Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Got their running back . . . Chris Ivory Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#122 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yeah for a fourth-rounder.  Oh well I'll take a shot at him, he always seemed to be fine when he did play but for some reason they never liked to commit to one back for any length of time.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#123 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Good. Glad we got Ivory. Gamebreaker type. Injury risk but let's face it there was no back in that 4th round better than Ivory anyway. Just wish we would've taken Woods instean of Geno Smith

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#124 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

No sooner than I praise the Jets for staying pat with their picks, they make me eat crow by wasting the 39th overall on attention grabbing headlines.
Give the Jets every opportunity to make fools of themselves.. THEY WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN! Woody cannot help himself when it comes to acquiring a QB that can sell jerseys. The entire organization should seriously consider writing a novel on; How NOT to develop a franchise quarterback. They go from 2012, where the fans were chanting for TT after every incomplete pass.. to 2013, where the fans will be cheering for GS after every incomplete pass. --brilliant!!

..I am seriously, SERIOUSLY, beginning to believe that Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, David Garrard, Tim Tebow, AND Greg McElroy will ALL be on the roster this coming season. Because it MAKES -- NO -- SENSE!!! THAT'S the reason why it will happen. The Sanchez\Tebow thing is yesterday's news. It no longer can get you ESPN coverage, as it's run it's course. But a storyline of 5 potential starters all on the same team?! Now THAT'S what'll sell newspapers.. and in the end, THAT'S ALL JOHNSON CARES ABOUT!!

disgusting

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#125 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Absolutely horrendous! 

#126 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't hate this pick? 

Yes.  This is a terrible pick for a team that needs so much more.   It really doesn't matter who is at QB when the season starts as they will be handicapped without any quality WR's, TE" or even a RB.   Just like last year, the Jets QB is a sitting duck in constant 3rd and long situation.    Hopefully, Sanchez can escape and rejuvenate his career as a back-up for a year and getting his fundemental's back.   Sanchez is a good QB, but needs a better environment.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#127 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Woody cannot help himself when it comes to acquiring a QB that can sell jerseys

Dead on Beezer.  Woody is not about winning, it is about finding ways to get press (usually for the wrong things) and sell merchandise and PSL's.   Winning is clearly, NOT a priority.

Correction to my other post:  I didn't realize you got Ivory.   Great acquisition, but not sure how effective he can be if no one fears your passing game or your mediocre OL.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#128 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

And the way things are going with QBs in this draft, a 7th round pick could have been used to get him or any of the other "top" quarterback prospects.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#129 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

From what I have read he is not very good. His stats were inflated due to a WR.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#130 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Geno Smith = Akilli Smith 2.0.

fvck Woody Johnson, fvck the Jets.  

You go in already with 5 QB's.  Why the fvck Teblow is still here, I will never fvcking know.  Geno was a WASTE of a pick in the 2nd round. 

I like the Ivory deal, and the beefing up of the OL, but I didn't like the Richardson pick.  

#131 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

You go in already with 5 QB's?

..six if you include Simms..
I never thought the Jets would've selected Smith.. although, I never expected Tebow to still be here come the month of May either, and yet, here we are. Obviously they're not going to stay with 6 QB's by the time the season starts, so here's my two-cents on how I predict the whole thing will play out.

•Mark Sanchez; Starting QB. Too much money wrapped in him not to be.
•Geno Smith; Backup QB. The savior who'll come in if Sanchez is benched.
•David Garrard; Third string quarterback.
•Greg McElroy; Traded. Only QB on the roster that teams would trade for.
•Matt Simms; Practice Squad.
•Tim Tebow; Moved to fullback. Think about it.. WHY ELSE IS HE STILL ON THIS TEAM?? I think Tebow himself knows his career is over, and I don't think convincing him to change positions is as insurmountable as it was last year. He knows no one wants him, so it's either this or the CFL.

Edited by Beezer34, 28 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#132 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

It's official Tebow FINALLY released from the Jets.   Anyone who thought this acquisition was a good one should just hand in their NFL posting creditionals.   This was a merchandising and PSL ploy from the start.

His NFL career is officially over.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#133 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Jets get an additional 1mil in cap space by releasing him

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#134 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Jets get an additional 1mil in cap space by releasing him

Does this count Ivory?  Plus you have a lot of draft picks to sign as well.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

The end of an era. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

It's official Tebow FINALLY released from the Jets.   Anyone who thought this acquisition was a good one should just hand in their NFL posting creditionals.   This was a merchandising and PSL ploy from the start.

His NFL career is officially over.

If you hate Sanchez, you can see Tebow as a win in that it was one more nail in his coffin. 

Anyhoo, the Jets did nothing to improve their team in this offseason, exept maybe Chris Ivory.  The Geno Smith thing seems like it'll end badly.    The NFL is a cargo cult science kind of league in that bad teams look at the success that teams that are already good like the Seahawks and the Niners have with mobile QBs that run the read option and just say we'll draft a QB like that in the second or third round and it'll work for us.  (The planes don't land). 

They probably botched the Tavon Austin situation and should have taken Eiffert with the 13th pick to immediately upgrade what was clearly the team's biggest issue, no weapons for Sanchez or whoever the QB might be.  Next year if you score 17 points against the Jets, you'll probably end up winning.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#137 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

If you hate Sanchez, you can see Tebow as a win in that it was one more nail in his coffin. 

Anyhoo, the Jets did nothing to improve their team in this offseason, exept maybe Chris Ivory.  The Geno Smith thing seems like it'll end badly.    The NFL is a cargo cult science kind of league in that bad teams look at the success that teams that are already good like the Seahawks and the Niners have with mobile QBs that run the read option and just say we'll draft a QB like that in the second or third round and it'll work for us.  (The planes don't land). 

They probably botched the Tavon Austin situation and should have taken Eiffert with the 13th pick to immediately upgrade what was clearly the team's biggest issue, no weapons for Sanchez or whoever the QB might be.  Next year if you score 17 points against the Jets, you'll probably end up winning.

I like Sanchez, but Tebow had the whole year to supplant him and couldn't.

I agree with your assessment of the Jets, aside form Ivory, I think the offseason has been terrible.  This too me, was a really bad draft for a team with so many other needs.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#138 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I like Sanchez, but Tebow had the whole year to supplant him and couldn't.

Please. The Jets brought in Tebow as a pure publicity stunt and never gave him any sort of chance to supplant Sanchez. Sparano did nothing for him. When Sanchez was playing like a sh!thead, they never even gave him a start. I get Tebow is probably not going to be much of an NFL QB, at least in a "typical" offense, but when a team has plays for the guy and actually gives him a chance, he has succeeded. I hope he gets a shot and destroys the Jets. The Jets wanted to dominate the back pages and they did.

I long considered the Jets my 2nd team, but being an adult and local compared to when I was a kid and local seeing how this team operates on a day to day basis, Im surprised they have any fans left. Woody Johnson is a complete dope and I would be demanding him to sell the team if I was a fan. Outside of the Cleveland Browns, the Jets probably have the biggest moron in the game for an owner.

#139 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

I agree with a lot of what you said. But if Tebow gave the Jets a glimmer of hope in practice or in games, the job was his by mid-year. But he was not smart enough to run or understand the offense.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#140 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,797 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

The Woody Johnson hate is a bit misguided. He's not a perfect owner, but he's much better than Hess. Look at the Jets records since Johnson became owner. It's better than league average. 

With Johnson we have a hiccup and are then good again

With Hess we went through endless stretches of horrible play. And not 6-10 bad. 1-15, 3-13, 4-12 bad.

This was a very weak draft for top end offensive talent, and Tavon Austin is a midget. Even smaller than Desean Jackson. He's not going up to get any footballs. And I'm not sure he can stand up to an NFL beating

Edited by '7', 02 May 2013 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users