78 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Yeah don't do anything too crazy, we don't need a 16-0 Patriots type ceremony.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Will Mark Messier be at our ceremony?

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#23 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Will Mark Messier be at our ceremony?

I hope Matteau will. :boogie:

#24 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm sure Matteau Sr. will be at the game watching his son. I like the un-veil. I hope they show it on TV for the folks at home

#25 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

You can't compare Graves to Daneyko. Danekyo spent his entire career with the Devils, and was the "original" Devil. A better comparison would be Sergei Brylin or Claude Lemieux.

The only sure thing jersey retirements going forward are Marty, and Elias if he finishes out his career with the Devils. It only happens for Kovalchuk if he wins a Cup and plays for the team for another ten years at a high level.

At this point, Elias has cemented his #26 going to the rafters, IMO. Whether he finishes his career a Devil or not....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

At this point, Elias has cemented his #26 going to the rafters, IMO. Whether he finishes his career a Devil or not....

Agree, the Devils enjoyed his all of his prime years, and he's their all-time leading scorer by a mile...he should be around 930+ points by the end of this season. Two Cups and stayed when he had the chance to leave. It hasn't been all smooth sailing, but the same could be said about Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer. He's definitely going up, and just like Stevens and Daneyko, there won't be any debate about it amongst the fans.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

I can't wait til they retire Ken Klee's number!

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#28 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Didn't want to create a new topic for this so since this thread is about opening night. Has anyone seen whether this thing is close to a sellout or not? All the players keep talking about expecting a great atmosphere, but this is a Tuesday night and not Saturday like the Isles had.

I actually don't think this game will sell out...
Posted Image

#29 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Didn't want to create a new topic for this so since this thread is about opening night. Has anyone seen whether this thing is close to a sellout or not? All the players keep talking about expecting a great atmosphere, but this is a Tuesday night and not Saturday like the Isles had.

I actually don't think this game will sell out...

Not even close, nobody is going to pay $130 plus in the next 24 hours.

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9

believe-zubrus.jpg

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

You can't compare Graves to Daneyko. Danekyo spent his entire career with the Devils, and was the "original" Devil. A better comparison would be Sergei Brylin or Claude Lemieux.

The only sure thing jersey retirements going forward are Marty, and Elias if he finishes out his career with the Devils. It only happens for Kovalchuk if he wins a Cup and plays for the team for another ten years at a high level.

Elias could go to the Rangers at this point and the Devils would still retire his jersey.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think they'll find something to do with those remaining tickets that it'll pass the straight face test for being able to call it a sell out.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#32 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Good thing is stubhub has under 500 tickets left for the game.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well sth's can still get them for less lol...but yeah this doesn't look like a sellout and the Devils have nobody but themselves to blame, they didn't put tickets on sale to the public till basically Thursday or Friday, didn't even run an ad to buy tickets for the home opener on Saturday's telecast.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well sth's can still get them for less lol...but yeah this doesn't look like a sellout and the Devils have nobody but themselves to blame, they didn't put tickets on sale to the public till basically Thursday or Friday, didn't even run an ad to buy tickets for the home opener on Saturday's telecast.

Devils with poor marketing and/or advertising? Who saw that coming?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Good thing is stubhub has under 500 tickets left for the game.

Stubhub is not the greatest indicator as those seats are already technically listed as "sold" to the original owner.

#36 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Stubhub is not the greatest indicator as those seats are already technically listed as "sold" to the original owner.

I know but lower quantities on the second market might make people buy at the box office or ticketmaster.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,447 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Plus it's going to be a little misleading at the start of this year because nobody has hard tickets to sell yet. And not everyone is computer literate as far as being able to upload PDF files to sell on StubHub.

#38 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Well even if there is no banner ceremony we still have opening night pucks to look forward to. Brought to you by the good folks over at Prudential.

I think the only mention well hear of it will be when the team is introduced as "your 2012 eastern conf champion new jersey devilsssssssss"

#39 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Columbus is jammed packed, looks like a sell out. Devils better announce a sell out just to save us from any media abuse. :wink2:

Edited by Zubie#8, 21 January 2013 - 07:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

On the subject of tickets and attendance, I'm watching the Toronto-Buffalo game and they said everyone got in the ACC for free tonight. So I'm assuming the Leafs just gave away tickets, I have no idea how they went about it. Would love to know if that's actually true though.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users