72 replies to this topic

#41 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I thought it was just myself and two of my friends that had such hatred for this merciless commercial. It's good to know that there are others out there who struggle from this as well.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#42 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Not for nothing, at least the girl in the Hyundai commercial could get it.

Wait, you're saying the rock climbing girl couldn't?

1dun.jpg

#43 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I thought it was just myself and two of my friends that had such hatred for this merciless commercial. It's good to know that there are others out there who struggle from this as well.

I also hate with a passion the Chase Sapphire commercials like the one where the woman used the points to buy a dress.
Posted Image

#44 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Eddie Money sounds like he's trying to an Ozzy impression in that Geico commercial. I have to admit, though, it gets more amusing the more I see it.

Gallagher's had a really rough go of it in recent years, so to see him look like he's having the time of his life when he's invading the farmers' market brings a huge smile to my face.

The thing I hate most about Pomplamousse is that the girl always looks like she'd rather be anywhere else, doing anything other than singing at that moment. At least she appears to be enjoying herself in the Hyundai commercials.

Oh, and...

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#45 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

That Geico commercial with the pig on the plane is stress-inducing as well.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#46 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I don't even remember who the commercial is for but I like the one where the dude drops the air conditioner on the car from the 2nd or 3rd floor.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#47 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Back from the mothafckn dead. Christ help us

LMAO! I should of never shown my wife this thread...she just started singing that Fn song....

Shudup!! Shudup!! Shudup!!

I hate that bastard pig on the plane too! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#48 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I saw this commercial last night and lunged for the remote as soon as I saw that broad at the store counter and my gf looked at me like I was crazy.

#49 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Funny story....maybe slightly unbelievable.

I work at a place where random musicians come in sometimes to do showcases/performances.

I'm on the other side of the floor in a room with the door closed and i hear some band playing.... wouldn't you know it... "Somebody left the gate opennnn." My co-workers didn't know what the hell was wrong with me the way i reacted to hearing the song.... the band was there, in my office, playing that song.
Posted Image

#50 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Funny story....maybe slightly unbelievable.

I work at a place where random musicians come in sometimes to do showcases/performances.

I'm on the other side of the floor in a room with the door closed and i hear some band playing.... wouldn't you know it... "Somebody left the gate opennnn." My co-workers didn't know what the hell was wrong with me the way i reacted to hearing the song.... the band was there, in my office, playing that song.

That's both really funny and really terrifying. You should have used the opportunity to end the song once and for all.

#51 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

That Hyundai commercial girls band was a 1000000x more annoying then this song. I've seen this commercial a few times and I never even noticed this song. That Hyundai band was way more in your face annoying.

#52 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

great... now every time i come to the forum, i see this thread, and that damn song plays in my head...

:argh: :argh: :argh:
POTATO!!!

#53 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

OMG, the "All the stress this Holiday, I'm glad I bought a Hyundai" must be the most irritating thing ever, that line alone makes me wanna bite my hand off. Cheesy as hell. Thanks a lot for reminding me about it. :P

I gotta admit, the "somebody left the gate open one" hadn't bothered me up to this pont (maybe because I don't watch American networks other than during Devils telecasts, so I would only see it every now and then), but now that I've heard it several times reading this thread and saw a portion of the music video for the song... I can definitely see your pain.

Oh, btw... SUFFER! :burn:

Edited by Revan, 26 January 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#54 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just heard it a few mins ago on the Today Show, lol. Suffering isn't even the word to describe my pain.

#55 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

the music video to this crappy song,

#56 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Not sure if this is a local thing but oh god is this commercial annoying. And there's like THREE installations of them.

Those Kayak commercials are funny though, with the guy doing brain surgery
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#57 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Oh, also those Ford commercials with that song by Train where it goes "...this is not a drive-by ah ah ah ahhh!" FVCKIN BRUTAL. HATE. :argh:

#58 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtWInxI1pg
the music video to this crappy song,

I'm genuinely shocked by the amount of likes and positives comments this piece of sh!t has.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#59 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

oh its wide open.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#60 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

My friend saw this commercial the other day for the first time, and he's a big climber/climbing fan and recognized the woman, who is apparently a famous/accomplished climber.

I, a climber myself, had to explain why i hate it in spite of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users