269 replies to this topic

#241 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've always had good luck down neck. If you've got time to walk, you can usually get parking a couple blocks past Hell's Kitchen, and the neighborhood is a hell of a lot better on that end of the tracks.

That's where I usually park. Granted I usually don't go to more than 10 games a year.

#242 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

believe-zubrus.jpg

#243 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

Sucks but at least you're okay and nothing was stolen. But I warned people not to park on the street when driving to the game especially the further away you are from the arena. I'm surprised you didn't have any issues before on Branford, especially on Branford. There's a meth clinic nearby...

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.

In any urban area, if you park your car on a side street you are risking getting your window smashed. When I lived in Pittsburgh I had plenty of friends get their cars broken into in a nice middle-class neighborhood (Squirrel Hill). In most cities the free parking is likely to be out of high traffic areas. It's a risk you take.

Never leave anything that someone might think has any value visible. Someone could see a bag of dirty laundry and think there's a laptop in there, or an envelope with receipts and think it has cash in it. And as much of a pain as it may be, don't leave any charging cords or GPS mounts visible.

Edited by David Puddy, 24 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Posted Image

#244 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Great Game.
Frank Seravalli, Phila Daily News:

"New Jersey's run to the Stanley Cup finals last spring was so insignificant, so inconsequential for the team that has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Flyers have in 45, that there was never even a mention of the Devil's Eastern Conference championship banner at the home opener. It was simply hanging in the rafters with the rest. Ho-hum."

Like DeBoer said- " There aren't any parades for second place." Unless you are in Philly.

fvckING. CLASSIC.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#245 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

In any urban area, if you park your car on a side street you are risking getting your window smashed. When I lived in Pittsburgh I had plenty of friends get their cars broken into in a nice middle-class neighborhood (Squirrel Hill). In most cities the free parking is likely to be out of high traffic areas. It's a risk you take.

Never leave anything that someone might think has any value visible. Someone could see a bag of dirty laundry and think there's a laptop in there, or an envelope with receipts and think it has cash in it. And as much of a pain as it may be, don't leave any charging cords or GPS mounts visible.

Excellent tips. To add to that, just hiding the devices and cords isn't always enough.Those GPS mounts that use suction cups can leave a nice round mark on the windshield. To a thief, that's just as telling as leaving the GPS itself mounted to your windshield. Wipe it off before leaving your car.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#246 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

man this all sucks so bad. lol i often park my car and i don't even lock the doors and i come back and nothing happened. Gotta love Canada

www.SterioDesign.com

#247 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,723 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

man this all sucks so bad. lol i often park my car and i don't even lock the doors and i come back and nothing happened. Gotta love Canada

That's because would-be Canadian robbers go outside, realize how friggin' cold it is, say "fvck this sh!t!", then run back inside and get under some (stolen) blankets.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#248 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

TG reporting lines a bit different for todays practice.

Tedenby - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Zubrus - Elias - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Barch - Josefson - Matteau

So Barch in/Cam out and Matteau switch sides. Teddy and Zubs switch lines. Just passing along the info and wanted it here for when I do tomorrow's GDT tongith ;)

1dun.jpg

#249 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

My god, that first line is a defensive trainwreck waiting to happen

#250 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I guess DeBoer is really trying to get Tedenby going putting him up there. This is his last chance, no doubt about it.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#251 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Last chance for Teddy? Seems like putting him on the top line with our best guys is a "We're giving you every possible chance to succeed on this level" kind of move.

Edit: MD2020 beat me to it :lol:

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 24 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#252 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I may have missed it - did anyone here get a chance to see the "new and improved" Devils Den on Tuesday?

I meant to go take a look but spent 45 minutes circling the arena for parking and didnt get the opportunity.

#253 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Tedenby's been one of the better guys at creating good offensive chances this year, the Devils as a whole have had trouble creating many so far, it could just be a case of a coach switching things up to try and improve things.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#254 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Also wanted to add that Harrold and Larsson are skating at what would seem to be the "extra" defensive pairing again.

Salvador - Zidlicky and Tallinder - Volchenkov on D pairs now. I'd quote the tweets and link them but I'm at work. Work computer is denied access from social media sites. I'm sure you guys trust me though :P

1dun.jpg

#255 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

I may have missed it - did anyone here get a chance to see the "new and improved" Devils Den on Tuesday?

I meant to go take a look but spent 45 minutes circling the arena for parking and didnt get the opportunity.

I did right after the game.

The good: More focus on apparel and less on stupid knick-knacks. Even have a small selection of t-shirts and sweaters with the old green, white and red logo as well. Also the place is less cluttered so it is a little easier to make your way around it.

The bad: If you like knick-knacks then the selection is quite limited. Prices are still high (not surprised). Less of a hat selection from what I saw. I believe they are also still using heat-pressed for their customization on their jerseys but cannot 100% confirm this as I did not ask.

#256 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I did right after the game.

The good: More focus on apparel and less on stupid knick-knacks. Even have a small selection of t-shirts and sweaters with the old green, white and red logo as well. Also the place is less cluttered so it is a little easier to make your way around it.

The bad: If you like knick-knacks then the selection is quite limited. Prices are still high (not surprised). Less of a hat selection from what I saw. I believe they are also still using heat-pressed for their customization on their jerseys but cannot 100% confirm this as I did not ask.

That's awesome. I avoided it last game but next game I go to I'll check it out. I'd definitely be down for some of the red/green apparel!

1dun.jpg

#257 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

That's awesome. I avoided it last game but next game I go to I'll check it out. I'd definitely be down for some of the red/green apparel!

Yeah its pretty neat but again the key word is small selection lol. It was just a couple of racks.

#258 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Yeah its pretty neat but again the key word is small selection lol. It was just a couple of racks.

Did you notice if they had any other player tees besides the usual Kovalchuk and Marty?

#259 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Regarding the store, they had a big selection of jerseys, which they never did before. Besides Marty and Kovy (which were the only guys they had before, along with Elias I think), they had Zajac, Henrique, and Salvador (complete with the C). Also, the jerseys were nice- all the letters and numbers were sewn on. Expensive though, $180 a pop.

Did you notice if they had any other player tees besides the usual Kovalchuk and Marty?

I saw they had Larsson t-shirts, along with Henrique. I think they had Clarkson too, but I can't recall. Picked up a Henrique t-shirt for myself.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#260 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I know for sure they had Henrique, but I think I remember seeing Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus too.

For player tee's, the Stadium Shop in Gateway usually has a decent selection as well for cheaper price.

Regarding the store, they had a big selection of jerseys, which they never did before. Besides Marty and Kovy (which were the only guys they had before, along with Elias I think), they had Zajac, Henrique, and Salvador (complete with the C). Also, the jerseys were nice- all the letters and numbers were sewn on. Expensive though, $180 a pop.

I saw they had Larsson t-shirts, along with Henrique. I think they had Clarkson too, but I can't recall. Picked up a Henrique t-shirt for myself.

Oh the jerseys were sewn-on? Not bad. Still not 100% correct font (I am used to the EPS customization) but they still looked pretty damn good to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users