1105 replies to this topic

#601 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

It was kind of funny when that Montreal player stole his teammate's goal.  He basically put his stick behind the goalie where all it could do was deflect a puck that was already a few inches away from going in.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#602 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

There really aren't many 'Diablos' this season, the standing section's been like two-three rows deep at best most games I've seen this year.

does the entire section usually stand? Like you can't see the game unless your standing type of deal?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#603 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Key match ups tomorrow:
1). Pens @ Leafs. A regulation loss for TO means NJ jumps to 6th.
2). Rangers (8th, 25gms played) @ Jets (9th, 26 games played). Both teams have earned 28 points. Winner takes 8th.

Not so important:
Isles (10th) @ Lightning (12th). Hopefully, Tampa wins.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#604 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

So root for Pitt?   Ewww.

#605 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

pitt wins, rags losing so it's a good night.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#606 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Rags lose back to back in regulation! :clap2:

Only one game in hand now.

#607 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Winnipeg goes up 3-1 late, Rags done.  And so they tumble out of the playoff picture, at least for tonight.  :)  Exxxxxxcellent.

Devils in 6th, 9 points behind the Penguins and Habs.

Edited by JSR, 14 March 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#608 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Time for the best part of the game! The post game Torts show lol

#609 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

'Peg.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#610 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

A little bigger storyline might be Lundqvist. He looked in considerable pain toward the end of the game, thought he'd pull himself and ask Biron to come in if they weren't in the last minute of the game.

#611 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Rangers are now 3-9-1 against the top 8 teams in the East as they are comprised right now.

#612 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

At the end of tomorrow, we might see the standings from 5-10th changed.
Key match ups tomorrow:
1). Sens (27gms-32pts) VS Buffalo. 5th place is on the line.
2). Habs at NJ (28gms-32pts). 6th place NJ needs to build a bigger cushion with the rest of the playoff hunters.
3). Rags (26gms-28pts) @ Pitt. 9th place Rags need a win.
4). Leafs (28gms-31pts) Jets (27gms-30pts). Battle between 7th and 8th
5). Isles (27gms-27pts) @ Panthers. 10th place Isles can jump ahead the Rags if everything goes their way.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#613 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

If the Rags lose in regulation and the Islanders pull off the win tonight they will swap places in the standings.

It would be pretty cool to see the Islanders make the playoffs over the Rangers.

#614 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

If the Rags lose in regulation and the Islanders pull off the win tonight they will swap places in the standings.

It would be pretty cool to see the Islanders make the playoffs over the Rangers.

i agree with ya on that one, how many years has it been since the islanders made the playoffs?..5? must be miserable being an islander fan.. although i guess i rather be a isles fan then a ranger fan!

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#615 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I am amazed how we shut down the Penguins for those two games. Just look at the Rangers right now, they are just lost. They are getting dominated and Hank is keeping this a 1-0 game. 15 minutes in and only 2 far distanced soft shots on goal for the Rags.

EDIT: Took them 17 minutes to get their first even strength shot.

Edited by Zubie#8, 16 March 2013 - 12:44 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#616 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

i agree with ya on that one, how many years has it been since the islanders made the playoffs?..5? must be miserable being an islander fan.. although i guess i rather be a isles fan then a ranger fan!

The last time the Islanders made the playoffs was the 06-07 season. The fans over there deserve it especially after what Wang has put them through since taking over.

On a side note I wonder if Tim Thomas would show up to play in the playoffs.

#617 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

If the Isles make the playoffs, it'll presumably be because Nabokov's on a roll.  Thomas ain't going to come back to be a backup at best.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#618 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

The last time the Islanders made the playoffs was the 06-07 season. The fans over there deserve it especially after what Wang has put them through since taking over.

On a side note I wonder if Tim Thomas would show up to play in the playoffs.

I think Wang gets a undeserved bad rep as an owner. The guy has sunk a ton of his own money into the team, and kept the Isles in the area when he just as easily could have sold to someone who could have relocated the team. In fact he came up with a plan for a new arena that woud be entirely privately financed. He has stayed out of personnel decisions, and has never forced the team to dump salary for financial reasons so far as I can recall.

The Isles are one of those unlucky teams that are perennially bad, but not bad enough in the right years to get the good draft picks, save Tavares.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#619 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

I think Wang gets a undeserved bad rep as an owner. The guy has sunk a ton of his own money into the team, and kept the Isles in the area when he just as easily could have sold to someone who could have relocated the team. In fact he came up with a plan for a new arena that woud be entirely privately financed. He has stayed out of personnel decisions, and has never forced the team to dump salary for financial reasons so far as I can recall. The Isles are one of those unlucky teams that are perennially bad, but not bad enough in the right years to get the good draft picks, save Tavares. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

he also didn't fire mike milbury until 10 years after he should've which pretty much murdered the franchise. And then he kept him on after firing him to run the draft basically. And let's not forget him farcically hiring Neil Smith for about a week 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#620 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Official:
Rags lost 3-0 to the Pens and stay at 9th. Isles need a victory to jump to 9th.

2nd period:
Buffalo 2 Ottawa 0

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users