Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

BACK_zps7f4cce30.png

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/419123886731440130

“Spoke to someone very close to @MiamiDolphins organization. They think Philbin AND Ireland both survive!”

..if this turns out to be true, then I’m floored! :yea: 

With a boat load of talent on both sides of the ball, and all the $pending they did, they still couldn’t manufacture a winning record. I have seen all I need to see from this administration, and they don’t scare me. The road to the Division title still goes through New England. Let’s use our 10 draft-picks, and 40 million dollars, and take the AFC East next season! :thumbsup: 

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#722 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/419123886731440130

“Spoke to someone very close to @MiamiDolphins organization. They think Philbin AND Ireland both survive!”

..if this turns out to be true, then I’m floored! :yea:
With a boat load of talent on both sides of the ball, and all the $pending they did, they still couldn’t manufacture a winning record. I have seen all I need to see from this administration, and they don’t scare me. The road to the Division title still goes through New England. Let’s use our 10 draft-picks, and 40 million dollars, and take the AFC East next season! :thumbsup:

Even if the Fins brought in Gruden as head coach and Ozzie Newsome as GM, the division would still go through New England. But yeah, someone needs to pay for those last two games. I want a house-cleaning myself, but we all know that 'aint gonna happen. Ross is too much of a stooge when it comes to football to make smart decisions. More of the same next year probably. At least we may have a QB finally...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#723 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

A little more help on the O-line and a better OC and the Fins will be fine.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#724 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Would Westy return to coach the Jets Special Teams in 2014?

http://m.espn.go.com...ork&src=desktop

I'd certainly listen to them. I'm no youngster, but I know I could return to coaching. I didn't like the way it ended. I'm very happy with what I'm doing, and my decision to retire. I'm not looking to get back into coaching, but I'll always look at everything. Never say never.” --Mike Westhoff

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#725 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

In a hearbeat I'd take him back. Not sure how that dolt Kotwica god hired but that's the Redskins for you. Westhoff did not have a great final year here, but that was likely due to bad personnel and not an erosion of his coaching abilities. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#726 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jets and head coach Rex Ryan have reached agreement on a multi-year extension, according to team and league sources.

Expand

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#727 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/34624/rapid-reaction-rex-gets-security

Ryan is now under contract for at least three seasons, through 2016. (with the extension technically expiring in January 2017) Ah, but this wasn't a typical contract extension. As Schefter reported, the deal is based heavily on incentives. This smacks of a compromise. Initially, the Jets wanted to offer only a one-year extension. Ryan wanted more than a year. This contract is the best of both worlds. Here's how: If Ryan wins in the postseason in either 2014 and/or 2015, he cashes in for 2016. In essence, he's betting on himself. He can enjoy the benefits of having adding an additional season as security. If Ryan doesn't win a playoff game before the 2016 season, the Jets can opt-out of the deal.

..bottomline, Rex ain't going ANYWHERE! :beerbang:  :rock:

#728 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

That's actually a pretty inventive compromise lol, I've never heard of something like that in a coach deal.  But you can't not root for Rex.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#729 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,054 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

http://www.nj.com/je...in_his_car.html

Uhhh... Lmfao!!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#730 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

That's actually a pretty inventive compromise. You can't not root for Rex.

..yeah, Rex get's two cracks at this imo. Next season, and the season afterward. --but the way Woody loves him, I can even see them letting him "lame-duck" coach his final season in 2016.. and then just choose not to re-up him, as oppose to firing him. Which, if that's the case (even if he never wins a Superbowl) how can you not consider him the best Jets Head Coach of all-time?? 2009-2017 :noclue:  ..with probably more wins at that point than any other HC in franchise history?

..it's a shame, because I really thought Kellen Winslow could've resurrected his career with the Jets. But his behavior off the field will prove to be career ending.

Edited by Beezer34, 17 January 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#731 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

..yeah, Rex get's two cracks at this imo. Next season, and the season afterward. --but the way Woody loves him, I can even see them letting him "lame-duck" coach his final season in 2016.. and then just choose not to re-up him, as oppose to firing him. Which, if that's the case (even if he never wins a Superbowl) how can you not consider him the best Jets Head Coach of all-time?? 2009-2017 :noclue:  ..with probably more wins at that point than any other HC in franchise history?

..it's a shame, because I really thought Kellen Winslow could've resurrected his career with the Jets. But his behavior off the field will prove to be career ending.

Winslow was a joke on the Jets.  Had maybe one game this year.     There is a reason every other team has past on him the past several seasons.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#732 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

https://mobile.twitt...me=AdamSchefter
http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Michael Vick, Jeremy Maclin & Emmanuel Sanders?

#733 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Winslow was a joke on the Jets.  Had maybe one game this year.     There is a reason every other team has past on him the past several seasons.

the jets took him on knowing he was a headcase. When he was on the field though, he played fine. Overall they got 62 catches out of their tight ends this year which wasn't bad

#734 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Vick only as a last resort backup. Obviously I'm not thrilled with his background, and he can't stay healthy...nor is he all that young anymore.

and emphatic YES to Maclin. I love his versatility. He can be the deep man, he can be the underneath guy, he can be the fearless go over the middle guy. Maclin fits in all offenses.

I was never impressed with Emmanuel Sanders. Wouldn't hate the signing but he only meh.

#735 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Jet have released Antonio Cromartie. Some are speculating they might be close to signing Alterraun Verner

#736 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Saw a report that your interested in Hitner. Great leader for a secondary, hope he stays with the bay, but if not good luck!

#737 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

Saw a report that your interested in Hitner. Great leader for a secondary, hope he stays with the bay, but if not good luck!

I think I'd rather have Byrd, but wouldn't be upset with Whitner. Doesn't he have a bit of a track record with delivering hits that draw 15 yarders?

nonetheless he is a solid pro bowl player and consistently ranked among the top 10 safeties in the league.

Edited by '7', 09 March 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#738 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Jets have also been linked to Emmanuel Sanders. He really doesn't strike me as someone with star/gamebreaking ability. Last season he caught 67 for 740 and a respectable 6tds. Basically seems like a pedestrian 2/3 type receiver

#739 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

His hits are clean, never once a fine. Refs automatically know his name as hitner and call him on clean hits. That's the issue their. He wants money, as will be the reason San Fran doesn't sign him.

I think I'd rather have Byrd, but wouldn't be upset with Whitner. Doesn't he have a bit of a track record with delivering hits that draw 15 yarders?

nonetheless he is a solid pro bowl player and consistently ranked among the top 10 safeties in the league.

#740 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,354 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Heavy rumors swirling that it will be Vick to the Jets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users