#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

:rofl:

Do feel a 'little' bad for Jason but if he can't pass a physical, he's not going to play anywhere. It also explains why there was no market for him before.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

It might be over for him. 938 pts in 1244 GP, some tough moments and some great ones. Very good career overall.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Wonder what the issue is with him physically

#44 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, he didn't pass his physical

#45 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Wait, not passing a physical, is that different than a civilian physical, like is it a conditioning issue? A health issue? A drug thing?
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#46 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,018 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Wait, not passing a physical, is that different than a civilian physical, like is it a conditioning issue? A health issue? A drug thing?

I'm fairly certain that professional athlete physicals involve everything from medical records and current testing (x-rays, mri's, etc.) to specefic physical tests.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#47 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

<grcenter47> what are the requirements to pass a physical? like bodyfat?...etc
<EdgeControl> he had no heart
<~Devilminder> lol
<Carp> A heart beat

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,928 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Sucks for Arnie. At least we don't have to see him in a Rags jersey now though.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#49 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,901 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Not to worry, the Rangers are set to sign Jason Bonsigniore to boost their forward depth.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#50 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

They can sign ex-rags Sykora

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#51 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Sad way to end a very solid career.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#52 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Wonder what the issue is with him physically

He had knee surgery in the off season I think.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#53 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

However much it may have sucked to see him in a Rags uni, it sucks a lot worse for him to fail a physical. It'd be a shame if this is the way his career ends.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#54 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I feel bad for Arnott... last thing you want as a professional athlete is to be told you aren't fit to play; and therefore can't.

I also don't see Arnott as a Devils product. He won the cup with us, yes... but he also was with the Oilers, Dallas and Nashville for a fair amount of time.
His early years with Oilers were pretty strong and one of the few picks Sather got right. It could have been seen as throwing a bone to someone from the past.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#55 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Jason had some conditioning problems while he was playing for us (the first time around)
I think its time for him to sit back and watch hockey with some quality beer and pizza and chicken wings.

#56 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

I feel bad for Arnott... last thing you want as a professional athlete is to be told you aren't fit to play; and therefore can't.

I also don't see Arnott as a Devils product. He won the cup with us, yes... but he also was with the Oilers, Dallas and Nashville for a fair amount of time.
His early years with Oilers were pretty strong and one of the few picks Sather got right. It could have been seen as throwing a bone to someone from the past.

His career was just about to fall apart when he got here...he had been heavily criticized in Edmonton, and coming to the Devils didn't right him instantly. For both teams combined in '97-'98, he had a combined 10 goals and 23 assists, and the splits were about the same for both teams. That deal looked like it could be a disaster initially.

The Devils were the team that got him righted, and made him a better and more complete player. That carried on through the rest of his career. So even though yes, he did play for other teams, and put up some nice offensive numbers for them, I think of him as a Devil first and foremost.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#57 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I know he's not the most reliable according to some people...but...

#BREAKINGNEWS#STLBlues &Arnott have reached 1yr deal in principle, pending physical. The veteran forward joined the team on the ice today.

Sources in STL told me Arnott will join the practices and is expected to make debut for #STLBlues March 9th vs #SJSharks if all goes right.

Hope he gets his chance to play again!

I know he's not the most reliable according to some people...but...

Hope he gets his chance to play again!

Also, someone may want to change the title of the thread...I didn't wanna make a new thread when we had this one already.

1dun.jpg

#58 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

When I was younger our family had a horse, Ed, he was fun to ride. He was already old when I was young so when I hit my early teens the family decided to stop riding him and let him enjoy the pasture to eat and run as he pleased. I wasn't mad that I couldn't ride him anymore I was happy he got the bounty of the pasture and sun before he passed away at 30 something years old.

That is kind of how I feel about old Devils players who go to the Rangers, they got a healthy paycheck before being put out to the pasture of life.

This is the funniest thing I have read in a looooooong time! Thank you.

I feel bad about Arnie not passing his physical tho. Not because he doesn't get to play for the Rags but because this is a strong indicator as to why he has been slowing down so much over the past few years (I think one person said skating like molasses) and it likely indicates the end of the road. Whatever happens I wish him well.

Edited by AEWHistory, 05 March 2013 - 03:00 PM.

Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users