• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I don't know about all of you but that embarrassing broadcast of the opening game of the NJ season on FIOS was something else. The screen was cut off so we couldn't see the time. The broadcast was obviously the HD feed cut off to fit the SD feed dimensions. I seriously hope this isn't something we have to look forward to of more of the Dolan spite.

Why did the Rangers get the privilege of two HD channels showing the exact same broadcast, and for that matter why did the Islanders even get a Feed down here in Central Jersey?

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I don't know about all of you but that embarrassing broadcast of the opening game of the NJ season on FIOS was something else. The screen was cut off so we couldn't see the time. The broadcast was obviously the HD feed cut off to fit the SD feed dimensions. I seriously hope this isn't something we have to look forward to of more of the Dolan spite.

Why did the Rangers get the privilege of two HD channels showing the exact same broadcast, and for that matter why did the Islanders even get a Feed down here in Central Jersey?

I think the issue is that MSG and MSG2 always broadcast the same game, at least in the NY area.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I get all the MSG channels in HD so I cant complain. :)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Wonder why Daniel, do some local providers not have MSG but have MSG2? That seems odd.

#5 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

I didn’t even get a HD feed here in Sussex county. The missing time was very annoying. I had to flip to the Islanders feed to how much time was left on the clock.

#6 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

For me the game was on two channels. I turned it on for the post game and like u said it had the bars on the side and it just looked absolutely terrible. Me and my brother were like "ok this can't be serious" so we channel surfed a bit and found it on another channel which was in HD.

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I know for myself and HellonIce that we both had issues with time warners hd channel not working. The overflow HD channel is new for us this year so hopefully they have it working right for the next game.

I had issues with the msg+ hd islanders feed as well, it was getting pixelated and almost like buffering numerous times. Same thing happened with the replay of the devils hd broadcast that was on at like 11pm on the msg+ hd channel. I ended up just watching the game on the xbox on gamecenter.

#8 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

this, going along with gamecenter crashing constantly (I couldn't get the 3rd period), not a good start at all. Downright embarrassing

Edited by DH26, 21 January 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#9 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

on comcast the msg+2 hd channel shows whatever is on msg+ incl saturdays game. very frustrating :argh:

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Wonder why Daniel, do some local providers not have MSG but have MSG2? That seems odd.

Yeah, it makes no sense. I do recall though, that when the Isles and Devils are playing at home and the Rangers are on the road, the Rangers get delegated to MSG Plus 2, which is not broadcast in HD. I think the Knicks, whether they're at home or on the road, take priority over all hockey games so far as HD is concerned.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Because, Boys it's the Devils so who cares? I mean they don't have any fans.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#12 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hmm, sounds like it wasn't just verizon having issues then. Wish we had a direct contact with MSG, they ignored my email and tweets.

#13 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah I had the score cut off too, I also found that whoever worked the camera did too many zooms on punk carriers going up ice, then would switch back to the regular broadcast cam, making for some confusing transitions. And the chief complaint being, it wasn't HD
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#14 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Same here...XFINITY was showing scores cutoff even on HD. Was horrible.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

How long ago was it that Verizon didn't even get to carry the Devils in HD? As long as Cablevision tries to exert its non-existent monopoly, I expect things like this to be commonplace-ish. If one watched the Islander feed, which I'm sure you got, it was fine.

I also do not understand MSG2.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

If one watched the Islander feed, which I'm sure you got, it was fine.

I noticed that too...I just couldn't take the islanders commentaries so switched back.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#17 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Both feeds, MSG2 and MSG2+ (Comcast, North Jersey) had the NY Islanders feed in HD. Steve and Chico didn't get put on until the encore presentation later on that night.

Quite disappointing. No Devils pre-game that night either (live).

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,055 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

How long ago was it that Verizon didn't even get to carry the Devils in HD? As long as Cablevision tries to exert its non-existent monopoly, I expect things like this to be commonplace-ish. If one watched the Islander feed, which I'm sure you got, it was fine.

I want to see the Devils broadcast, not the Isles. And I had the same issue on SD with the scoreboard, it was quite annoying really. Not so much not being able to see the score, which I knew anyway, but not being able to see the time. I don't really get why the Isles broadcast should get an SD telecast while we're stuck with HD on SD.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

DirecTV users have been dealing with the score & time being cut off for years. This year, though, it looks like MSG+2 is finally in HD (636-1, not 636), so that's nice.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#20 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I hate the Isles announcers, but nevertheless if the choice is between home team feed and HD picture, HD wins out in our house every time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users