9 replies to this topic

#1 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Beautiful! Grand Rapids won the game 11-6 and the teams combined for 230 PIM! The game sheet is hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0mEk_OfLWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-RTfw3_Nw

Edited by thefiestygoat, 20 January 2013 - 01:33 AM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#2 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Guess with the NHL players gone, the AHL can go back to being the AHL, BS like this was why I wasn't crazy about our guys playing there.

#3 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Guess with the NHL players gone, the AHL can go back to being the AHL, BS like this was why I wasn't crazy about our guys playing there.

You don't see this THAT often from the AHL. It's not like the KHL that has a goon team basically w/ Nasty Mirasty etc
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#4 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

You don't see this THAT often from the AHL. It's not like the KHL that has a goon team basically w/ Nasty Mirasty etc

Vityaz is actually attempting to play hockey now, those guys are gone. (Well, they have Trevor Gillies, but he only has 46 PIMS, which is low for Vityaz standards) Line brawls are cool and all, when goons square off with goons. But that turned into a circus when the benches cleared. Potshots and sucker-punches all over the place. I think I saw some choking too, that's always fun.

Too much bullsh!t just happens in AHL games, some of it's because the players just aren't at the level of NHL players and make bad decisions, but then you get stuff like that. The guys won't get hit like they would if it was in an NHL game. Especially since the NHL guys are gone now.

#5 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Maybe those pink uniforms have something to do with it...

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#6 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Great video but glad it isn't a part of the NHL. Keep the line brawls as per Pens vs. Flyers in last seasons playoffs but don't need bench clearouts.
Twitter: @IceOwl14

#7 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Maybe those pink uniforms have something to do with it...

I was thinking the same thing. ;)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#8 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I like the carnage, I'm glad they did what they felt they had to do.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#9 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

I thought it was pretty ironic for ESPN to show this once the NHL is actually back. Go figure
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#10 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

This. You used to see this more often 10 years ago, but the AHL has grown a lot calmer since then. Things can still get out of hand sometimes, especially during a blowout and/or if the refs are being even more incompetent than usual*, but it's nowhere near an everyday occurrence. It probably has something to do with the crackdowns on violence and fighting in recent years.

* - I could buy either theory; Grand Rapids had just scored to go up 6-3, and the AHL is just as much a development league for referees as it is for players, so there are often complaints about the quality of the officiating. Just like the NHL, the AHL has its refs who have a reputation for being completely rubbish.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users