1105 replies to this topic

#201 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Watching this Kitchener-Erie game on NHL Network. Kitchener even uses the Rangers' dumbass goal song when they score. And their goal horn. This, in addition to wearing identical jerseys. Its disturbing.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#202 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Gomez gets his first game as a San Jose Shark this afternoon

Going Old School with no 23
http://sharks.nhl.co....htm?id=8467351

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 26 January 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#203 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm going to the Sharks-Canucks game tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see Gomez again, and in teal.

#204 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Landeskog got rocked by Stuart. Nice hit in my opinion, tucked his elbow into his body, didn't leave his feet until after contact was initiated, Landeskog really put himself in a vulnerable position there. The Sharks announcers were brutal though, they seemed offended that O'Byrne would would go after someone who just drilled his captain. Awful, awful announcing. Hate that O'Byrne got the dumbest penalty in hockey - instigator but it's the way the NHL is unfortunately.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#205 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Even more intriguing on the Stuart hit is the instigating with a visor. I've always said tht when players fight, removing the helmet should be as customary as dropping the gloves
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#206 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Even more intriguing on the Stuart hit is the instigating with a visor. I've always said tht when players fight, removing the helmet should be as customary as dropping the gloves

Agreed but in a heat of the moment situation like this it's not necessarily that easy.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#207 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Landeskog got rocked by Stuart. Nice hit in my opinion, tucked his elbow into his body, didn't leave his feet until after contact was initiated, Landeskog really put himself in a vulnerable position there. The Sharks announcers were brutal though, they seemed offended that O'Byrne would would go after someone who just drilled his captain. Awful, awful announcing. Hate that O'Byrne got the dumbest penalty in hockey - instigator but it's the way the NHL is unfortunately.

It looked like Stuart went too high w/ the shoulder but that might've just been because Landeskog's head was down. But I'm sure to O'Byrne, it looked dirty and of course you're going to protect your 20 year old Captain when it looks like he got hit in the head

edit: meant shoulder, not elbow

Edited by DH26, 26 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#208 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

It looked like Stuart went too high w/ the elbow but that might've just been because Landeskog's head was down. But I'm sure to O'Byrne, it looked dirty and of course you're going to protect your 20 year old Captain when it looks like he got elbowed in the head

When I went frame by frame in slow motion it showed Stuart actually tucked his elbow into his body. Stuart's shoulder clearly hits Landeskog's head which is really Landeskog's fault but the NHL will probably have a problem with it since there was contact in the head. I'm a big believer in responding to big hits no matter if they are clean (like this one) or dirty by fighting the player who committed the hit. I just wish those situations resulted in 5 minute fighting majors and nothing more.

#209 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Just heard rumor on NHL Network ... Jason Arnott to Rangers ...

Just confirmed ... Arnott to Rangers ... 1.6 million/1 year deal.

Edited by Anhkheg, 26 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#210 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

O'Byrne got 4 minutes for that (instigating and fighting with a visor). Marleau promptly scored 2 PP goals, game is now blown open: 4-0 going into the 3rd.

I think that's a clean hit 10 years ago, and you can maybe make a case that it's clean today (unavoidable contact as Landeskog's head was down) but I expect Stuart to be suspended.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#211 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

O'Byrne got 4 minutes for that (instigating and fighting with a visor). Marleau promptly scored 2 PP goals, game is now blown open: 4-0 going into the 3rd.

I think that's a clean hit 10 years ago, and you can maybe make a case that it's clean today (unavoidable contact as Landeskog's head was down) but I expect Stuart to be suspended.

That was as clean an open ice body check as I've ever seen. And a$$hole O'Byrne starts a fight over it like a little bitch. Can you imagine if Scott Stevens played today? He would've been suspended for the Kozlov hit, which was perfectly clean, for like 7 years the way these hits are treated today. Why don't they just go ahead and ban open ice hits, its fvcking ridiculous the way you seemingly can't lay a finger on anyone in open ice without it being labled as 'dirty' by someone. It makes me want to puke.

#212 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

That was as clean an open ice body check as I've ever seen. And a$$hole O'Byrne starts a fight over it like a little bitch. Can you imagine if Scott Stevens played today? He would've been suspended for the Kozlov hit, which was perfectly clean, for like 7 years the way these hits are treated today. Why don't they just go ahead and ban open ice hits, its fvcking ridiculous the way you seemingly can't lay a finger on anyone in open ice without it being labled as 'dirty' by someone. It makes me want to puke.

They were talking about it in the broadcast. I agree it's a stupid part of the game that after a big hit someone has to start a fight, but it's a part of the game nevertheless. Don't blame O'Byrne, blame the nature of the sport.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#213 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Lets go Leafs!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#214 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Leafs on the board, 1-0.

#215 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Lundqvist gave up 2G on 3 shots. Ouch!
Philly is winning 2-0. Panthers need to wake up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#216 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Obviously too early to make a big deal out of anything to this point, but man am I loving Rangers being 1-3, and now being outscored 16-9 on the season (including tonight's first period).
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#217 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Lol. Redden scores for the Blues. Philly is up 3-0 over Florida.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#218 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Richards scores for the a$$holes, 2-1 now.

#219 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

bucked tooth beaver scores, 2-1 Leafs. Hoping they don't pull the same vanishing act they did against the Isles...

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#220 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Pacioretty underwent an emergency appendicectomy tonight in Montreal - Out 3 to 4 weeks.

thats good news for us tomorrow

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users