271 replies to this topic

#241 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

First, I wanna say the tailgate was amazing. There were hundreds of Devils fans drinking and having a good time. Everyone was in a great mood and just so happy hockey was back.

The game was a bit sloppy as one might expect. Lots of passes in the skates and fumbling of the puck. I thought our top line looked very strong. Kovy and Zajac work well together. I gotta say I was impressed Tedenby. He was decent defensively and created a lot of offense. Good to see Marty start off well. He's the key to our playoff hopes.

All in all I feel that we controlled the game

#242 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

great to have hockey back! even ugly hockey lol
Greene is just rusty so relax, volch is DONE -TOAST, he's a door stop do we keep him strickly for the P kill?
good job by our #1 line vs theirs for most of the game!
the old 4th liners were strong again
patty looks good with the two head cases!
Kovy isnt the same explosive player we signed for 100 mil! watch the gap he gets from the D-man now
still a great player. even smarter but that burst is gone

#243 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Glad the awesome tailgate from last season was recreated.. Couldn't ask for better weather in mid-January
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#244 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

He's neither. I haven't finished looking at the playoffs, but through two rounds, Gionta was at 43% Fenwick. Now I know DeBoer didn't protect them at all, but I can't imagine it gets better as the playoffs move along.

Man you really are a slave to the Fenwick, lol.

I have to admit, I would've loved to have not cared about yesterday's game. But as the day went on, the excitement built up. I took my daughter went to a birthday party, and I wound up talking to a Flyers and Rangers fan...both were actually very cool. Talking hockey clearly was getting us all psyched up for another season. Once 7:00 rolled around, I watched every last minute. And enjoyed it all. And got the excitement back. And got the passion back. It was like it never went away. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...I just know I couldn't help myself one bit. Now matter how much the boneheads in charge show how little they care about both its fanbase and its product, they product is just so damned compelling that we can't help but come back.

Still not going to any games in person this year, but I sure will be watching as often as I can. NHL hockey completes me...damn you Gary Bettman! Damn you all to hell!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#245 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I have to admit, I would've loved to have not cared about yesterday's game. But as the day went on, the excitement built up. I took my daughter went to a birthday party, and I wound up talking to a Flyers and Rangers fan...both were actually very cool. Talking hockey clearly was getting us all psyched up for another season. Once 7:00 rolled around, I watched every last minute. And enjoyed it all. And got the excitement back. And got the passion back. It was like it never went away. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing...I just know I couldn't help myself one bit. Now matter how much the boneheads in charge show how little they care about both its fanbase and its product, they product is just so damned compelling that we can't help but come back.

Still not going to any games in person this year, but I sure will be watching as often as I can. NHL hockey completes me...damn you Gary Bettman! Damn you all to hell!

I know how you feel, man. I didn't even have anyone around me to really get me extra jacked up. No one in my new neck of the woods gives half a crap about hockey. But what built the tension for me was the drama with NHL GameCenter Live (my only way to see Devils games) not working properly. First the PS3 app isn't working, even though they sent out emails saying everyone'd be able to watch the Saturday games. Then it turns out the Sony people dropped the ball and didn't bother programming the app because they figured the season would be cancelled. Then the fallback, the GCL page on NHL.com, isn't working properly. Then it's working, but sllllloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyy. Gametime comes around and I remember the Center Ice free preview, which only broadcast the game in SD, but hey, it's better than nothing!

Stupid NHL. Making me earn my Devils hockey. It fired my ass up right away. It wasn't ideal, having to listen to Howie Rose continue to butcher Elias's name, and having the tease of possibly hearing him call out Matteau's name and have it be a good thing. But I got to watch the boys shake off some rust, and all felt right in the universe once again.

Also still not gonna attend any games this year. But I'll watch the hell out of them on TV and maybe once or twice from a Newark bar.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#246 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I was the same way. I wanted to avoid the game as much as possible but I couldn't resist just taking in five minutes of it. Well, five mins was all that was needed to draw me in for good. I watched every second and loved it again. Great to see all the devils fans at the game come thru loud on tv!

Also, I think we will be fine without Parise. We have a good team thats well coached with excellent defense and good goaltending.

Edited by devlman, 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#247 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I was the same way. I wanted to avoid the game as much as possible but I couldn't resist just taking in five minutes of it. Well, five mins was all that was needed to draw me in for good. I watched every second and loved it again. Great to see all the devils fans at the game come thru loud on tv!

Also, I think we will be fine without Parise. We have a good team thats well coached with excellent defense and good goaltending.

If Tedenby keeps playing like that, JJ can stay healthy and Cam will be permanently benched when Henrique comes back, then I don't think we'll have a problem with at least getting into the playoffs if we would've anyway
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#248 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

you sound a little too comfortable.. im not ok with just saying we're gonna be fine like we are. if last night's game is against a team other than the isles, theres a good chance we don't get the two points.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#249 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

you sound a little too comfortable.. im not ok with just saying we're gonna be fine like we are. if last night's game is against a team other than the isles, theres a good chance we don't get the two points.

While I share your unease I think we looked pretty good yesterday. The Devils have typically gotten off to a slow start. The forecheck was there and so was the hustle. Mind you we didn't have Henrique last night. Hell, even Janssen looked decent.
Detroit is in defensive peril right now. I wonder what they would be willing to give us for Volchenkov.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 20 January 2013 - 02:17 PM.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#250 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

While I share your unease I think we looked pretty good yesterday. The Devils have typically gotten off to a slow start. The forecheck was there and so was the hustle. Mind you we didn't have Henrique last night. Hell, even Janssen looked decent.
Detroit is in defensive peril right now. I wonder what they would be willing to give us for Volchenkov.

Volchenkov has an NTC.

Also, if he's a bad as everyone here seems to think, a well run team like Detroit isn't going to give you very much for him.

If you want someone to give you a non-rental top six forward, Merrill or Larsson has to be in that package.

Edited by Daniel, 20 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#251 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Volchenkov has an NTC.

I forgot about that. I don't think Detroit would be game to move players for picks or prospects.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#252 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

one good thing i forgot about Tedenby... he's drawing LOTS of penalties.

another observation is that we may not have a great team now... but we have LOTS of cap space, 14m ... so 1- we won't be stuck having to shed salary next season and we may benefit from team getting rid of players and we "may" be attractive for free agents... im not too sure about that anymore but we'll see.

Pretty sure the Blues are winning the cup this year, not based on the game yesterday i was already sure of that even before the season. They are stacked, attractive for free agents and have a super young team and have almost 20m in cap space for trade deadline... technically they could almost add Perry and Getzlaf to their team for a run lol ridiculous

Edited by SterioDesign, 20 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#253 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Volchenkov has an NTC.

Also, if he's a bad as everyone here seems to think, a well run team like Detroit isn't going to give you very much for him.

If you want someone to give you a non-rental top six forward, Merrill or Larsson has to be in that package.

Detroit doesn't have a heckuva lot to offer. The best we would get is a bottom 6 guy

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#254 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

fvck yeah Sabres just took the lead against the Flyers with 5min left in the game

www.SterioDesign.com

#255 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

How awesome would it be if the Rangers lose tonight and start off the season 0-2?

#256 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

How awesome would it be if the Rangers lose tonight and start off the season 0-2?

hell ya, along with the flyers who are also now 0-2

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#257 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think Henrique is the key. I think the jury is still out on what he'll be.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#258 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I agree but it was fun to watch an NHL game. I won't be going to any games at the Rock this season, I can't accept these loockout. Fvck the Owners

#259 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

another note from the game, is it me or it seems like Josefson had a lot more grit than last year? seems like he was battling and hitting more than usual ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#260 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

another note from the game, is it me or it seems like Josefson had a lot more grit than last year? seems like he was battling and hitting more than usual ?

It's because of the ENERGY Janssen brought to that line.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users