189 replies to this topic

#181 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Boston is probably not the team to start him against in 2013, but I really want to see the kid play sooner than later. I his pregame interview it seemed Deboer was trying to light a fire under his @$$, just my read. when do we squeeze him in????

FWIW Hedman started at 19 and at 21 has already CONCUSSED sid the kid! so, way to go victor!

#182 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Boston is probably not the team to start him against in 2013, but I really want to see the kid play sooner than later. I his pregame interview it seemed Deboer was trying to light a fire under his @$$, just my read. when do we squeeze him in????

FWIW Hedman started at 19 and at 21 has already CONCUSSED sid the kid! so, way to go victor!

He will get his time. They won't keep him on the NHL roster just to sit him forever. Either someone gets traded soon or he'll get sent down, otherwise, if not, I'll be pretty lost.

#183 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

As sh!tty as our forward depth is at the moment I wouldn't be opposed to dressing him at wing. We did it with Niedermayer early in his career...

#184 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

As sh!tty as our forward depth is at the moment I wouldn't be opposed to dressing him at wing. We did it with Niedermayer early in his career...

Never thought of this one.....and I like it. No way could he be worse than Jarchssen. His shot would be better than most of our forwards. The risk would be that this move would force him to practice some at the wing thus losing valuable practice time with Stevens as a D-man.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#185 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

If Adam doesn't play the next game (and every frickin' game after that) I'm gonna throw a fit and go yell at something.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#186 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Sterio was right about Subban, lol:

TSN: No celebrating in Habs' dressing room over Subban signing

Veteran rearguard Andrei Markov refused to talk about it, saying "He's not in the room yet, so let's talk about it when he's going to be in the room."

And Josh Gorges, Subban's regular defence partner, steered around questions on how he felt.

Often, when a player signs a contract, there are a flood of congratulatory tweets from teammates, but this time, there were only a couple from players who were not on the team last season.

You know the guy is a cancer when the only people congratulating him are the ones who have yet to meet him in the locker room and everyone else is like "oh, he re-signed? Fuuu... I mean, it's game day, no comments from me, move along". :P

#187 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sterio was right about Subban, lol:

TSN: No celebrating in Habs' dressing room over Subban signing

You know the guy is a cancer when the only people congratulating him are the ones who have yet to meet him in the locker room and everyone else is like "oh, he re-signed? Fuuu... I mean, it's game day, no comments from me, move along". :P

yup i've been saying it for a long time. He can be as good as he wants... Phaneuf wasnt a "bad player" so was Richards and Carter but locker room problems made them leave

www.SterioDesign.com

#188 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Never thought of this one.....and I like it. No way could he be worse than Jarchssen. His shot would be better than most of our forwards. The risk would be that this move would force him to practice some at the wing thus losing valuable practice time with Stevens as a D-man.

I'd try harrold at forward before Larsson, harrold has some quickness

#189 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

This is Larsson's 2nd season and he was a #4 overall pick, and he cannot get on the ice. To me this speaks volumes. if I can get a legit Top Tier defenseman now that has several years left and more assets on top of that, I would consider it.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#190 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

This is Larsson's 2nd season and he was a #4 overall pick, and he cannot get on the ice. To me this speaks volumes. if I can get a legit Top Tier defenseman now that has several years left and more assets on top of that, I would consider it.

NJ's not a typical team w/ a #4 overall pick. It's not like he's got all cruddy players in front of him or anything. Defensemen take a while to develop and he proved (pre-Subban hit) that he can be a really good defenseman eventually. But w/ the 6 guys in front of him who are arguably better right now, I don't see it as an indictment on Larsson
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users