857 replies to this topic

#681 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

And now watch the Jets not show up today now that they know Ryan is returning :whistling:

heh...well I expect them to show up, and bringing back Rex would be the right move, partially because he overachieved but also because there was no real viable alternatives out there.

I actually thought for a while this game would be a referendum on Rex, sort of like the last game of the 08 season was a referendum on Mangini. I wouldn't disagree with Woody if he went in that direction as well...but Rex has built up more of a cache than Mangini

Edited by '7', 29 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#682 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

I want to snuff the hated Fish's playoff dreams right in front of their fans.

Come on JETS

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#683 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

Typical...they look like they checked out for the season.  The genius's D gave up a 90-yard TD drive and the offense lost three yards on a third-and-one.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#684 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Well I'll say this...Geno looks a bit better since the benching, particuarly after they incorporated his legs into the offense more.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#685 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Typical...they look like they checked out for the season.  The genius's D gave up a 90-yard TD drive and the offense lost three yards on a third-and-one.

I got that feeling early on as well. They caught a major break on the overthrow when Wallace had 2 steps on Milliner

Also CBS is pushing this Rex uncertainty angle and ignoring the recent avalanche of news that pretty much say he's coming back

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#686 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well I'll say this...Geno looks a bit better since the benching, particuarly after they incorporated his legs into the offense more.

75° bro..

It's so obvious at this point. If the weather's 40 or above, he looks solid. But he struggles in cold weather.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#687 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Kerley back as his security blanket helps as well. I think Jets fans really underrate Kerley

The Jets will be bringing in a vet QB next season as insurance...just in case Geno falls off a cliff. But I'm encouraged with what I've seen starting with the Raiders game.

Edited by '7', 29 December 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#688 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

75° bro..

It's so obvious at this point. If the weather's 40 or above, he looks solid. But he struggles in cold weather.

Fair enough...I've had that criticism of him before too lol.  We caught a break with the schedule down the stretch in terms of bad-weather games.  

#689 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

i cannot believe miamis going 2 blow this

#690 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Bye bye Dolphins!  The best ending to a non-playoff season imaginable :)

14006950-large.gif

#691 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

i cannot believe miamis going 2 blow this

you can't believe it? Miami was 8-7 going into the game and lost Hartline. They're not a juggernaut

#692 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hell of a job by Rex this season.  Exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations (except maybe Beez's). 

Jets and Bills shut the Dolphins' O down, but of course the Pats' D couldn't do the same.  And of course Jason Campbell has done next to nothing for the past 6 weeks...except against the Pats, where he turned into Johnny Unitas. 

Anyway, Rex has basically forced Idzik's hand here.  I can't give him enough credit for what he's done.  The Jets don't have a single legitimate reason to fire him...not one.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#693 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hell of a job by Rex this season.  Exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations (except maybe Beez's). 

Jets and Bills shut the Dolphins' O down, but of course the Pats' D couldn't do the same.  And of course Jason Campbell has done next to nothing for the past 6 weeks...except against the Pats, where he turned into Johnny Unitas. 

Anyway, Rex has basically forced Idzik's hand here.  I can't give him enough credit for what he's done.  The Jets don't have a single legitimate reason to fire him...not one.

They don't....stranger things have happened but I would be shocked if Rex is gone tomorrow. That would be an absolute bombshell

#694 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

And don't try to make Rex fire defensive coaches either.  I think he'd fall on his sword rather than acede to that.

#695 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

105234000_zps7e8dfa7d.png

They ended our season.. now we ended their fvcking season.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#696 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

And don't try to make Rex fire defensive coaches either.  I think he'd fall on his sword rather than acede to that.

Yea I don't like that either. Dunbar has been great. Dennis Thurman is an established solid coach. Who does Idzik want gone exactly? Tim McDonald the secondary coach? Up until last week Milliner and Reed have been hot garbage and Cromartie has a balky hip...this is his fault?

#697 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

They don't....stranger things have happened but I would be shocked if Rex is gone tomorrow. That would be an absolute bombshell

Rex got the absolute most of what he had to work with.  That's what a good HC does.  And he didn't have his GM backing him.  He got his team to overcome a lot.  One of the most impressive 8-8 seasons I've seen, with everything factored in.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#698 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

I wish I had a team whose coach could get anything out of his players, much less every ounce of effort like Rex does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#699 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,324 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Rex got the absolute most of what he had to work with.  That's what a good HC does.  And he didn't have his GM backing him.  He got his team to overcome a lot.  One of the most impressive 8-8 seasons I've seen, with everything factored in.

I think you may be a little too rough on Belichicks D. Belichick didn't forget how to coach D overnight, Polians whining caused a change within the league that really limited the physicality of defensive backs which is Belichicks specialty...plus Belichick has Brady, so he loads the team up on O and tries to just get by on D by playing bend not break football. I think he recognizes the direction of the NFL and tries to adjust his team accordingly. He didn't forget how to coach D...he just coaches to the strength of the team.

#700 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

RT @KMart_LI: Woody announces Rex is staying

lol that didn't take long

I wish I had a team whose coach could get anything out of his players, much less every ounce of effort like Rex does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing Tannehill puss out on that 3rd and 25 slide when he could have easily had the first down and not get hit with a headfirst dive and Geno sell out on multiple runs in a meaningless game tells you all you need to know about who wanted this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users