1105 replies to this topic

#301 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

So much for the "for real" Islanders.  Three losses in a row (outscored 11-3), 0-17 on the power play in those games, 5-for-8 on the penalty kill.  They're averaging 3.4 GAPG on the season.   

I would rather see the Isles have success compared to the Rags.

#302 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Anyone watching the islanders game? There is no one at the game

#303 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Depietro actually looks pretty good handling the puck
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#304 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mark Fraser is a league leading +11...wow.

...and as Triumph predicted the Islanders could not sustain their special teams play and now have fallen back down to earth. They are awful 5 on 5.

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 February 2013 - 09:50 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#305 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

...and as Triumph predicted the Islanders could not sustain their special teams play and now have fallen back down to earth. They are awful 5 on 5.

Or more like they sustained their special teams play but fell back to earth anyway. :lol:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#306 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

islanders 4 for 5 on the power play tonight. dp looked horrible

#307 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

islanders 4 for 5 on the power play tonight. dp looked horrible

Well except for tonight! Haha their powerplay was bad since they played us...up until tonight.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#308 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Is Jack Capuano getting ready to audition for Flock of Seagulls?  What's going on with that hairdo?  

#309 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is Jack Capuano getting ready to audition for Flock of Seagulls?  What's going on with that hairdo?  

Gotta love the accent.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#310 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Flyers got wiped up again tonight, this time by Toronto.  Lost 2-5. Awesome

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#311 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

. Ya know what, good for Mark Fraser. I was one of his biggest critics, I bagged on him all the time when he was here. But he was a really good dude, and its always good to see good people who work hard succeed. Maybe he's found a home in Toronto. He's playing good hockey.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#312 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Btw, who had David Clarkson getting mentioned in the Hart conversation and Mark Fraser leading the league in +/- through 11 games? Anyone? Anyone? :P

#313 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Ryan Suter is a team leading -7. Good investment.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#314 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

. Ya know what, good for Mark Fraser. I was one of his biggest critics, I bagged on him all the time when he was here. But he was a really good dude, and its always good to see good people who work hard succeed. Maybe he's found a home in Toronto. He's playing good hockey.

I never had a problem with him, kept quiet, played good hockey for us even though he wasnt anything special, and stuck up for his teammates. So you are correct, it is good to see a guy like that have a nice run.

Poor Parise has one point in his last seven games with the Wild struggling to put up points. Good thing they have good goaltending. Imagine if Suter continues this bad stretch and the Wild buy him out in the future, I bet Parise wont be happy about that. :giggle:

Suter's contract is one of the worst signed in any sport.

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#315 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I never had a problem with him, kept quiet, played good hockey for us even though he wasnt anything special, and stuck up for his teammates. So you are correct, it is good to see a guy like that have a nice run.

Poor Parise has one point in his last seven games with the Wild struggling to put up points. Good thing they have good goaltending. Imagine if Suter continues this bad stretch and the Wild buy him out in the future, I bet Parise wont be happy about that. :giggle:

An awful contract, but rare in sports that you see such a bad deal that so many teams were willing to do...with some offering a lot more.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#316 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Isles are a "real" two period team!

#317 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I'm chuckling too, but it's only been 12 games, and they're 6-5-1.  Could be a lot worse, though they are having a hell of a time scoring goals lately (7 in their last 6 games, when phantom shootout goals are eliminated). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#318 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415849. And Columbus fires Scott Howson. About time lol.

Edited by MadDog2020, 12 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#319 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Bullsh!t goal allowed in Ducks/Hawks game

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#320 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Strange the Blue Jackets would let Howson trade Nash,their franchise player, if he was only one bad start away from being fired. Hopefully whoever comes in can make some progress there. Sucks to see that franchise do so poorly for so long.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users