good player. But let's not overrate him.

Edited by '7', 24 August 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#253 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Geno is going to win the job as long as he doesn't do anything stupid tonight or aggravate his ankle. Lets Go Geno, just be smart!

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

The Jets defense does NOT look very good so far this preseason :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#255 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

Wow, what a novelty, a Jets QB hitting an open receiver inside the 20 for a touchdown.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 August 2013 - 06:21 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#256 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

I wonder if Sanchez is smirking on the bench the way Geno was smirking last week when Sanchez had one of his typical brain farts.  Seems like the only guys that want to win this job are the third-stringers.

#257 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Man, everything just went down hill after that good TD drive. 3rd pick of the game already; the last two in particular were awful. So much for Geno wrapping up the starting job.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#258 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

The Jets have more passes picked off by d-lineman than like every other QB in the league does combined.

#259 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

I wonder if Sanchez is smirking on the bench the way Geno was smirking last week when Sanchez had one of his typical brain farts. Seems like the only guys that want to win this job are the third-stringers.

i no beezers smirking

#260 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

He's probably seething now after Sanchez's own stupid turnover and to add injury to insult they got him hurt playing with a second-string line.  I didn't really see the point of that either though.  God, this game couldn't have gone worse for the sham of a QB competition.  Geno with three turnovers and one stupid Dan Orlovsky-type safety and Sanchez gives a fumble away and gets banged up just when it looks like he's about to be gifted the job by default.

Apparently the only way you can look good as a QB on the Jets is to wear a baseball cap.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 August 2013 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users