859 replies to this topic

#101 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

I agree Daniel.   Not sure why the focus was on D, since the Sanchez has NO SUPPORT at all.   So know you lose games 17-3, instead of 20-3 (provided the meet expectations).

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#102 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

I agree Daniel.   Not sure why the focus was on D, since the Sanchez has NO SUPPORT at all.   So know you lose games 17-3, instead of 20-3 (provided the meet expectations).

because there's no 1st round top end offensive talent in this draft. The batch of wideouts are all interchangeable. There wasn't a single RB taken at all in round 1. The draft is deep not top heavy. The Jets can get a good wideout in 2 and a good tackle in 3 or 4. But nothing great available. 

There is no chance the Jets D finishes any lower than 16th in the league this year. They're always competitive under Rex.

Edited by '7', 26 April 2013 - 11:18 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#103 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

because there's no 1st round top end offensive talent in this draft. The batch of wideouts are all interchangeable. There wasn't a single RB taken at all in round 1. The draft is deep not top heavy. The Jets can get a good wideout in 2 and a good tackle in 3 or 4. But nothing great available. 

There is no chance the Jets D finishes any lower than 16th in the league this year. They're always competitive under Rex.

I see your point, but if everyone is running for D, you could have had the top of the line Offensive help, instead of waiting for scraps later.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#104 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

that's a fair point as well. The neglect of the O line is troubling. Warmack at 9 would've been solid. That said we still got the best CB in the draft.

But Tavon Austin types can be found. We got Kerley in round 5. We didn't miss out on Megatron here.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#105 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

I also think there was 'no' way they wanted any part of selecting a CB at 13, so they went CB with the earlier pick.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#106 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Heard from three different sources the Jets are moving up to get West Virginia QB Geno Smith tonight.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#107 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

that's a fair point as well. The neglect of the O line is troubling. Warmack at 9 would've been solid. That said we still got the best CB in the draft.

But Tavon Austin types can be found. We got Kerley in round 5. We didn't miss out on Megatron here.

Yeah, but you might have missed out on the equivalent of Percy Harvin.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#108 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

That would be horrible if they got Geno Smith. So I fully expect it to happen.

I wonder how much pull Bradway has now...remember he suggested Russell Wilson last season. Maybe he's high on Smith and they've decided to listen to him this time ?

#109 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm hoping it's just a smokescreen, but Schefter usually has things cold unfortunately.  Even if it is good value to get Geno in the second round I just don't like the player.  You can get good value getting a guy in the seventh round but if he ain't an NFL player it's still a wasted pick.  Not to mention you'd have to trade up to get Geno.  

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 April 2013 - 04:22 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#110 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Could be worse, if you had Jerry Jones calling the shots.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#111 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

fvckING IDIOTS!

We needed a receiver or tight end or offensive tackle.

This accomplishes NOTHING. This is a wasted pick

Edited by '7', 26 April 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#112 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

lol Jet fans are an embarassment, everyone booed Sanchez nonstop for months, now they're booing this kid to the high heavens before he throws an NFL pass.  I'm not saying I like the kid either but at least they didn't have to trade up for him.

They really are going to have to do something now (i.e. get rid of someone) - Sanchez, Garrard, Geno, Tebow and McElroy at QB.

#113 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

I don't think Geno Smith can even beat out Sanchez or Garrard (if Garrard is healthy)

#114 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Sanchez is probably cut at this point, especially after they restructured D'Brick's contract.  I hope Garrard can stay upright, I don't really want Geno (or Sanchez for that matter) dealing with the Revis nonsense in Week 1, then the Pats on Thursday night Week 2.

#115 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yea...good point with the D-Brick restructure (he's a great team guy)

This was just not the year to take a QB. That's next year. We could've had ourselves a nice OT or WR right here. A healthy Garrard is a competent starter. I would've been fine giving sanchez another shot, compete with Garrard...get him a receiver and tight end, and go from there. If he flames out this year then close the book on him.

#116 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't hate this pick? 

#117 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

This was just not the year to take a QB. That's next year. We could've had ourselves a nice OT or WR right here. A healthy Garrard is a competent starter. I would've been fine giving sanchez another shot, compete with Garrard...get him a receiver and tight end, and go from there. If he flames out this year then close the book on him.

You never know if A) they're going to be bad enough to pick a QB or B) they won't just get Clowney or one of the other big players then anyway.  There's not a real lot of skill position talent seemingly at this point anyway.

Hopefully he's not the next Pat White, but his numbers were pretty good and at least he started three years in college unlike Sanchez (who had just one year).

#118 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

You never know if A) they're going to be bad enough to pick a QB or B) they won't just get Clowney or one of the other big players then anyway. There's not a real lot of skill position talent seemingly at this point anyway.Hopefully he's not the next Pat White, but his numbers were pretty good and at least he started three years in college unlike Sanchez (who had just one year).

You have to make a conscious effort to be as bad as Pat White.

No one saw Pat White as anything other than a wildcat complement. Even the people that liked him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#119 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,323 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I was scared Miami would take McCoy when they drafted White. Considering Williams was 31+ at that time

#120 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

At least they finally picked a lineman, good.  Supposedly Winters can slot in at guard though he's listed as a tackle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users