#41 The Beaver

The Beaver

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

"Who's better, Larsson or Hamilton?"

Listening to Pierre tonight you'd think Hamilton is the greatest defensive prospect in NHL history

Edited by The Beaver, 23 January 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#42 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I mean, Hamilton is playing with Chara lol

It's a serious question. It seems like they have the same skill set except that Hamilton is a lot tougher.

"Who's better, Larsson or Hamilton?"

Listening to Pierre tonight you'd think Hamilton is the greatest defensive prospect ever.

During the draft, and in the Flyers series, Pierre was talking about how great Larsson was.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#43 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

It's a serious question. It seems like they have the same skill set except that Hamilton is a lot tougher.

During the draft, and in the Flyers series, Pierre was talking about how great Larsson was.

Pierre likes boys under the age of 21.

To answer your question, it's obviously too early to tell. I think Hamilton has better offensive upside, but Larsson will be the better defender

#44 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

thats why Cammalleri left LA , he wanted too much money and the organization knew they couldnt get a deal done so they traded him.

www.SterioDesign.com

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

To answer your question, it's obviously too early to tell. I think Hamilton has better offensive upside, but Larsson will be the better defender

Larsson just seems to get pushed around a lot, which I don't see that being the case with Hamilton. Yeah, guys like Lidstrom or Borque didn't have to rely on toughness, but Larsson isn't Lidstrom or Borque.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#46 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Well he's not signing for $1.5 million on a short-term deal either.

If you're him, would you want to stay in Montreal where you have a big market, get a lot of attention and the fans are generally on your side as opposed to going to Philly where the fans'll turn at the drop of a hat once you're not earning your money?

Has there even been an offer sheet tendered during the season?

I don't think so, if you consider the season starting day 1 of training camp. Kessel could have been, but they traded him instead.

This is just an odd situation where there's almost a second opening day of FA

#47 The Beaver

The Beaver

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I definitely think it's too early to say on the Hamilton vs Larsson debate

#48 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Larsson just seems to get pushed around a lot, which I don't see that being the case with Hamilton. Yeah, guys like Lidstrom or Borque didn't have to rely on toughness, but Larsson isn't Lidstrom or Borque.

We'll see. People were projecting Larsson as another Lidstrom when we drafted him. I haven't seen it, but he also did a fairly good job as a 19 year old. If he puts it all together and gets a little heavier, he could be special. Then again, he could be another Paul Martin.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#49 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,086 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I don't expect any offer sheets to come PK's way because you can be sure that was a subject discussed among the BoG during the lockout.

But would he rather play in Philly, where the tax rate is certainly lower than Montreal? Yeah, probably.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#50 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

We all saw a glimpse of what Larsson could do in the playoffs in game 2 against the flyers. I want him to do well, but he can't do anything unless he plays. Deboer has to get him in the lineup

#51 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

how about yakopov?
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#52 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

We all saw a glimpse of what Larsson could do in the playoffs in game 2 against the flyers. I want him to do well, but he can't do anything unless he plays. Deboer has to get him in the lineup

I think they have to move a d-man playing now to create a spot for Larsson

#53 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

McKenzies says he thinks the PK situation will endup in a trade

Montreal would probably look for another dman

Edited by SterioDesign, 23 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#54 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think they have to move a d-man playing now to create a spot for Larsson

Yeah, I know, but the way Lou is, this could take a while

Edited by RangersSuck23, 23 January 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#55 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, I know, but the way Lou is, this could take a while

I'm hoping they do it sooner then later. Doing it mid-end of season could really hurt the teams chemistry. I wanna get Larsson in there ASAP.

#56 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm hoping they do it sooner then later. Doing it mid-end of season could really hurt the teams chemistry. I wanna get Larsson in there ASAP.

Agreed agreed

#57 этотсайтебут

этотсайтебут

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

I agree. There is a price for everything I suppose, but I'd rather see this kid develop in NJ. The sky is the limit with him. NJ has always been solid on scouting which leads me to think there is no way they move a 4th overall pick two years after selection. If they do move him, the return had better bring out the "O" face.

Edited by этотсайтебут, 23 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

plus after the other year where they went in the season knowing someone would have to go with a black cloud on them for the whole time and Lou said he learned from it...

same thing now... seems pretty obvious that they will have to trade a dman so...

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

plus after the other year where they went in the season knowing someone would have to go with a black cloud on them for the whole time and Lou said he learned from it...

same thing now... seems pretty obvious that they will have to trade a dman so...

The question is who??
My guess would be Greene? Not sure though

#60 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm sorry, but ,if we were really high on Larsson he would be playing right now whether or not we had to showcase Tally or Volch.

Edited by Beetlebum, 23 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users