ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

He is officially a bust

Good luck in the A Teddy

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

So I'm assuming either Henrique is ready to play, or Butler is getting the call. Anyone know?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I'm assuming either Henrique is ready to play, or Butler is getting the call. Anyone know?

Henrique is not ready for Tue night...but he's getting close. They will call up a player on Tues.(dont know who)

#24 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

i hope butler is ready.... or i hope JJ will get a shot on the first line

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I kinda felt bad for Teddy at first, but it's pretty evident he just doesn't have the hockey sense to stick with the big team. He's weak on the boards, bad in the defensive end, and just gets pushed off the puck.

He should honestly watch what the Gionta's do. Somehow Stephen is out there every shift pushing people around on the forecheck and establishing himself in front of the net. I know Ted would be more of a finesse player, but man is he soft right now.

Hate to use the word "bust" but...it's just about time I'd say.

Lou should've shipped him out for something about 2 years ago. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20

Edited by Devilsfan118, 28 January 2013 - 01:36 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

<br /><br />Henrique is not ready for Tue night...but he&#39;s getting close. They will call up a player on Tues.(dont know who)

. Common sense tells me Butler... Lou&#39;s track record tells me Sestito lol.<br /><br />

Edited by MadDog2020, 28 January 2013 - 01:37 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Well, it took a couple years and a couple failed attempts in the big league for Marty St. Louis to find his stride. Not saying Teddy will be the next St. Louis, but if the kid is ever gonna amount to anything, it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if it took a bit longer than it takes a typical prospect. I saw some flashes in this stint that were markedly improved over any of his previous trips to NJ. Quotes from Lou and DeBo make it look like they think Teddy will definitely get another shot, to me at least.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#28 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I kinda felt bad for Teddy at first, but it's pretty evident he just doesn't have the hockey sense to stick with the big team. He's weak on the boards, bad in the defensive end, and just gets pushed off the puck.

He should honestly watch what the Gionta's do. Somehow Stephen is out there every shift pushing people around on the forecheck and establishing himself in front of the net. I know Ted would be more of a finesse player, but man is he soft right now.

Hate to use the word "bust" but...it's just about time I'd say.

Lou should've shipped him out for something about 2 years ago. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20

That doesn't make any sense. Who wanted Mattias Tedenby 2 years ago? Why would NJ trade him?

At no point after being a first round pick in Mattias Tedenby's career since then could you make a case that he should have been drafted higher.

Well, it took a couple years and a couple failed attempts in the big league for Marty St. Louis to find his stride. Not saying Teddy will be the next St. Louis, but if the kid is ever gonna amount to anything, it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if it took a bit longer than it takes a typical prospect. I saw some flashes in this stint that were markedly improved over any of his previous trips to NJ. Quotes from Lou and DeBo make it look like they think Teddy will definitely get another shot, to me at least.

The difference is that Marty St. Louis dominated every league he played in besides the NHL. He was a top college player all 4 years then crushed the IHL and AHL. I thought Tedenby would become a 2nd/3rd line type, 2 to 2.5 shots per game, maybe drives play, maybe doesn't, but draws a boatload of penalties even so. Hasn't worked out that way. He's waiver-eligible next year, and that's if he even signs with NJ - he may explore Sweden or the KHL.

Edited by Triumph, 28 January 2013 - 02:11 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#29 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

It's not his size - he has no clue what he is doing in the defensive zone, and he's not good enough with the puck to make up for that.

Double bingo'd....his defensive game is complete sh*t

#30 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

any chance we pull up Pesonen since I have a weird feeling we wont call Butler?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#31 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

apparently colorado is looking to trade stasny... could you see it happening to jersey?

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

any chance we pull up Pesonen since I have a weird feeling we wont call Butler?

I'd put my money on TIm Sestito, but I think there's a chance Butler or Pesonen could be the guy.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

apparently colorado is looking to trade stasny... could you see it happening to jersey?

Reported by who? No-one of reputation, I assume.

Either way, that's a ticket I don't want.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#34 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I seriously doubt COL trades Stastny. They seem high on him and they have a young team growing up together, no reason to split guys up via trades before you know what they could be.

#35 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

a lot of people on twiter... never said jersey is interest etc.... but i just want to have your thought on it without starting a thread who wouldnt be appropriate

#36 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Could be an (e5) :wink2:

#37 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

That doesn't make any sense. Who wanted Mattias Tedenby 2 years ago? Why would NJ trade him?

yeah, dummass!

:giggle:

I'm here for the party

#38 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

their problem with stasny is his contract, trash talking of his dad and the fact they want to resign o reilly etc....

#39 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

He had his chances, but he just doesn't seem strong enough, and he's rarely on the right spot on the ice. Hopefully Matteau can develop into another Zubrus and Darche or Butler pans out.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#40 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Sucks, I wanted Tedenby to succeed, but I can't recall a single game I even thought he belonged in the NHL.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users