859 replies to this topic

#841 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

It's official Chris Johnson has been released from the Titans, GIANTS now in the mix

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#842 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Free agent Chris Johnson is visiting the Jets on Tuesday

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#843 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Free agent Chris Johnson is visiting the Jets on Tuesday

Eric Decker  --  Santonio Holmes

Michael Vick  --  Mark Sanchez

Breno Giacomini  --  Austin Howard

Chris Johnson  --  Mike Goodson

Jacoby Ford  --  Josh Cribbs

Dimitri Patterson  --  Antonio Cromartie

Resigned: Nick Folk, Antwan Barnes, Willie Colon, Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, Jeff Cumberland, Nick Bellore & Douzable.

..say word! smiley-cool18.gif

Edited by Beezer34, 15 April 2014 - 12:54 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#844 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

Idzik's starting to remind me of Sandy Alderson and not in a good way.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#845 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Idzik's starting to remind me of Sandy Alderson and not in a good way.

I know what you mean, however unlike Alderson, Idzik has at least gotten the Jets (with a spotty roster in general and very depleted offense) to .500 in a year that some expected 3-13/4-12. Alderson's Mets have yet to do that

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#846 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I know what you mean, however unlike Alderson, Idzik has at least gotten the Jets (with a spotty roster in general and very depleted offense) to .500 in a year that some expected 3-13/4-12. Alderson's Mets have yet to do that

I don't give Idzik nearly the credit for that I do Rex/Morningwheg. It really was a bad roster further compromised by one of their best players (Cromartie) being hampered the whole season.

Like Sandy, Idzik won't do anything unless the value chart tells him it's okay. We'll see what else Idzik does this year. Decker and Vick were a nice start but they were a day late and a dollar short on ninety different corners and god help us if the Pats (who do need a RB) swoop in and kick more dirt in our faces by signing CJ.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2014 - 11:38 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#847 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Patience needs to be kept here among the fanbase. This is still a new GM we're talking about, with no previous exp. at the role prior to joining the Jets. Yes, we've swung and missed on DRC, D'Jax & Freeney this offseason.. but we've landed a few great pieces also. (and locked up 9 of our own UFA's aswell)

We've got 2 offers out pending to CJ2K & Rice, that could both be locked up by the end of the week. http://www.cbssports...on/228279875965

..how angry can the fanbase be with Eric Decker, Michael Vick, Dimitri Patterson, and potentially both Chris Johnson & Sidney Rice? :noclue:  not-to-mention 13 draft picks on tap next month. #PumpYourBrakes

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#848 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

I could care less about Rice to be honest...I get the logic and obviously he wouldn't cost much but god his legs are shot. I'd kind of rather just draft someone in a deep WR draft.

#849 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

The franchise is in the middle of a paradigm-shift.. and I find it refreshing to see a frugal, resourceful technique.. rather than Mad Mike signing names just to sell god damn jersey's. The Jets had NOTHING last year to work with, and he magician'd an 8-8 record. Nothing! We rolled into training camp last year with: Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Joe McKnight, Antonio Cromartie and Mark Sanchez.. the same nucleus from 2009. They're all gone, with the exceptions Mangold & Rex.

I'm embracing this new modus operandi of a more methodical, disciplined approach. It's a fvcking breath of fresh air, compared to the moron that was in charge before Idzik.

EDIT: --and change the name of this thread from 2013 -to- 2014 god damn it! :offtopic:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34, 16 April 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#850 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Or we could just start a 2014 thread lol

CJ is a Jet per Schefter on a 2-year deal. Good on Idzik, he had to improve the offense dramatically in FA and he's doing that. I did think the worst when he left town not signed.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 16 April 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#851 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

For a 28 year old back, that's exactly the right length. Don't want to go any further than 2 years.

Now we've got the makings of a real 3 headed monster back there.  Johnson doesn't have to shoulder the load anymore...maybe save some of those 85 yard runs for later in the game when Ivory has already softened the defense up a bit. He can also now become the new Tomlinson in catching the ball out of the backfield. We can expect a solid 40-50 receptions out of him this year.

The Jets have been criticized in the past(perhaps justifiably) for not having enough offensive gamebreakers.

Is Chris Johnson a game-breaker? Damn right he is.

Edited by '7', 16 April 2014 - 03:05 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#852 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

The Jets have been criticized in the past(perhaps justifiably) for not having enough offensive gamebreakers..

Jets2014_zps6401efd9.png

..quite the offseason for Mr. Idzik, no? :thumbsup:

Next up.. Sidney Rice. Couple that with Ivory, Powell, D'Brick, Colon, Cumby, Kerley, Mangold, etc.. we might just have an offense next season.

Edited by Beezer34, 16 April 2014 - 03:18 PM.

#853 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

Rice a seahawk, again. We all knew he was signing there, sorry to burst that bubble.

#854 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

sucks 4 the jets. i figured he would resign w. seattle. izdik cant close

#855 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

They just signed Chris Johnson.

Rice played in 8 games and had 15 catches last year

#856 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

Rice a Seahawk. We all knew he was signing there, sorry to burst that bubble.

photo_zps8e928317.jpg

#857 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Idzik is making some really great moves the past two years.    Hats off

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#858 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

Seattle made it clear they wanted him the day they released him. Would have been surprised to see him elsewhere, both parties wanted him to be in Seattle.

CJ has bad vision, block good for him and he'll easily put up 1,000 yards, good moves by the Jets this offseason!

photo_zps8e928317.jpg

Edited by CarterforPresident, 17 April 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#859 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

I am surprised anyone wanted him. Rice Is pretty worthless as a WR, his greatest contribution seems to be as an IR player.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#860 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Jets RB Mike Goodson (ACL, MCL surgery) will be sidelined for the "near future," GM John Idzik stated Monday.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users