Photo

Does Matteau stay?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Matteau stay past game 5> (83 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think?

1. Yes, he stays. (21 votes [25.30%])

Percentage of vote: 25.30%

2. Sent down. (62 votes [74.70%])

Percentage of vote: 74.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Would he go to Albany or back to junior? I would assume junior, no. Not sure if he plays in Albany if that saves the elc year. I mean, it would've with josefson but he wasn't in junior to begin with. Don't know if the rules are different for juniors as opposed to foreign players.

I think he goes down. I'm not gonna take anything from his playing time yesterday. That game was half special teams which he's not going to play. I have also co e around to not caring so much about his elc because he doesn't seem to have the skill set that will command a lot of money anyway.
he hasn't seemed out of place and I would sooner see tedenby go for henrique than Mateau all things being equal. But really, the devils should be looking to upgrade both tedenby and matteau

. To answer your question, yeah he'd go back to junior, not Albany.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

He's eligible to go to Albany (I think - I don't know how it works assigning junior players to Albany mid-season) but I don't see the wisdom of sending him there.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I have a gut feeling that Matteau will score his first goal in his hometown on a 2 on 1 with Kovy just like how Henrique got his first one.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#24 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

There is no reason to keep this kid on the team. He's not going to help them this year. Send him back to juniors and save his entry level years for when his ready to contribute to the team.

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I can't imagine anyway he is staying with the team beyond 5 games. Promising player but he is better served getting more time to develop in the Q. I'm not even concerned about the ELC since I doubt he'll end up getting huge raises in RFA. It's more about letting him grow more as a player.

Matteau had 2 shifts in the 3rd for 1:31 of ice time. Played a total of 9:32 tonight.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just a thought: weird situation tonight, Matteau playing on a first line after not making the world junior team while Galchenyuk was arguably the best player for team USA and they're in the same position in the NHL.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#27 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

He is just not ready so why push him, his 18. They pushed Teddy and I do not see him turning that corner to a NHL player. Don't do the same to Matteau!

#28 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I look forward to seeing what our lineup will be minus Tedenby and Matteau, plus Henrique and Darche. Matteau has promise, but now just isn't his time.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#29 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

He is just not ready so why push him, his 18. They pushed Teddy and I do not see him turning that corner to a NHL player. Don't do the same to Matteau!

Teddy waited a year before coming over. Though in hindsight that was probably too soon anyways.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#30 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,815 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I look forward to seeing what our lineup will be minus Tedenby and Matteau, plus Henrique and Darche. Matteau has promise, but now just isn't his time.

Yep, it's time for Tedenby to go as well. It's a contact league and he gets thrown around like a rag doll out there.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

I say keepo Matteau, and Either Play Larsson or send him down, he will not improve if he's in street cloths during every game...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#32 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm so torn on this.. I think Matteau could stay and be a decent regular for us, but I also feel like his overall production and contribution won't justify him losing a full year of eligibility down the road.. Then again, if we lose him then who replaces him? Not sure we have the F depth, so sending him back to juniors could seal this team's fate for this year

Thank god I'm not Lou here
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Harri Pesonen? Matteau is getting 10 minutes a game of ice time and hasn't really been that good, I don't think replacing him should be hard.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#34 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Harri Pesonen? Matteau is getting 10 minutes a game of ice time and hasn't really been that good, I don't think replacing him should be hard.

Bingo. No reason to keep him around. He's not doing anything that can't be replaced very easily. Outside of a couple of shots he really hasn't added much and it's not worth wasting a year of his ELC to keep him around.

believe-devs.jpg

#35 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Shame he didn't score on that power move yesterday. Almost!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users