269 replies to this topic

#181 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

i feel weird for thinking this... but for the first time of his devils career when Clarkson was fighting i was thinking... God don't break your hand or something we need you to score goals..... :headless chicken: never thought i'd think that way about Clarkson lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#182 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

i feel weird for thinking this... but for the first time of his devils career when Clarkson was fighting i was thinking... God don't break your hand or something we need you to score goals..... :headless chicken: never thought i'd think that way about Clarkson lol

Matteau's got him covered with the wrap-arounds now. No worries, amigo.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#183 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm more worried about Clarkson getting out of the way of Zdeno Chara bombs from the point than avoiding fights lol

#184 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I think there was a combination of things last night. Philly's quick start was probably helped by their timing being really good and the Devils timing being a little rusty. Then as the game wears on, the Devils timing starts to get a little better and the Flyers legs start to wear out because of the 3 games in 4 nights.

The unlucky first period for the Flyers probably doomed them as they likely needed to win that period to win the game.

I might not be giving the Devils enough credit for the win. But the way that game looked to me, it just seemed like the Flyers imploded under the weight of that disappointing first period.

Either way, good on the Devils for picking it up and locking it down. There's a lot to be optimistic about after two games.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#185 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hell has frozen over, this is a quote from TSN on last nights game: "the Devils won their home opener in front of an enthusiastic sellout crowd"
I can't remember TSN ever giving our crowds any positive mention

#186 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hell has frozen over, this is a quote from TSN on last nights game: "the Devils won their home opener in front of an enthusiastic sellout crowd"
I can't remember TSN ever giving our crowds any positive mention

FWIW, that's an AP story that TSN picked up. The same story is on ESPN's NHL page.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400442504

In any case, it's still relatively uncommon for the AP to use that kind of wording. Tom Canavan is the AP writer who covered this, and according to his Twitter, he's been covering New Jersey sports since '84.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 23 January 2013 - 08:44 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#187 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

FWIW, that's an AP story that TSN picked up. The same story is on ESPN's NHL page.

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400442504

Ah-hah...good catch....I knew something was fishy !!!!!!!!

#188 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,053 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Near Branford Place and Treat Place.. Been parking there for years with no issues

Thankfully, nothing was taken. Guy just broke the window and quickly searched the glove compartment and center console.. Like I said, he passed up on two $200 hockey sticks

He was probably a drunk or a junky looking for straight up cash for the next fix. Sucks about your window, but I'm glad nothing got stolen at least.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#189 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

He was probably a drunk or a junky looking for straight up cash for the next fix. Sucks about your window, but I'm glad nothing got stolen at least.

Yeah i figured as much.. Thanks for the kind words guys, guess I'll have to buy a parking pass from now on

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#190 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

I might not be giving the Devils enough credit for the win. But the way that game looked to me, it just seemed like the Flyers imploded under the weight of that disappointing first period.

Either way, good on the Devils for picking it up and locking it down. There's a lot to be optimistic about after two games.

+1 for sure. I was not overly impressed with how we played, although we took advantage of our offensive opportunities enough to win. I was massively disappointed with Philly's effort; I thought they were a much better team than what they've showed in three games.

#191 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,567 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Last night was 1 of those nights that you thank ytour lucky stars that Broduer is your goalie, & Bryz is not!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#192 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Looks like Schenn will be the first player this year to sit down with Shanahan about a questionable hit.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Flyers Brayden Schenn has a supplemental discipline hearing today for possibly leaving his feet on hit on Anton Volchenkov in 2nd period.

#193 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Gotta love the Flyer strategy when they're losing:

1) Take penalties, throw unnecessary hits, and try to start fights
2) ?????????
3) Win game

How's 0-3 feel? But hey, the strategy will either work, or you'll make a lot of stupid Broad Street Retards fans happy

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#194 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I think Bryz left his brain in space. That Clarkson goal was a laugher. Instead of following the puck he focused on his lost stick and before he knew it the puck was in the back of the net. That's goaltending-101. Don't take your eyes off of the puck! Brainfart Bryzgalov.

What a glorious start to the season. Rags 0-2. Phailures 0-3. Devils 2-0.

#195 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I think Bryz left his brain in space. That Clarkson goal was a laugher. Instead of following the puck he focused on his lost stick and before he knew it the puck was in the back of the net. That's goaltending-101. Don't take your eyes off of the puck! Brainfart Bryzgalov.

What a glorious start to the season. Rags 0-2. Phailures 0-3. Devils 2-0.

That's a pretty tough save. Clarkson just whips it through the crease and it bounces off the defenseman's skate and goes into the far side corner. If it doesn't deflect in off his own player then the puck probably flies out of the zone. I think that shot's going to go by almost every goalie.

Looks like Schenn will be the first player this year to sit down with Shanahan about a questionable hit.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice
Flyers Brayden Schenn has a supplemental discipline hearing today for possibly leaving his feet on hit on Anton Volchenkov in 2nd period.

TG tweeted a link to the hit

Nothing blatantly bad, but he's borderline on leaving his feet, borderline on charging, and borderline head area. It won't surprise me if the league gives him a game as a message, rather than because the hit was actually that bad.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#196 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

That's a pretty tough save. Clarkson just whips it through the crease and it bounces off the defenseman's skate and goes into the far side corner. If it doesn't deflect in off his own player then the puck probably flies out of the zone. I think that shot's going to go by almost every goalie.

IBryz put himself in that position by taking extra time to go fishing for his lost stick. If he keeps his focus on the puck instead of trying to go after his stick he puts himself in a much better position to make the save. I think a lot of the top end goalies, or even more seasoned goalies would have forgotten about the lost stick and kept their eyes on the puck. He just lets up too many of those oddball goals.

#197 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

IBryz put himself in that position by taking extra time to go fishing for his lost stick. If he keeps his focus on the puck instead of trying to go after his stick he puts himself in a much better position to make the save. I think a lot of the top end goalies, or even more seasoned goalies would have forgotten about the lost stick and kept their eyes on the puck. He just lets up too many of those oddball goals.

Even if he was following the puck, what is he suppose to do? I rarely see goalies being able to react quickly enough to a player shooting from behind the net, off the defenseman, and into the far side of the net. The play is over before the goalie has time to react, even when they have their stick.

Goalies get beat on those plays when there are actual shots, it's that much harder when it's a deflection off your teammate and there was no Devil in front of the net to worry about.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#198 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

IBryz

This is one fad I'd REALLY like to see die already! The "Initial of first name, first syllable of last name", I'm-so-hip way of referring to professional athletes and celebrities. JLo...ARod...ScarJo...thank God no one ever called Brodeur MBro, or Kovalchuk IKov, or Clarkson DClark.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 23 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#199 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

It looks like I stand corrected. From my seat it looked like Bryzgalov put himself way out of position by going after his stick but from this photo it looks like his head was at least somewhat focused on the puck. I figured if he at least gave up on the stick he'd be in a better position to have the puck hit him off of the deflection.

Posted Image

This is one fad I'd REALLY like to see die already! The "Initial of first name, first syllable of last name", I'm-so-hip way of referring to professional athletes and celebrities. JLo...ARod...ScarJo...thank God no one ever called Brodeur MBro, or Kovalchuk IKov, or Clarkson DClark.

That was actually a typo on my part. I was going to type something else and didn't delete all of the letters! I agree with your sediment about that fad. :doh1:

#200 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

That was actually a typo on my part. I was going to type something else and didn't delete all of the letters! I agree with your sediment about that fad. :doh1:

Wasn't berating you personally BTW, in case you may have thought otherwise...I just really really REALLY hate that fad! Glad I have company.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users