#821 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Agree

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#822 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338144/article/chris-johnson-drawing-interest-from-new-york-jets

Jets reportedly the frontrunners for CJ2K.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#823 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

u guys havnt had a rb to strike fear since c-mart. would be a good signing 4 the jets

#824 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'd be fine with that. He's 28 but with a lot of miles on his legs, but he's still pretty damn explosive and one of the best straight line sprinters in the NFL. Also a good receiver out of the backfield. He could take on a reduced role here as we have Powell and Ivory. 160-170 carries a year would suit him just fine.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#825 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

u guys havnt had a rb to strike fear since c-mart. would be a good signing 4 the jets

Jets were blessed in having such an outstanding player like Curtis Martin from 1998 until he retired in 2007. Then, only a couple of seasons later, we got to enjoy LaDainian Tomlinson until he retired in 2012. I know some fans try to piss on the seasons LT was here, but the facts is: he had over 2,000 yrds (rushing & receiving) with 10 TD’s between 2010 & 2011. He was also a main contributor during that 2nd AFC Championship run, scoring 3 TD’s.

We’ve been spoiled over the last 16 years to have such competent ground & pound.

Now.. to sign a 28 year-old RB with 8,000 yards, and nearly 60 TD’s in only 6 seasons?! (to work with MM, Vick, Powell & Ivory no less) I’d feel really good about next years offense.. with or without DeSean.

I'd be fine with that. He's 28 but with a lot of miles on his legs, but he's still pretty damn explosive and one of the best straight line sprinters in the NFL. Also a good receiver out of the backfield. He could take on a reduced role here as we have Powell and Ivory. 160-170 carries a year would suit him just fine.

..a three year deal would be perfect. The guy still had 4 YPC.. 1,000 yrd season last year, playing unmotivated football. He NEVER gets injured.. rarely drops passes.. and only 11 lost fumbles heading into his 7th season? Sign this Beast!!

Edited by Beezer34, 31 March 2014 - 10:00 AM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#826 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

If the Jets got Johnson, I would be amazed and Idzik should be named GM for eternity.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#827 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

CJ2K? Ugh, I don't see him having many more productive seasons

#828 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Overrated his own self

#829 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Jets signed Jacoby Fordhttp://profootballta...gn-jacoby-ford/

Edited by CarterforPresident, 01 April 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#830 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well that's good. He's not much of a receiver, but a solid return guy. We won't have to be putting guys who don't belong back there anymore

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#831 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

Patterson(cb) a jet as wellhttp://profootballta...itri-patterson/

#832 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Patterson's not bad, problem is he's always hurt.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#833 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

J. Ford is a solid special teams signing. He'll be a nice KR\PR upgrade over Josh Cribbs.
Dimitri Patterson I am THRILLED about. He reminds me of Donald Strickland only better. This doesn't replace Cromartie, I still think the Jets sign Champ Bailey for that one. This replaces Aaron Berry, who never saw his potential fully pan out. Patterson had 4 picks in only 6 games last season -due to injury.. but the Dolphins were 5-1 with DP in the lineup, and 3-7 without him. He'll thrive under Rex.

Overall, Idzik continues to make quiet upgrades with 20+ million still to spend, and 12 draft picks next month. #BrickByBrick

#834 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Champ is meeting with the saints. Most likely isn't leaving either.

#835 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Even with Decker your WR's are terrible.    Glaring weakness unless you address this in the draft.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#836 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

I expect the Jets to move Heaven and Earth to trade up for Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins.  Seems like best WR available (EDIT: or Eric Ebron if he's still around) is going to the Jets round 1.

Ford actually may be an upgrade over Hill.  Ford's a hell of a lot smaller, but he's just as fast and probably has better hands.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 02 April 2014 - 10:44 AM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#837 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

Watkins would take a lot of heaven and earth moving...isn't he projected top 5? I'm not sure Idzik wants to give up the picks to go that high in the first round. 

Plus someone like Marqise Lee, Beckham or Brandin Cooks might be available anyway.

#838 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

This is a deep draft, don't throw the world away for Watkins. Plenty of others out there.

#839 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Remember that last year the Dolphins jumped up in the draft to 3rd overall for a 3rd rounder. Not all tradeups have to look like the Julio Jones trade
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#840 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Chris Johnson to be released very, very soon.  Jets are projected as the front runner

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users