356 replies to this topic

#61 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,740 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm sorry, but ,if we were really high on Larsson he would be playing right now whether or not we had to showcase Tally or Volch.

He is 20. The list of 20 year old superstar defensemen is incredibly short. He's an average D right now and so are the guys you talked about.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#62 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I can't believe people are sounding like they've already given up on Larsson.

He's freakin 19 years old. You wonder why he might look physically weaker than other guys out there? It's because he's still a damn kid, he's got so much freakin room to develop and grow.

I'm all for talking the hypotheticals, but come on. Larsson is going to be a fantastic top-4 or top-2 defenseman in this league.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#63 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

He's freakin 19 years old. You wonder why he might look physically weaker than other guys out there? It's because he's still a damn kid, he's got so much freakin room to develop and grow.

I'm all for talking the hypotheticals, but come on. Larsson is going to be a fantastic top-4 or top-2 defenseman in this league.

He hasn't done anything to give me any idea of giving up on him

#64 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,307 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

"Who's better, Larsson or Hamilton?"

Listening to Pierre tonight you'd think Hamilton is the greatest defensive prospect in NHL history

Every rookie or young player is a future Hall of Famer if you listen to Pierre. He's a moron.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#65 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

The problem with this is, by the time he develops, his RFA years are running out. And now you can't even lock these guys down anymore. So if I could trade him for a top defenseman who has mostly developed, and sign that guy to a long term deal + get a good draft pick out of it..... why wouldn't I do that?

I can have PK Subban (in theory) for 8 years. Right now, I have Larsson for 5 years after this one.

#66 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well if we got a 1st too and the Habs aren't very good so it might become 1st overall

#67 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Subban is not even listening to Meehan, he suggested him to take a 2 years deal offered by MTL and subban refused... I mean... Who do he think he is ?

When he left last year too apparently he told his teamates that hed be back with doughty's contract

www.SterioDesign.com

#68 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Every rookie or young player is a future Hall of Famer if you listen to Pierre. He's a moron.

Except Cary Price.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#69 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

WTF -- FOUR pages? :argh:

Am I the only one here who sometimes just feel some threads dont need to be dignified with a response?

And seriously -- responding to "If we're so high on larsson why aren't we playing him?" SERiOUSLY???? That merrits response on any level beyond a chuckle - at BEST a derisive chuckle?

oh crap -- it's freaking 11 --- why am I not sleeping. $&*()@$^&*()#&@*_&$*()@....

I'm here for the party

#70 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Haha you guys cray! :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#71 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

WTF -- FOUR pages? :argh:

Am I the only one here who sometimes just feel some threads dont need to be dignified with a response?

And seriously -- responding to "If we're so high on larsson why aren't we playing him?" SERiOUSLY???? That merrits response on any level beyond a chuckle - at BEST a derisive chuckle?

oh crap -- it's freaking 11 --- why am I not sleeping. $&*()@$^&*()#&@*_&$*()@....

Speak of the Devil and she appears!

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#72 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Subban is not even listening to Meehan, he suggested him to take a 2 years deal offered by MTL and subban refused... I mean... Who do he think he is ?

Someone who wants a long term deal?
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#73 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,740 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

When he left last year too apparently he told his teamates that hed be back with doughty's contract

If Meehan is leaking this publicly, it's a way of requesting a trade without actually coming out and requesting one, or perhaps inviting offer sheets.

#74 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,740 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

The problem with this is, by the time he develops, his RFA years are running out. And now you can't even lock these guys down anymore. So if I could trade him for a top defenseman who has mostly developed, and sign that guy to a long term deal + get a good draft pick out of it..... why wouldn't I do that?

I can have PK Subban (in theory) for 8 years. Right now, I have Larsson for 5 years after this one.

Well that's a bit of a false equivalency - if you get Subban for 8 years, you're going to have to do it very expensively to buy out those UFA years now. There's no reason why you can't have Larsson for 10 more years under that logic. And Lou's last long-term contracts to guys off ELCs either included a UFA year (zajac) or stopped before the guy was UFA (parise).

#75 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Please turn in your membership card now...

Larsson is 20 and going to be a top 2 dman. </discussion>

Edited by devlman, 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#76 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Wow. That's all I have to say about this thread.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#77 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Well that's a bit of a false equivalency - if you get Subban for 8 years, you're going to have to do it very expensively to buy out those UFA years now. There's no reason why you can't have Larsson for 10 more years under that logic. And Lou's last long-term contracts to guys off ELCs either included a UFA year (zajac) or stopped before the guy was UFA (parise).

Expensively to a point, I can't go more than 50% above the low, it would keep the average down. If I started him at a $4M year (just an example), he can't have more than a $6M year in there.

Of course this may be the problem in signing him to a long-term deal.

#78 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I really don't get all the love for Ada, especially with his limited wwork in the league. Will the kid be great is a tough question. Anyone that knows anything about that position, knows it is a tough one that often don't find guys "getting it" until their mid to late 20's. If you look at Victor Hedman, you can see that is a decent defensemen and he is only 2, so it's hard to say how good he is even gonna be. The problem is once these guys start to bloom, it comes down to where they in their contracts, we know where loyalty ranks among today's players. A problem I see with Adam is that he isn't a strong natural skater. Time will tell in his overall development, but if they can move him for top 6 goal scorer I would have no problem doing so. In the hypothetical of a PK swap, any GM makes that move, hell you could move hime again for a nice return.

#79 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

His skating would be a problem if his passing wasn't so good.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#80 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users