1105 replies to this topic

#941 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

The quote about it being easy to get up to play Chicago and not Calgary hit too close to home with the way our season's gone.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#942 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

I'm surprised how focused the Islanders look, for a change.

There was a real buzz in the Nassau Coliseum at the end of the game last night. Those fans are dying to make the playoffs

#943 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm surprised how focused the Islanders look, for a change.

There was a real buzz in the Nassau Coliseum at the end of the game last night. Those fans are dying to make the playoffs

Its going to be a zoo in the Coliseum on Saturday. Rags Isles, cheapest pair of tickets going for $150, rabid Islander fans are back. Pandemonium will ensue Saturday!

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 April 2013 - 11:42 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#944 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Its going to be a zoo in the Coliseum on Saturday. Rags Isles, cheapest pair of tickets going for $150, rabid Islander fans are back. Pandemonium will ensue Saturday!

Might get destroyed for saying this but...

Good for the Islanders. Only a handful of their fans that I've come across, truly suck.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#945 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

We desperately need that Rags/Isles game to be a 2 pointer

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#946 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Might get destroyed for saying this but...

Good for the Islanders. Only a handful of their fans that I've come across, truly suck.

Absolutely. Those fans deserve some success after being dragged in the mud again and again. Truly pathetic ownership and management to be so bad for so long. It's such a shame. People made/make fun of that building for being barely half full each night, but I am always amazed that a team that bad for so long and playing in a building so disgusting averages that many people. I couldn't do it if I was an Islanders fan. So good on them.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#947 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Absolutely. Those fans deserve some success after being dragged in the mud again and again. Truly pathetic ownership and management to be so bad for so long. It's such a shame. People made/make fun of that building for being barely half full each night, but I am always amazed that a team that bad for so long and playing in a building so disgusting averages that many people. I couldn't do it if I was an Islanders fan. So good on them.

I love the sight lines in that building though, I try to go there once a year, its always a nice trip.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#948 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I've set it before, but Wang gets a lot more heat than he deserves.  He's lost a ton of his own money on the team, and initially offered to build a new arena entirely with private money.  He could have easily waited out the lease and sold to someone who would have relocated the team, but chose not to.  He's also not really a tightwad, despite his reputation.  His GMs have been so bad with personnel that there isn't really anyone that was worth throwing a ton of money at.

Sure, his GM picks have been either disastrous (Milbury) or shaky at best (Snow).  But there are plenty of owners that have struck out badly on GMs.  Most teams aren't lucky enough to have guys like Lou or Ken Holland fall into their laps. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#949 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

the isles have sucked so bad year after year and that building is such a sh!t hole i went there this year for the first time for a dev isle game.. those fans deserve both a new building and a spot in the playoffs, i dont mind if they get in but i hope they dont make it very far
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#950 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

on another note.. leafs please get it done tonight, cannot afford a rags win right now!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#951 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I've set it before, but Wang gets a lot more heat than he deserves.  He's lost a ton of his own money on the team, and initially offered to build a new arena entirely with private money.  He could have easily waited out the lease and sold to someone who would have relocated the team, but chose not to.  He's also not really a tightwad, despite his reputation.  His GMs have been so bad with personnel that there isn't really anyone that was worth throwing a ton of money at.

Sure, his GM picks have been either disastrous (Milbury) or shaky at best (Snow).  But there are plenty of owners that have struck out badly on GMs.  Most teams aren't lucky enough to have guys like Lou or Ken Holland fall into their laps. 

I think Snow's done a lot with his pro scouting I guess and he's been a wizard with waiver pickups and random finds (Grabner not withstanding-the dumb Panthers waived him right after he was a big part of the Luongo trade I think) but the stuff with Niederreiter was embarrassing and guys like Josh Bailey probably got rushed. How he got Vishovsky and Nabokov to resign though's a miracle. Tavares obviously is the glue and then surrounded pretty much by waivers, so I think Wang should get minimal credit for this 

Edited by DH26, 10 April 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#952 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

keep going leafs keep going

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#953 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

cmon no OT in this game please

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#954 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

SO win for the Rangers.

Is that the statistical nail in the coffin?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#955 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

id say.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#956 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

SO win for the Rangers.

Is that the statistical nail in the coffin?

Pretty much unless you believe Ottawa's losing almost every game the rest of the season.  And magically we go from losing every single game to actually (gasp) winning a few.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 April 2013 - 10:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#957 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

We need philly to bear ottawa...i dont trust philly. They might be near quit mode. Can you imagine us playing the sens. They on a 6 game losing streak and us at 8 games.What a comedy
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#958 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

the isles have sucked so bad year after year and that building is such a sh!t hole i went there this year for the first time for a dev isle game.. those fans deserve both a new building and a spot in the playoffs, i dont mind if they get in but i hope they dont make it very far

I would love for them to make it far. Imagine a local hockey rivalry in 2015, with the Isles playing in Brooklyn, where the Islanders and Devils both have more bragging rights than the Rangers.

We need philly to bear ottawa...i dont trust philly. They might be near quit mode. Can you imagine us playing the sens. They on a 6 game losing streak and us at 8 games.What a comedy

NBC SPORTS FRIDAY NIGHT RIVALRY

#959 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

At least we dont have to play against that giant matress on Friday.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#960 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I hate to say it, but Lundqvist's play in OT yesterday was damn impressive.  You can tell he really wants the playoffs.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 11 April 2013 - 11:08 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users