271 replies to this topic

#261 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I just have to say, the scheduling really screwed us. How are there teams that played a back to back and we have to wait two days to see hockey again.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#262 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I just have to say, the scheduling really screwed us. How are there teams that played a back to back and we have to wait two days to see hockey again.

In 95, the season started on a Friday. NJ played its first game on Sunday, then didn't play again until Wednesday. All things considered, I'll take it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#263 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

yeah but we don't have any travelling to do basically

www.SterioDesign.com

#264 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

yeah but we don't have any travelling to do basically

Meh if these guys think flying on private team jets to play hockey for a living then they have another thing coming. And besides, I'm not the one that has to do the traveling so I could care less.
6qf7l3.jpg

#265 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

The Devils have one of the best schedules in the NHL. They didn't get screwed at all.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#266 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

The Devils have one of the best schedules in the NHL. They didn't get screwed at all.

I'm talking more in terms of timing. I agree that we play a very fair schedule with our opponents, but the fact that we play the Rags twice in three days at the end of the season pisses me off, among other things.
6qf7l3.jpg

#267 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Since we won, if you'd like I can put up the game thread again. I'm gonna throw it together tonight and can post it tomorrow when I get up for work. Can't stay up till 12 tonight to post it so figure it'll be up a bit before 6am-ish!

1dun.jpg

#268 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Since we won, if you'd like I can put up the game thread again. I'm gonna throw it together tonight and can post it tomorrow when I get up for work. Can't stay up till 12 tonight to post it so figure it'll be up a bit before 6am-ish!

Good idea. Lets keep GDT winning streaks this season. Or has that always been done?
6qf7l3.jpg

#269 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's usually done that way but you never know lol! Traditionally if a poster makes a GDT they get to keep making them until they lose...there's been times where if it's not up by a certain time someone else will make it, so I was just giving everyone a heads up that I WILL be posting it. Some people are superstitious and don't want it posted before midnight so I just have to wait till I get up for work in the AM. Let's just hope if someone was gonna make one before I post mine they read this ;) I'm not superstitious about the whole midnight thing...I've posted many GDT's before midnight in the past during winning streaks...but I am a bit superstitious about the GDT winning streak lol

It's pretty much done, I'll play with it a bit more and hope nothing screws up on my computer after I go to sleep in a few hours. I have it sitting in an open "Post New Topic" window. LOL

Edited by Coorslight, 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM.

1dun.jpg

#270 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

We had that stretch in the playoffs last year where a new person made their first thread to keep a streak going. I posted my first one then.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#271 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I meant to post this earlier but forgot so here it goes anyway-

The Coliseum bathroom situation is a joke. I left my seat at the end of the 1st period and didn't get back to it until 8:12ish left in the 2nd. The line for the mens room came from both directions and merged at the door. I've never seen anything like it. They need to line the concourse with porta-potties or something.

#272 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Fixed. :thumbsup:

The Coliseum is a joke.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users