1105 replies to this topic

#281 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I don't think Rinaldo did anything dirty at all. Crombeen was on a knee but he wasn't turtling or giving up, he was trying to get back up to fight more. He was fair game in my opinion.

I agree. And actually I was watching after and he must've been mic'd up because they panned to him talking to the refs and he said, "hey listen I really didn't think he was on the ground, I didn't mean to make it look dirty"
The ref just said like no worries you're good.

I think ill have to agree, nothing dirty

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#282 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Five goals in the second period for Pittsburgh against Washington...Caps now losing 5-1.  Wonder how much longer Adam Oates is going to last...looking like the next John MacLean at this rate...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#283 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

The current downfall of the Caps is depressing, they were one of the most fun teams to watch in the league for years.

Great article about it
http://www.japersrin...pitals-trap-fml
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#284 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Maybe it's because I went to school in Maryland for a year and still have some friends there but I am really enjoying the fall of the Capitals. Most of the people that I knew didn't become Caps fans until they got good again under Ovechkin.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#285 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#286 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Both Isles and Caps failed to help us. Florida did some of the damage against the Flyers. The east makes me sad tonight besides the Devils win. But the West was a perfect night though because Wild lost 4-1 (Parise -2 tonight) and Kings were blanked 3-0.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#287 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

Their special teams came back down to earth, it wasnt going to be sustainable, they are not a strong 5 on 5 team...ala 2012 Panthers.

Edited by Zubie#8, 08 February 2013 - 12:13 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#288 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Apparently the Wild fans booed the team after every period tonight. So much for the honeymoon I wonder when Zach starts to get pissy about the booing.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#289 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Apparently the Wild fans booed the team after every period tonight. So much for the honeymoon I wonder when Zach starts to get pissy about the booing.

The home crowd, starting to wonder when or if this renovated team is going to
play up to the potential created by the summer signings of Parise and defenceman
Ryan Suter, let out a few boos
as the Wild left the ice at the first intermission. They got louder after the
second period and more pronounced at the final horn.

"It's not fun right now. Things aren't going well," Suter said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415508

I love it.

Posted Image

#290 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Looks like MSG's Ranger analyst John Giannone got hit with a puck last night while reporting from his usual spot between the benches at MSG.

http://sports.yahoo....16320--nhl.html

I find this funny and ironic as during the Rangers telecast of their game against the Devils the other day, Sam and Joe were whining at one point that Lou doesn't allow anyone to stand between the benches (I am assuming except for if it is an NBC or NBCSN telecast) so they couldn't get reports on whats happening on the Rangers bench.

This is why Sam.

Edited by DevsMan84, 08 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#291 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

The home crowd, starting to wonder when or if this renovated team is going to
play up to the potential created by the summer signings of Parise and defencemanRyan Suter, let out a few boos
as the Wild left the ice at the first intermission. They got louder after the
second period and more pronounced at the final horn.

"It's not fun right now. Things aren't going well," Suter said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415508

I love it.

. Lmfao, fantastic. Keep losing a$$holes.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#292 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Looks like MSG's Ranger analyst John Giannone got hit with a puck last night while reporting from his usual spot between the benches at MSG.

http://sports.yahoo....16320--nhl.html

I find this funny and ironic as during the Rangers telecast of their game against the Devils the other day, Sam and Joe were whining at one point that Lou doesn't allow anyone to stand between the benches (I am assuming except for if it is an NBC or NBCSN telecast) so they couldn't get reports on whats happening on the Rangers bench.

This is why Sam.

I wish he would make Sam and Joe do their play-by-play between the benches so Kovy could rifle a shot at them every period just for fun (bonus to Kovy if he hits one directly).

Posted Image

#293 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Maybe it's because I went to school in Maryland for a year and still have some friends there but I am really enjoying the fall of the Capitals. Most of the people that I knew didn't become Caps fans until they got good again under Ovechkin.

Hmmm, sounds just like Pittsburgh before Malkin/Crosby...

#294 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

So what do you guys think Washington should do? The team is clearly just...lost.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#295 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

What a ridiculous penalty called on Paul Gaustad in the Wild/Preds game!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#296 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

looks like langenbrunner is having season ending surgery
http://www.usatoday....urgery/1905917/

#297 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Anyone else see that PP masterpiece by Datsyuk?
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#298 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have few rules. One of them is to post when a 42-year-old has a 4 point night. Just 14 points in 11 games so far for Teemu.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#299 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Wow, has the Blues' goaltending been brutal this season:  .889 for Halak, and .853 (?!) for Elliot.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  21 goals allowed in the last four games...yikes.

#30 FOREVER!

#300 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Wow, has the Blues' goaltending been brutal this season:  .889 for Halak, and .853 (?!) for Elliot.  Doesn't get much worse than that.  21 goals allowed in the last four games...yikes.

Seems like the entire Blues team is doing poorly, but there is certainly precedent for Ken Hitchcock goalies falling off a cliff after ridiculous years (Leclaire and Mason).

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users