Photo

*** Which Chat sofware do you prefer? ***

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Which chat do you prefer (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Chat software you prefer?

1. I want the old one that was used during the playoff run. (12 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. I like the current IRC based one. (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

We had a running debate tonight about the chat program. So I am putting it to an official poll, Sundstrom offered to cover the cost of the old one but he didn't want to rock the boat.

Main issues seems to be many can't access the new version via apple products and it is also not as efficient in entering to chat.

#2 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Um, er, I appreciate whatever chat there is. I liked last years's chat. I played around a bit with the current software and it was vanilla. I don't care about the bells and whistles of software. I will use whatever is there. Now I didn't really answer the question did I? lol

Is the old software expensive?
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Its paid per 6 month cycles and is not expensive.

#4 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Okay, thnx. Was curious. I would have found a few bucks if you needed it. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#5 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I like the IRC one better since it works nicely with my IRC app on android and I don't have scrolling issues like with the one from last season. From a usability perspective the old one is much better. IRC isn't as easy to join up.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#6 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I wasn't doing chat during the playoffs but the one used now seems cool to me

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#7 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hmm, seems pretty lopsided already. I will keep this up for a bit.

#8 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

We had a running debate tonight about the chat program. So I am putting it to an official poll, Sundstrom offered to cover the cost of the old one but he didn't want to rock the boat.

Main issues seems to be many can't access the new version via apple products and it is also not as efficient in entering to chat.

I think I may have only used the old chat once or twice so I don't really remember it too well. I used the new one a couple games ago and it seemed fairly easy to get in and also worked well. The real issue is to how many prefer to use an apple based product while chatting during the game.

I have my laptop in front of me, which I assume most people utilize to chat. I could see how using an iPad would be much more comfortable if chilling on the couch, but I'm doing more things on my computer in between action then just chatting so it wouldn't work for me anyway.

PK style rant aside, I'm good with either, so this post was about as helpful as a pair of DD's on a fish.

Edited by Coorslight, 28 January 2013 - 12:34 PM.

1dun.jpg

#9 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Personally I'd say the chat through this website. Just easier to get there for me

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#10 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Old, but I will miss being able to curse like a sailor :(

#11 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't really have an opinion as I rarely pop in to the chat room, but I had a look around the iTunes App Store and there are a few IRC apps out there, both free and paid.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users