859 replies to this topic

#21 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

That's presuming Braylon re-signs 'and' stays healthy (the latter is far less definite than the former).  Not a huge fan of Hill, he seemed to drop two for every one he caught but maybe now that he'll be learning from other guys which he should have been last year it could help.

Keller might not re-sign either, for that matter.

Keller is a good player but he couldn't stay on the field last year...honestly it prob won't be so hard to find somebody who can catch 35 passes out of the TE spot, and then Cumberland catches 20-25 and that's essentially Kellers production.

That said I'd like to bring him back since he's the only guy here who has real chemistry with Sanchez. But who knows, 50/50 on him returning

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think Idzik knows he has a mulligan this year, so he's really in let it burn mode.  He has no incentive to do anything other than fill out the roster with plausible NFLers on short term deals.  He'll end up with a coach he wants next year when presumably Rex gets fired, and perhaps be in a position to draft Johnny Manziel, who I believe is draft elligible next year. 

Idzik has a mulligan this year that I agree with

However, in Mornhinweg the Jets have what I believe is a top 10 offensive coordinator in football. Rex has never had a guy this good to work with. Rex has a terrific defensive mind but has never been able to truly trust and defer the offense to anybody competent. In Mornhinweg he has that. You have to give that union more than a year.

I believe the only thing that will get Rex fired is if the team quits on him. The Jets could go 4-12 next year, but if they don't quit on Rex he will be back in 2014. I've seen them quit on Coslett, Carroll, Kotite from the very start, and Mangini...but Rex has actually done a good job keeping the team inspired. They really haven't been blown out very often in the past 4 years

Edited by '7', 04 March 2013 - 06:26 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Agree, they haven't quit on Rex yet, but I maintain that he needs to reinvent himself.  The Jets can't still consider beating the Pats on their turf in the playoffs under Rex some kind of major highlight, especially since, in recent seasons, that hasn't exactly been that hard of an accomplishment, as the Ravens have done it twice. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Idzik has a mulligan this year that I agree with

However, in Mornhinweg the Jets have what I believe is a top 10 offensive coordinator in football. Rex has never had a guy this good to work with. Rex has a terrific defensive mind but has never been able to truly trust and defer the offense to anybody competent. In Mornhinweg he has that. You have to give that union more than a year.

I know you don't want to hear this but little Schott is a top 10 coordinator.  But even a top 10 coordinator is not going to be able to fix the mess in a year.     Idzik has to be a miracle worker to get this sad sack team to even be a .500 team next year.   And it looks like Revis is on his way out based on what I have been reading.   So you might get some pick out of this trade.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I know you don't want to hear this but little Schott is a top 10 coordinator.  But even a top 10 coordinator is not going to be able to fix the mess in a year.     Idzik has to be a miracle worker to get this sad sack team to even be a .500 team next year.   And it looks like Revis is on his way out based on what I have been reading.   So you might get some pick out of this trade.

Little Schott is a bottom 10 Coordinator and there's probably a better than 75% chance he's out of football after 2013. That or back relegated to offensive assistant somewhere

#26 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Agree, they haven't quit on Rex yet, but I maintain that he needs to reinvent himself.  The Jets can't still consider beating the Pats on their turf in the playoffs under Rex some kind of major highlight, especially since, in recent seasons, that hasn't exactly been that hard of an accomplishment, as the Ravens have done it twice. 

It was an accomplishment, considering that Patriot team, at that moment in time was playing better and more dominant than any Patriots team in football. Better than the 18-0 team in the super bowl which was sputtering. They looked very shaky and could've easily lost to the Chargers or Giants in week 16.

The 2010 team had won 8 in a row, scored 31 or more points 8 games in a row, and outscored opponents 184-47 in the past 5 weeks. They were about as dominant going into that game as any team in NFL history. Brady hadn't thrown a pick in 11 weeks.

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

It was an accomplishment, considering that Patriot team, at that moment in time was playing better and more dominant than any Patriots team in football. Better than the 18-0 team in the super bowl which was sputtering. They looked very shaky and could've easily lost to the Chargers or Giants in week 16.

The 2010 team had won 8 in a row, scored 31 or more points 8 games in a row, and outscored opponents 184-47 in the past 5 weeks. They were about as dominant going into that game as any team in NFL history. Brady hadn't thrown a pick in 11 weeks.

Patriots have been a high-scoring offense in the REGULAR season for many seasons now, and part of that is because they fatten up on overmatched regular-season opponents.  Come playoff time, teams have found ways to shut down Brady and Co.  If the Jets had been the only team to do that, I'd consider that a much more impressive feat.  But we've seen the Giants do it twice in the Super Bowl and, the Ravens do it twice in the playoffs and in Foxborough to boot, and they almost did it a third time.  It's like I've said before, Brady's Patriots have become Manning's Colts.  Regular-season bullies who disappear come playoff time.   

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Patriots have been a high-scoring offense in the REGULAR season for many seasons now, and part of that is because they fatten up on overmatched regular-season opponents.  Come playoff time, teams have found ways to shut down Brady and Co.  If the Jets had been the only team to do that, I'd consider that a much more impressive feat.  But we've seen the Giants do it twice in the Super Bowl and, the Ravens do it twice in the playoffs and in Foxborough to boot, and they almost did it a third time.  It's like I've said before, Brady's Patriots have become Manning's Colts.  Regular-season bullies who disappear come playoff time.   

AT TIMES, teams find a way to shut the Pats offense down in the playoffs.  They destroyed the Texans this year.  Destroyed the Broncos last year, and put up above average point totals against the Ravens and Giants, just low by Patriots standards. 

The Patriots are an elite team and especially an elite offense until proven otherwise.  Beating the Patriots is an accomplishment for any team.  In fact, when you think about it, a Patriots loss, be it in the regular season or postseason, is a big story in and of itself. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Agree. That game stands out in Jets history NOT for what we did as some accomplishment.. but what we prevented New England from doing, and that's winning a Superbowl. (which they absolutely would have in 2010) That was a 14-2 juggernaut of a Patriot team that would've went all the way. It was arguably Brady's best season of his career. He threw for 4,000 yrds.. nearly 40 TD's, and only 4 picks all year. --that's as close to perfect as you can get for a QB.
Both Brady & Belicheat actually have been quoted saying how; that loss against the Jets hurt as bad as One Giant Loss.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

AT TIMES, teams find a way to shut the Pats offense down in the playoffs.  They destroyed the Texans this year.  Destroyed the Broncos last year, and put up above average point totals against the Ravens and Giants, just low by Patriots standards. 

The Patriots are an elite team and especially an elite offense until proven otherwise.  Beating the Patriots is an accomplishment for any team.  In fact, when you think about it, a Patriots loss, be it in the regular season or postseason, is a big story in and of itself. 

Regular season, yeah, they're almost guaranteed to put up 30+ in most games.  Elite for sure.

Playoffs, different story.  The OVERALL performance in the playoffs since One Giant Loss has been up-and-down.  Broncos and Texans were ripe to be squelched by the Patriots...those were tailor-made matchups for them. 

Beezer loves to point this out, but he's got a point...for all of the regular season-gaudiness, the Patriots recent playoff record has not matched up.  3-4 since One Giant Loss, with three of the losses at home in games where they were favored.  In 5 out of their last 9 playoff games, they've been held to 23 points or less.  For a team that has scored over 500 points four times in the last six seasons, that is pretty bad. 

#30 FOREVER!

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Little Schott is a bottom 10 Coordinator and there's probably a better than 75% chance he's out of football after 2013. That or back relegated to offensive assistant somewhere

Not likely.    More likely he helps get the Rams in the playoffs next year and allows Bradford to evolve as top 10 QB.    Once St. Louis understood the offense they were a very competitive team down the stretch.   

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...e-new-york-jets

http://www.nydailyne...-bit-of-a-leg-u

..alot of buzz as of late that's suggesting Tebow will remain with the Jets.
Could be lip-service, but I suspect these quotes to have some merrit. Woody runs this team.. and Woody loves Tebow.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

I've been afraid of that since last year. They know they're going to stink anyway. Tebow and Sanchez's failures are the only press they'll get all year.

It's stupid, just set the kid free already where he's not a circus act.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Reading tweets that Revis to the Bucs is imminent. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Jets are only getting a 6th round pick for Revis???
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Jets are only getting a 6th round pick for Revis???

Where are you hearing this?

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Just stirring the pot. It's a false rumor.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Jets restructured Cromartie's contract to give them about 4 mil more of cap room in 2013

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Revis update:  Worse than I imagined

Bucs management is "fully on board" with dealing for Revis, but the Tampa GM is only willing to part with a 2013 second-rounder or 2014 first-rounder.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Revis update:  Worse than I imagined

Bucs management is "fully on board" with dealing for Revis, but the Tampa GM is only willing to part with a 2013 second-rounder or 2014 first-rounder.

And that's why the trade hasn't been made. But you can't expect the best offer to be the first offer either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users