1105 replies to this topic

#1061 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

hmm.. wonder if that was intentional... anyhow i dont care who does it, screw crosby

Lol, well they just changed it, hope someone got fired for that XD

#1062 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,885 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

go Jets go...keep the heat on the Rags

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1063 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Ottawa's really sh!tting the bed, making life so easy for the Rangers/Jets. Dammit...

#1064 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Gotta feel good for Oates, Ovie and the Caps after that horrendous start.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1065 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Jets still have a chance to overtake the Rags or Sens.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1066 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I hope we lose on Thursday or that's going to be rough.   So many games pissed away and they only would have needed one of them.

#1067 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

Jets have to beat the Habs, Sens have to win one of their last two, and the Rags would have to lose to Carolina and us.

It's a stretch, but it could happens. Canes won tonight.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1068 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Jets have to beat the Habs, Sens have to win one of their last two, and the Rags would have to lose to Carolina and us.

If the Canes could beat the Islanders, they can beat the Rangers. Considering the way they've been playing, Jets could totally beat the Habs... And then a dream scenario ensues, the Devils chance a week later to eliminate the Rags from the playoffs.

#1069 Wolfy

Wolfy

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

If it comes down to our last game against the rags for them to make the playoffs, that's going to be as good as a whole playoff run for me.

#1070 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

The Jets looked done.   Washington destroyed them in the second half of that game, short of the potshot by Antropov.

#1071 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

The Jets looked done.   Washington destroyed them in the second half of that game, short of the potshot by Antropov.

Washington's destroying everyone right now, to be fair..

#1072 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

If the Canes could beat the Islanders, they can beat the Rangers. Considering the way they've been playing, Jets could totally beat the Habs... And then a dream scenario ensues, the Devils chance a week later to eliminate the Rags from the playoffs.

A dream with a caveat, if we had just showed up against them 'last' weekend, the game would have meant 100 times more under that scenario.  Which would be annoying and kinda why I wouldn't care if the Rangers wrapped it up Thursday.  Especially if they fall asleep long enough and then wake up Saturday to punk us again and have another celebration in front of us.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1073 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,952 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Marty St Louis leads the NHL in scoring after a hat trick tonight. What a ridiculous career. One of my favourites.

If 37-year-old Martin St. Louis wins Art Ross, he would be oldest NHL scoring champ. #NYR's Bill Cook has record at 36 in 1932-33.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1074 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Gotta love MSL.  Such a great athlete.

believe-ll.jpg

#1075 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Marty St. Louis has been my favorite non-Devils player for a very long time. Dude's a first ballot HOF'er.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1076 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Marty St. Louis has been my favorite non-Devils player for a very long time. Dude's a first ballot HOF'er.

Don't know if he's a first-ballot guy, but if you throw out his first four NHL seasons (200 GP, 38 G, 57 A, 95 Pts), he put up some impressive offensive numbers for the Dead Puck Era (777 GP, 301 G, 514 A, 815 Pts), and in the last 9 seasons, the guy played in all 82 games seven times, 80 another season, and 77 in the other.  He hasn't missed a game this season, so he's played in 777 out of 784 regular season games since the '02-'03 season, and been productive to boot.  Hard not to be impressed by that...don't know if it's HOF-worthy, but he's had a terrific career.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1077 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,955 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Don't know if he's a first-ballot guy, but if you throw out his first four NHL seasons (200 GP, 38 G, 57 A, 95 Pts), he put up some impressive offensive numbers for the Dead Puck Era (777 GP, 301 G, 514 A, 815 Pts), and in the last 9 seasons, the guy played in all 82 games seven times, 80 another season, and 77 in the other.  He hasn't missed a game this season, so he's played in 777 out of 784 regular season games since the '02-'03 season, and been productive to boot.  Hard not to be impressed by that...don't know if it's HOF-worthy, but he's had a terrific career.

You're right, maybe first ballot is a little strong- but he's a HOF'er. And a HOF'er is a HOF'er to me. He's had a hell of a career and it 'aint over.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1078 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,224 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

You're right, maybe first ballot is a little strong- but he's a HOF'er. And a HOF'er is a HOF'er to me. He's had a hell of a career and it 'aint over.

He probably needs to do it a bit longer...put up over 1000 points...but like you say, he's still going.  His career is a little weird, in that he didn't hit his stride until relatively late...not until he was 27.  Hurts him from the compiling/points milestones standpoint.  And his overall numbers are less impressive when you don't start with the 2002-03 season...that's why I took those first four seasons out.  Averaging better than a PPG over the last decade is no small feat...not too many players do that.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1079 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

for wtv its worth Miller sold his house in Buffalo. He lives in California during the summer anyway but still. i think his time in buffalo is really over

www.SterioDesign.com

#1080 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

seeing Parise getting booed off the ice down 3-0 after the first is QUITE SATISFYING let me tell ya

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users