859 replies to this topic

#361 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

I agree with the above...not sure why some people insist on saying that there's no way the Jets win this game...Brady can only do so much with so little (though he's always found a way), and BB's gameplan the last several years is to hope Brady leads the offensive to 30+ points so no one will notice how sh!tty his defenses perform against almost ALL QBs. 

If the Pats manage to go 2-0 and one week closer to getting Gronk back, I'll be thrilled.  This is not the Pats of yesteryear...not right this second, anyway.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#362 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I agree with the above...not sure why some people insist on saying that there's no way the Jets win this game...Brady can only do so much with so little (though he's always found a way), and BB's gameplan the last several years is to hope Brady leads the offensive to 30+ points so no one will notice how sh!tty his defenses perform against almost ALL QBs.

If the Pats manage to go 2-0 and one week closer to getting Gronk back, I'll be thrilled. This is not the Pats of yesteryear...not right this second, anyway.

Because regardless of who the Pats lost on offense, they still have more offensive talent than the Jets. Jets have no threats and a rookie QB. The Pats are home with Tom Brady. Is the spread greater than 10 points tonight?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#363 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Is the spread greater than 10 points tonight?

It is. I upgraded the Jets win probability from 12.5% to 22.22% after I heard about the Pats injuries.

I wouldn't have blamed Hill on that fumble if the foot had contacted the ball directly, but he HAS to learn to clutch that ball more securely against his body. A great play to start a drive turned into an opponent's field goal. Can't have that.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#364 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ivory looks healthier than I thought. Great acquisition
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#365 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Jets d is playing great

#366 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Jets d is playing great

Yes they are.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#367 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

This has been such a stinky game. Drops, fumbles, weird special teams play... 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#368 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

I don't think Geno was as bad as his numbers. He was victimized by a ton of drops, no Kerley (an actual sure handed receiver) The first INT was a play that was legit broken up and then picked on the deflection. Wasn't all his fault. The game ender was a horrible throw btw.

They ran the ball at will today, and abandoned it too early

Stephen Hill...bonehead fumble, but the guy I feel is going to be good one day

Clyde Gates...what can you say. Did they actually find evidence to conclusively overturn that TD pass in the 2nd. I mean I'm sure he dropped it. Was there any video of the ball on the ground? Doesn't it have to be conclusive to overturn?

Can't find much fault with the D.

Edited by '7', 12 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#369 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

The first INT was behind Holmes, that's on the QB too.

Morningweg is sort of the anti-Herm/Hackett.  As opposed to being too conservative, he's too damn trigger happy.  25 runs for 100 yards (between Ivory and Powell) isn't bad...why not a few more carries to take some pressure off the rook?

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#370 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

The first INT was behind Holmes, that's on the QB too.

Morningweg is sort of the anti-Herm/Hackett. As opposed to being too conservative, he's too damn trigger happy. 25 runs for 100 yards (between Ivory and Powell) isn't bad...why not a few more carries to take some pressure off the rook?

Especially since Ivory seemed be getting 5+ yards a pop. If they kept to it, the Pats would have had to adjust and would have allowed Geno more space, especially downfield. Bad play calling, otherwise the Jets could have pulled off.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#371 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Neither D was really as good as their numbers would lead us to believe.  Key drops on both sides.  I understand why Brady was pissed, but at the same time, I don't know if it's such a great idea to be THAT demonstrative when your rookie receivers are dropping catchable balls or screwing up their routes...he was really showing guys up at times.  Brady even admitted that he needs to work on his body language, and he's right...I'm sure guys like Dobson and Thompkins are intimidated enough...they know they're stepping into an offense known for flashy play and prolific scoring.  I don't know how throwing a sh!t-fit seemingly every time one of them makes a mistake is going to help either one of them get better. 

If I'm Brady, I count my blessings that my team is 2-0, then apologize to both Dobson and Thompkins for the on-field temper tantrums, then hang with them and try to build up some kind of rapport on AND off the field.  Great as he is, I think he's going about this all the wrong way. 

Anyway, the game went roughly about as I expected it to...I expected the Jets to be in it until the very end, and they were. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#372 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

I have to admit being kind of amused the Kenbrell Thompkins hype machine blew up lol...if only because he got drafted in the SEVENTH round of the NJDevs fantasy league (twelve-team), and someone else tried to draft him a round later and was annoyed he couldn't get him in the eighth :lol:

But yeah I looked over at Geno during a couple of the Jet drops and he wasn't demonstrative.  Then again he's got his own problems to work with...starting with the fact he can't throw in bad weather at all  :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#373 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

This has been such a stinky game. Drops, fumbles, weird special teams play... 

..interceptions, reversed calls, broken coverage, wrong routes run, the rain.. the moon.. the stars.. the wind velocity.. It really doesn’t matter with NE. They always find a way to win their divisional games so long as they have their brand.. and until someone plays them showing that they’re not afraid of that logo, nothing will ever change. The Bills\Jets\Fish see that logo, and literally sh!t their pants. The mental errors\mistakes that went on for the Jets last night were disgusting! They had 4 turnovers, and somehow still had a chance to win it! This is the second fvcking game over the last two seasons, that the Jets absolutely had won.. and squandered by beating themselves. Last season it was Hill that gave away the game. Last night, it was Gates, Geno, Hill, take your pick.

What the Patriots showed you last night was that they didn’t need anyone on their team to win the AFC East.. they have their NAME.. and that’s enough. They can win the Division on cruise control. They don’t need; Deion Branch, or Wes Welker.. Danny Woodhead, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Visanthe Shiancoe, Daniel Fells, Kellen Winslow, Tim Tebow, Jake Ballard, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Shane Vereen, Danny Amendola.. and no, Tom Brady didn’t win this game for them either, so spare me the: “they still have TB” sentiments. They don’t need anyone. They can suite up CFL players and trot them out on the field in that uniform.. and that will be enough! Because they’ll be in the uniform. --and BB even knows it, which is why he didn’t even bother having a practice for his players on Tuesday.

I’m not upset that the Jets are 1-1.. because they should be 1-1. Maybe they deserved to win last night, but they sure as hell didn’t deserve to beat Tampa, and in the end, I can rationalize everything evening out. What I am upset about is: the Patriots in no way shape or form deserve to be 2-0. You could seriously make a case for them being 0-2.. but as long as they play AFC East teams, they’ll be the Kings of Mongoloids! My HOPE is that the tougher teams left on their schedule (Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Miami, etc.) watched these last two games that they’ve played, and literally laughed out loud.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#374 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

If Brady is mad at anyone, it should his GM, for forcing players in the line-up before they are ready and not keeping a few regulars intact.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#375 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't think Geno was as bad as his numbers. He was victimized by a ton of drops, no Kerley (an actual sure handed receiver) The first INT was a play that was legit broken up and then picked on the deflection. Wasn't all his fault. The game ender was a horrible throw btw.

They ran the ball at will today, and abandoned it too early

Stephen Hill...bonehead fumble, but the guy I feel is going to be good one day

Clyde Gates...what can you say. Did they actually find evidence to conclusively overturn that TD pass in the 2nd. I mean I'm sure he dropped it. Was there any video of the ball on the ground? Doesn't it have to be conclusive to overturn?

I don't know if it's been addressed since it happened, but I was thinking the same thing about that Gates play in the end zone. I never saw the ball hit the ground on the replays they showed.

#376 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

What the replays clearly showed was he lost possession, it was just as close to an INT as it was to a TD.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#377 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

My first trip to MetLIfe today...hopefully they don't stink it up too bad lol.  I've only been to the Meadowlands once since the Devils left in 2007, for a Springsteen concert.

#378 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Where to begin

First of all, Mike Pettine give me a break. The Jets torched his pathetic defense up and down the field. 513 total yards thank you very much. His sorry squealing ass was carried by Rex the past 4 years

Jets pass rush is dominant. Would've had more sacks if Manuel wasn't so damn elusive. Bills were tackling Jets defenders all day and got away with it all day. 8 sacks! and no running game. This is a powerful line that just destroys people. CJ Spiller. 10 rushes 9 yards and knocked the fvck out.

Terrific job by Powell. He looked incredibly elusive, broke tackles, and MM did an amazing job getting him into open space

We're starting to see what kind of QB Geno is going to be. A big play, high risk/high reward job. They let him chuck the ball all over the field today and it WORKED. Sure he had some picks, but he made tons of big throws.

Poor use of challenges by Rex. However he got a bad spot on the 4th and 1 with Tommy Bohanon. He was over the line, that's a 1st down.

Kyle Wilson is a lunatic and all around poor football player. The guy kills us in coverage...still there were too many flags for uncatchable balls and just general picking on the Jets for no reason. I like Darrin Walls and frankly I'm not sure why he's not on the field more often. Guy is a solid cover corner 

Edited by '7', 22 September 2013 - 07:09 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#379 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Can't disagree with much of that. Geno throws a Jeff Blake-type deep ball...floats in but gets there. Powell has earned the RB job, Ivory/Goodson be damned. Hill was actually making plays, so was Holmes who actually looked the best he has since before the contract.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#380 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Can't disagree with much of that. Geno throws a Jeff Blake-type deep ball...floats in but gets there. Powell has earned the RB job, Ivory/Goodson be damned. Hill was actually making plays, so was Holmes who actually looked the best he has since before the contract.

probably the first time Holmes was truly 100%. That TD pass to him was absolutely perfect. Geno put that ball through a hairpin and into Holmes pocket

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users