57 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Congrats Manta...not only Flacco nab a ring, he didn't do it as a result of his team propping him up. 11 TDs and 0 INTs? That's great stuff, even in this era.

Big big money awaits him...

Thanks CR, watching Flacco after the game, he is going to make the owner pay for not signing him early. I only fear that we lose Ed Reed because of cap space. Flacco tied Brady and Montana on some records last night. Not bad company.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanks CR, watching Flacco after the game, he is going to make the owner pay for not signing him early. I only fear that we lose Ed Reed because of cap space. Flacco tied Brady and Montana on some records last night. Not bad company.

. Congrats Manta, that was a well deserved championship for your squad. Beating Brady and Manning on the road and then beating the best team in the NFC is no easy feat. I just hope Ed Reed doesn't go to New England, but if he does leave Baltimore, I'd bet money he winds up there. Blech.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

. Congrats Manta, that was a well deserved championship for your squad. Beating Brady and Manning on the road and then beating the best team in the NFC is no easy feat. I just hope Ed Reed doesn't go to New England, but if he does leave Baltimore, I'd bet money he winds up there. Blech.

Thanks MadDog, I am very worried that New England goes after Reed if we dont' give him a long term deal within $$$ reason.
I know Belichek is in LOVE with Ed Reed. If Flacco breaks the bank I think he is gone.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

To all the people that say their should've been a holding call on that 4th down throw...the 9ers got away with A TON of holding on their last drive...especially on Kaepernick runs around edge. Lots of instances where the blocker did not release in time and holding should've been called. Cost the Ravens 10-20 yard chunks

That throw to the endzone was magnified 100 times more than any of those end-around runs from earlier in the drive. Still, I thought it was a good no-call by the refs. But I also thought if Crabtree had really tried to sell it, he might've gotten the call.

Of course, that's easy for me to say from the comfort of my living room couch, haha.

How about the game Jacoby Jones had. He set the Super Bowl record for combined yardage. He could've been named MVP. Desmond Howard won the award with less yards and less TDs!

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks MadDog, I am very worried that New England goes after Reed if we dont' give him a long term deal within $$$ reason.
I know Belichek is in LOVE with Ed Reed. If Flacco breaks the bank I think he is gone.

. Is he looking for a long term deal though? I thought he was contemplating retirement. I know he said he'd definitely play next year, but I didn't hear him indicate anything beyond that. And Reed seems like the kind of guy that isn't all about the money. I could see him wanting to be a one team guy like his boy Ray Lewis.

#46 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Congrats Manta...and to Jersey Joe Flacco...becoming the 2nd NJ born QB to win a Super Bowl...Trivia: Who was the other?

I hope the Bills can give me that 1 moment someday...enjoy it Manta!

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

. Is he looking for a long term deal though? I thought he was contemplating retirement. I know he said he'd definitely play next year, but I didn't hear him indicate anything beyond that. And Reed seems like the kind of guy that isn't all about the money. I could see him wanting to be a one team guy like his boy Ray Lewis.

If the Pats sign Reed, it is not going to solve their problems. For one, Reed is not a kid...who knows how much longer he's Ed Reed? Second, the Pats can bring in all of the defensive talent they want, but as long as BB is calling the shots as far as scheming goes, it won't make a difference...his Ds don't get it done in big games anymore. The Pats also have to figure out why their O continues to get shut down in big games as well as of late.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Congrats Manta...and to Jersey Joe Flacco...becoming the 2nd NJ born QB to win a Super Bowl...Trivia: Who was the other?

I hope the Bills can give me that 1 moment someday...enjoy it Manta!

Thanks Clown! I will enjoy and actually be humbled by it..
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

He was going to retire, but then he started having fun again as the team turned the corner and became a power again.
He has held out twice before, If it is a one year deal, we might be fine. But this offseason he was talking about playing elsewhere in 2013 but that could have changed with a Superbowl ring. He is a team guy, but he also wants to be paid like a hall of famer and feels his current salary doesn''t show him the proper respect he deserves.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Jim McMahon

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

He was going to retire, but then he started having fun again as the team turned the corner and became a power again.
He has held out twice before, If it is a one year deal, we might be fine. But this offseason he was talking about playing elsewhere in 2013 but that could have changed with a Superbowl ring. He is a team guy, but he also wants to be paid like a hall of famer and feels his current salary doesn''t show him the proper respect he deserves.

. If he signs for more than two years for big dollars, it will be with the Patriots. I have no doubt about that. Belichick loves him, and he loves Belichick. I could see that happening very easily. If he signs for one or two years, it'll be with the Ravens. I'm not as sure about that, but if I had to guess, that's what I think would happen. I know he's not the Ed Reed of old, but there's still something in the tank. I would still have a healthy fear of having to face Reed twice a year on a team with Tom Brady as the QB, so I hope he stays in Baltimore.

#52 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

. . I would still have a healthy fear of having to face Reed twice a year on a team with Tom Brady as the QB, so I hope he stays in Baltimore.

Me too.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,222 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Why do people assume Reed's going to New England? Because Billy Boy called him the best safety of all time and has a penchant for signing older vets?

The irony about Ed Reed is I was floored a couple weeks ago to hear he hadn't won a Super Bowl ring yet. He's been around so long I just sorta assumed he was on the 'best defense of all time' in 2000, but it turned out he came the year after.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#54 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Jim McMahon

Seriously?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#55 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Seriously?

Edited by eaglejelly, 05 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I didn't know Mac was from Jersey.   Where abouts?

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I didn't know Mac was from Jersey.   Where abouts?

I didn't know that either. According to Wikipedia, he was born in Jersey City, N.J., and moved to San Jose, Calif., when he was 3.

I was watching a replay yesterday of the intentional safety at the end of the game. Holy crap, the Ravens got away with a lot of holding on that play. Not that it would've mattered had a penalty been called. Supposedly, it would've been ruled a safety anyway, and the Niners wouldn't have gotten any time put back on the clock -- at least that's what Mike Francesa says. If anyone trusts him, haha. So if John Harbaugh instructed his team to hold as much as they could on that play, smart move on his part. They had nothing to lose!

Edited by 95Crash, 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#58 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Double post

Edited by 95Crash, 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users