streaming?

JonathanAndre

This isn't quite what's discussed here, but I didn't really want to make a whole thread here or in OT. I'm thinking of getting a "placeshifting" box i.e. slingbox, belkin @tv or a vulkano. Does anybody have experience with these? I pretty much want it solely for the ability to watch Devils games from anywhere, work, a friend's house with no cable, while I'm driving(because if it's traffic safety or hockey, c'mon, what would you choose?).

I have a Vulkano Flow and I love it. I got it off Ebay for like $70 lightly used. It has been great for hockey and NFL. I have the Sunday Ticket too and never miss a game now. They charge like $12 for the iPhone app and Kindle Fire. I bought both as they are a one time fee and they are way worth it. I can get whatever I have on my DVR or DirecTV anywhere, anytime.

I have a Vulkano Flow and I love it. I got it off Ebay for like $70 lightly used. It has been great for hockey and NFL. I have the Sunday Ticket too and never miss a game now. They charge like $12 for the iPhone app and Kindle Fire. I bought both as they are a one time fee and they are way worth it. I can get whatever I have on my DVR or DirecTV anywhere, anytime.

Slingbox charges like $14.99 for the Android and iPhone apps, but I'm not terribly interested in using it on my phone. I hate watching video on a phone since they're still too small for my taste. I'm more about what kind of resolution and quality of picture can I get over the device. The new Slingbox 350 says it'll do HD quality video through it's component inputs, so to be able to get 720p or 1080i over the internet would be HUGE for me. I want to be able to throw it up on another TV, a projector perhaps even. So the main thing for me is how is the picture quality and do any of these offer HD resolutions over the device?