28 replies to this topic

#21 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

This isn't quite what's discussed here, but I didn't really want to make a whole thread here or in OT. I'm thinking of getting a "placeshifting" box i.e. slingbox, belkin @tv or a vulkano. Does anybody have experience with these? I pretty much want it solely for the ability to watch Devils games from anywhere, work, a friend's house with no cable, while I'm driving(because if it's traffic safety or hockey, c'mon, what would you choose?).

#22 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I have an older slingbox, and it works great. Mine is only the SD type but it gets the job done. I noticed that the iphone app stream the quality way better than my macbook or PC.

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have an older slingbox, and it works great. Mine is only the SD type but it gets the job done. I noticed that the iphone app stream the quality way better than my macbook or PC.

My Dad had one like a slingbox, but it was a sony. This was like 3-4 years ago, don't think sony makes one anymore now. I'm leaning towards the slingbox, since I've heard basically squat about vulkano's and the belkin doesn't do hd, yet is the same price as the NEW slingbox 350, which can do HD via analog component cables. I've been told the addition of an HDMI port, which is what you gain by buying the slingbox 500, is basically a useless feature because of HDCP Content, that an cable provider could kill my slingbox signal via the HDMI cable since it's carrying copyright protected information. Lame. It seems like this whole market is wimpy because no one wants to put tons of tech into a device that might be outlawed by the industry tomorrow....

#24 этотсайтебут

этотсайтебут

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

vipbox.tv
atdee.net (formerly atdhenet.tv)
myp2p.cd

As always, don't click to download anything, the pop-up boxes can be closed out, some are time delayed.

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

vipbox.tv
atdee.net (formerly atdhenet.tv)
myp2p.cd

As always, don't click to download anything, the pop-up boxes can be closed out, some are time delayed.

I was told the new atdhenet.tv formerly atdhe.net is now atdhe.eu or bz?

One could also check the wiziwig forum here: forum.wiziwig.eu and find the NHL/Icehockey section. There's links there to pretty much every game, every night.

Has anyone used sopcast recently? I used to get the devils feed with like 1000kbps on the kilonet channel, but now, I can never get it to work. There's even a link to it on wiziwig, but I can't get it to open in sopcast. Just says "channel is offline".

Edited by ATLL765, 25 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

this site is working well...

http://www.thefirstr...ice-hockey.html

much better than other peice of crap link with ads all over the game all the time!

I'm here for the party

#27 bjd3vil

bjd3vil

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

This isn't quite what's discussed here, but I didn't really want to make a whole thread here or in OT. I'm thinking of getting a "placeshifting" box i.e. slingbox, belkin @tv or a vulkano. Does anybody have experience with these? I pretty much want it solely for the ability to watch Devils games from anywhere, work, a friend's house with no cable, while I'm driving(because if it's traffic safety or hockey, c'mon, what would you choose?).

I have a Vulkano Flow and I love it. I got it off Ebay for like $70 lightly used. It has been great for hockey and NFL. I have the Sunday Ticket too and never miss a game now. They charge like $12 for the iPhone app and Kindle Fire. I bought both as they are a one time fee and they are way worth it. I can get whatever I have on my DVR or DirecTV anywhere, anytime.

#28 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Been uding Slingbox since it came out. Great device. You can connect your Tivo to watch recorded content as well.

#29 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have a Vulkano Flow and I love it. I got it off Ebay for like $70 lightly used. It has been great for hockey and NFL. I have the Sunday Ticket too and never miss a game now. They charge like $12 for the iPhone app and Kindle Fire. I bought both as they are a one time fee and they are way worth it. I can get whatever I have on my DVR or DirecTV anywhere, anytime.

Slingbox charges like $14.99 for the Android and iPhone apps, but I'm not terribly interested in using it on my phone. I hate watching video on a phone since they're still too small for my taste. I'm more about what kind of resolution and quality of picture can I get over the device. The new Slingbox 350 says it'll do HD quality video through it's component inputs, so to be able to get 720p or 1080i over the internet would be HUGE for me. I want to be able to throw it up on another TV, a projector perhaps even. So the main thing for me is how is the picture quality and do any of these offer HD resolutions over the device?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users