57 replies to this topic

#21 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

He's standing in the defensive zone and blocking shots? :lol: Panic move.

#22 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

When I was younger our family had a horse, Ed, he was fun to ride. He was already old when I was young so when I hit my early teens the family decided to stop riding him and let him enjoy the pasture to eat and run as he pleased. I wasn't mad that I couldn't ride him anymore I was happy he got the bounty of the pasture and sun before he passed away at 30 something years old.

That is kind of how I feel about old Devils players who go to the Rangers, they got a healthy paycheck before being put out to the pasture of life.

#23 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

It's like they figure, "Well if we can't win anything, we might as well make it harder for Devils fans to like their former players."
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#24 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

I guess Arnott is going to box out in front of the net, defensively. Some guys wearing blue are regressing to the mean.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

It's a shame we traded him for Steckel. Having him in NJ last year would've been cool...Elias, Arnott, and Sykora back in NJ and in the Cup Finals again together.

Good signing for the Rangers.

Yeah, right, I'm sure the Devils would've made the Finals with Arnott.

And agree with others here, Arnott is just about at the end. Who gives a sh!t if he's a Ranger now? His best days are the smallest of specks in the rearview mirror. His impact on the Rangers will be minimal. It's not a good or bad signing...it's a "there" signing.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, right, I'm sure the Devils would've made the Finals with Arnott.

And agree with others here, Arnott is just about at the end. Who gives a sh!t if he's a Ranger now? His best days are the smallest of specks in the rearview mirror. His impact on the Rangers will be minimal. It's not a good or bad signing...it's a "there" signing.

It's a Rangers need bodies signing. What's he supposed to turn down the $ to play on a (supposedly) good team?
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's a Rangers need bodies signing. What's he supposed to turn down the $ to play on a (supposedly) good team?

Where did I say he should turn it down?
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Where did I say he should turn it down?

Oh I'm agreeing with you, sorry for my weird wording :P I just don't blame him for going is all good for him :cheers:
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,383 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ahh, The Rangers. Where hokcey players go to end their careers.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Sucks to have to see him in a Rags jersey...

Arnie is one of my all time favorite Devils

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#31 dmitri

dmitri

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

It is but I don't think I could ever boo Arnott.

Agreed.
The Official Keeper of the Devils Anthem: <a href="http://www.songfacts...=1456&">Runnin' with the Devil by Van Halen</a>

#32 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Eh, we didn't want him, neither did a lot of teams. I obviously don't want to see the Rags win, but if he puts in some goals and works well with their younger players, more power to him, and good for them. I can't fault them if it was a smart signing, and I can't bring myself to root against him.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#33 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

itll be weird cuz now hes on the other side of a heated rivalry. but hes slow as sh!t. hes really just there to win faceoffs, create space and provide leadership (block shots with his big body)

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#34 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Get Neal Broten out of retirement and the Rag$ would have all 3 guys who have scored game winners in a Stanley cup Final for the Devils.

I absolutely HATE this that he is wearing a Rangers jersey, but I could never boo him, unless he goons it up like Rupp, which I don't see happening.
Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Not sure why anyone would boo Arnott for signing with the Rangers. For one, the Devils did trade him, twice. For another, he's probably not in much of a position to pick and choose who he signs with. He's declined pretty significantly from what he was.

I think you could probably boo him for the semi-hearted effort he gave during his second tour of duty here, but I won't. I have good memories overall of Arnott from his first stretch here, and I'll hang onto those.

#30 FOREVER!

#36 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Athletes have shorter careers than "regular" professions, so I can see them stretching it out as long as someone pays them. Signing a washed up player for 1.6 mil shows how much money is thrown around in pro sports, thanks to people like us that buy tickets and jerseys and TV sports packages etc.
From a Devil fan's perspective it just tarnishes the memory of a player when he puts on a rag jersey, like Bruce Driver, and Johnny Mac and others, but Arnott's worn so many jerseys in his career its not a big deal.

Edited by hargsy, 27 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

The only question: will Gomez tell him where to get the best Barnes and Noble coffee in the city

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#38 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Athletes have shorter careers than "regular" professions, so I can see them stretching it out as long as someone pays them. Signing a washed up player for 1.6 mil shows how much money is thrown around in pro sports, thanks to people like us that buy tickets and jerseys and TV sports packages etc.

Good point about the money that gets thrown around. It makes you realize how ridiculous the long lockout was.

#39 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Good point about the money that gets thrown around. It makes you realize how ridiculous the long lockout was.

Another good point

#40 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

NO ARNOTT TO NY AFTER ALL

45]
Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#NYR Tentative one-year deal between Rangers and Jason Arnott is OFF, source tells ESPN NY. Was not cleared by NYR team doctors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users