#201 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Good luck this week, Sterio.

lol meh it sucks but i simply have to send a few facts and stats their way and they have nothing to add other than dumb comments.

www.SterioDesign.com

#202 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Time for Larsson

#203 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

lol meh it sucks but i simply have to send a few facts and stats their way and they have nothing to add other than dumb comments.

1993!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#204 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

What a weak call. Oh well, happy to get the point.

It seems like DeBoer just forgot everything that worked last year. Our top 9... :doh1:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#205 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

What a weak call. Oh well, happy to get the point.

It seems like DeBoer just forgot everything that worked last year. Our top 9... :doh1:

Maybe he just doesn't have the players in the Top 9 w/o poni, Henrique and that other guy. I'm sure he didn't forget. And when you've got dead weight like Tedenby and an 18 year old switching off on the first line, there's only so much he can do
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#206 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

God, and Sykora is still unsigned by anyone. Can't the Rangers sign him to stop us from possibly doing so?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#207 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Maybe he just doesn't have the players in the Top 9 w/o poni, Henrique and that other guy. I'm sure he didn't forget. And when you've got dead weight like Tedenby and an 18 year old switching off on the first line, there's only so much he can do

Yeah, I know. It has more to do with LL and the roster PDBs been given. At this point I'd rather see Zalewski, Darche (sign him darnit) and Harrold dress as forwards than The Goon, Tedenby and Matteau (when he's sent down).

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#208 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

im absolutely not all doom and gloom right now. But after tonight watching how slow our D was and how we struggle to get offence or anything. It's still early but we simply CANT afford to keep 8 dmen and sit 2 each game. Especially not 2 with way fresher legs than anyone else on D.

It's simple one loss in OT im not panicking but we need to address a few problem and fast. A bad streak this year and its over.

I really hope Lou trades a d-man for a top 6 or even 9 forward for two reasons. 1) They need the help desperately up front. 2) Larsson should be playing regularly and the team could really use his excellent vision, especially with his ability to make the long pass out of the zone to start a rush.

God, and Sykora is still unsigned by anyone. Can't the Rangers sign him to stop us from possibly doing so?

I know Sykora was garbage by the end of last year and they were better off without him in the playoffs but I still maintain its not that crazy to think he could provide 15-20 solid games out of the 44 remaining. I doubt it will cost that much and when he tires down again they can go back to scratching him, hopefully having made another move by then. He did have a few decent scoring streaks last year: 2 games 3 times, 3 games 3 times, and 4 games 2 times. Can it be that much worse than Tedenby?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#209 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

It was a soft, bad call. But to be honest, after the way we played in the first, I'll take the point.

And I wouldn't mind if we signed Sykora. He won't cost very much. IMHO the SC finals would have been a bit different if he was in the lineup.
Posted Image Posted Image

#210 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

You guys think this will give Larsson a shot to play?

#211 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Cam Janssen was just offensively awesome last night. His fights were fun to watch also.

#212 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Tedenby needs to go away. He's rail thin, weak, and has what 1 goal in his past 50 something games? Darche needs to come up. At 6'1 215 I'd imagine he play a much tougher game and is better along the boards.

It's becoming clear Lou will make a Grant Marshall type pickup at the deadline...Brenden Morrow perhaps
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#213 shornick

shornick

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Another really loose and sloppy game but thankfully got one point out of it. I don't understand how this team can come out so flat each game. The majority of them have been playing together a good while now and know what it's all about. Another thank Marty night.
Tedenby looked like he might as well go back to the minors. I like a lot of what he can do but if they don't trust him on the top few lines he can't be out there with Janssen. He gets crushed playing against the big boys and if he makes a play who can he pass to who knows what to do. Janssen is good for the physical games but wasn't really needed last night.
I don't think Greene deserved a penalty at the end, he was getting beat to the outside very similar to Kovy earlier but Kovy earned his two where Cole dove. Still would rather see someone in his spot. This d team looks like they don't know each other at times. Kinda scary but then followed by strong play. Hopefully as the season goes along they get it back to what they're capable. Matteau is fun to watch for the future but let him learn some more back with his club before pushing him too fast. Good potential but why ruin it. Darche will take his place and Henrique can rid us of Tedenby. Hopefully a trade for a winger who can score, cannot rely only on Elias, Kovy and Clarkson.

#214 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

sign sykora Larsson came in trade a D a henrique comeback

Try JJ on with kovy and Zajac could pay off too

Edited by caron14, 28 January 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#215 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

sign sykora Larsson came in trade a D a henrique comeback

Try JJ on with kovy and Zajac could pay off too

Apologize for no link, I'm at work and can only access twitter on my phone, I'm sure someone can find the quote and link it for me.

Jesse Spector on twitter retweeted a Syzmon Szemberg @Sz1909_Szemberg "Two-time Stanley Cup champ Petr Sykora, 36, has signed with Swiss SC Bern. Czech mate Petr Sykora, 34, already plays for rival HC Davos"

So no Sykora.

Happy we got a point tonight, I was screaming at my TV all night while watching the game on DVR about how much the team looked like sh!t. I'm hoping we have a much better game against Boston.

With that said. My GDT steak ends at 3-0-1. Now it's someone elses turn to take the reigns, I'm sure I'll get the chance to make a few more later in the season. I look forward to seeing how others create GDT's!

1dun.jpg

#216 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well Coorslight you had a great run for the GDT you did a good job and hopefully you'll never make another one this season... means we'll go on a 44 games winning streak lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#217 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well Coorslight you had a great run for the GDT you did a good job and hopefully you'll never make another one this season... means we'll go on a 44 games winning streak lol

I will surely be more then happy to never make one again if that was the cause, but thank you!

It'll be nice to see how some others do their GDT's. I like seeing different ideas...I know my GDT making has come a long way from what it was when I first started. I don't post on HF but I like to peruse some of the GDT makers over there...some of the graphics they create are amazing. I may actually work on creating a default "Devils Lines" graphic that I can easily adjust if lines change.

We'll see, gotta get more ideas first.

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users