GDT: Philthadelphia Failures @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

I may have missed it - did anyone here get a chance to see the "new and improved" Devils Den on Tuesday?

I meant to go take a look but spent 45 minutes circling the arena for parking and didnt get the opportunity.

I did right after the game.

The good: More focus on apparel and less on stupid knick-knacks. Even have a small selection of t-shirts and sweaters with the old green, white and red logo as well. Also the place is less cluttered so it is a little easier to make your way around it.

The bad: If you like knick-knacks then the selection is quite limited. Prices are still high (not surprised). Less of a hat selection from what I saw. I believe they are also still using heat-pressed for their customization on their jerseys but cannot 100% confirm this as I did not ask.

I did right after the game.

The good: More focus on apparel and less on stupid knick-knacks. Even have a small selection of t-shirts and sweaters with the old green, white and red logo as well. Also the place is less cluttered so it is a little easier to make your way around it.

The bad: If you like knick-knacks then the selection is quite limited. Prices are still high (not surprised). Less of a hat selection from what I saw. I believe they are also still using heat-pressed for their customization on their jerseys but cannot 100% confirm this as I did not ask.

That's awesome. I avoided it last game but next game I go to I'll check it out. I'd definitely be down for some of the red/green apparel!

Regarding the store, they had a big selection of jerseys, which they never did before. Besides Marty and Kovy (which were the only guys they had before, along with Elias I think), they had Zajac, Henrique, and Salvador (complete with the C). Also, the jerseys were nice- all the letters and numbers were sewn on. Expensive though, $180 a pop.

Did you notice if they had any other player tees besides the usual Kovalchuk and Marty?

I saw they had Larsson t-shirts, along with Henrique. I think they had Clarkson too, but I can't recall. Picked up a Henrique t-shirt for myself.

Did you notice if they had any other player tees besides the usual Kovalchuk and Marty?

I know for sure they had Henrique, but I think I remember seeing Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus too.

For player tee's, the Stadium Shop in Gateway usually has a decent selection as well for cheaper price.

Regarding the store, they had a big selection of jerseys, which they never did before. Besides Marty and Kovy (which were the only guys they had before, along with Elias I think), they had Zajac, Henrique, and Salvador (complete with the C). Also, the jerseys were nice- all the letters and numbers were sewn on. Expensive though, $180 a pop.

I saw they had Larsson t-shirts, along with Henrique. I think they had Clarkson too, but I can't recall. Picked up a Henrique t-shirt for myself.

Oh the jerseys were sewn-on? Not bad. Still not 100% correct font (I am used to the EPS customization) but they still looked pretty damn good to me.

The Premier jersey's heat pressed from NHL.com are about that price so not too bad if they're sewn on.

I know for sure they had Henrique, but I think I remember seeing Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus too.

For player tee's, the Stadium Shop in Gateway usually has a decent selection as well for cheaper price.

Oh the jerseys were sewn-on? Not bad. Still not 100% correct font (I am used to the EPS customization) but they still looked pretty damn good to me.

Trust me, I'm a bit of a jersey snob with font and what not lol. They were nice. I was actually impressed.

Trust me, I'm a bit of a jersey snob with font and what not lol. They were nice. I was actually impressed.

They were nice and the numbers looked perfect and I was pretty impressed. IDK I guess I am just too exacting as the letters are still a tad too skinny.

Still though overall they look great and would have no qualms about putting one on from there.

Anyone else see that ***hole in 215 wearing the Parise Wild jersey?

I was interested all night on seeing what people who only had Parise jerseys did to their jersey. Some just taped over the name, some taped over the name and wrote a new one in magic marker. Saw a Bicek, Muller and even a Zajac homemade frankenjersey lol.

Sh!t. That was a great place. Fvckin' lockout.

And that was my dinner plan for this coming Thursday.

I would blame the lockout, but my experience with the place was that it was always closed when I wanted to go grab something after a game. Even after a weekend afternoon game a few times, I would be excited to try it out after the game ended early evening... CLOSED.

Anyone else see that ***hole in 215 wearing the Parise Wild jersey?

Yeah, they're a bit of an eccentric family; season tickets for the past few years, the whole family goes and takes up the whole row; and I did in fact saw one of the kids with the Wild jersey. Can't fault them for not being committed considering I see them at every game, but one thing I hate is that hey really don't like Kovalchuk, still, and aren't afraid to be loud about it..

Edited by DJ Eco