187 replies to this topic

#121 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I love how you can apparently trip people on shootout attempts now. fvcking horsesh!t.

Kinds what I'm thinking. If this is not called what prevents the goalie from charging out of the net and tackling the oncoming skater?

#122 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Devils should have gotten this. We need more scoring.

3-0-2. Still looking pretty good if you ask me.

I don't know, I think Boston deserved this one more than the Devils. They really turned it up in the 3rd.

Can't complain about 8 out of 10 points, especially since it's becoming obvious this team has some problems.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#123 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Pretty shaky 3rd for Moose. Soft tying goal and soft SO winner.

#124 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,327 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I think since Rask was in the act of making a play on the puck, and may have played the puck, the trip is incidental.

I think that's a fair way of looking at it. I think for any interference to be called in the shoot out it would've have to be pretty egregious.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#125 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Ya tonight proved we need another offensive player. I liked the 3 shooters I even like clarky and Yayo but Zidlicky really???? I wood have thrown zubes up there

#126 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't know, I think Boston deserved this one more than the Devils. They really turned it up in the 3rd.

Can't complain about 8 out of 10 points, especially since it's becoming obvious this team has some problems.

Yeah but that goal at the end bothered me. I just feel like the devils still have the issue of killing the lead real late in a game. Idk I might just be imagining it but it def feels that way.

Overall though glad we got a point out of this. Would just like to stay ahead of the rags and with their win tonight they are now within two points

#127 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

No doubt about that. They are a whole three forwards short of solid team. Henrique will be one. We need two more.

#128 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

All in all, it's nice to get another point, they played well tonight against probably the best team in the east and battled hard. I'm starting to worry that Josefson has stone hands though, he couldn't score in a whore house.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#129 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Are you fvcking kidding me with this sh!t?! Yeah, Hedberg was just awful tonight. Un-fvcking-believable.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#130 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Are you fvcking kidding me with this sh!t?! Yeah, Hedberg was just awful tonight. Un-fvcking-believable.

Hedberg had a really good night overall, but the regulation goal and the shootout winner weren't great goals.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#131 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

At this point, it's clear our defense and goaltending is solid, I can't understand why they wouldn't give Butler a shot, even if it's just in the bottom 6. He's gotta be a better offensive weapon than what we have and it's not like he's struggling in the AHL. Even with Butler, Darche, and Henrique I still think they'd need to get someone though. As one of the lowest scoring teams in the East we could use all the help we could get.

oKCiNj.jpg

#132 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

1.)Great game by Sal, the guy is just great on the PK. 2.)Barch>Cam. 3.) Can't wait for Henrique to add some skill to this squad. All in all good job getting a point against a top, if not the top, team in the Conference
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#133 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

All in all, it's nice to get another point, they played well tonight against probably the best team in the east and battled hard. I'm starting to worry that Josefson has stone hands though, he couldn't score in a whore house.

The lack of scoring is a little unnerving. Heaven forbid Clarkson's luck ever runs out. Kovy is going to be feeling pressure soon, as everyone will be looking him to make things happen.

#30 FOREVER!

#134 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Lol what? Since when is there such thing as a soft SO goal? It's a 1-on-1 player vs. goalie, the player is going to score sometimes. Doesn't matter how. The shot just found a hole, nothing soft about it. Moose was fantastic this game, can't believe anybody would point to him having anything to do with this loss.

#135 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hedberg had a really good night overall, but the regulation goal and the shootout winner weren't great goals.

I can't expect Hedberg to do much better than he did. How many chances was he supposed to give his shooters to win the SO?

#30 FOREVER!

#136 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well of all the things to take away, I'm just about ready to eat my words on the power play, it's definitely still a work in progress but on that second chance the unit really clicked. Good puck movement, good passing. Maybe a little too much good passing...shoot the damn puck fellas!
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#137 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

The lack of scoring is a little unnerving. Heaven forbid Clarkson's luck ever runs out. Kovy is going to be feeling pressure soon, as everyone will be looking him to make things happen.

It's clear Lou needs to make a move. Its a matter of when, not if. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#138 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I can't expect Hedberg to do much better than he did. How many chances was he supposed to give his shooters to win the SO?

I don't know about how many, but I'd like the puck that pretty squarely hits his stick not to knock his stick through his legs and then let the puck follow. That bad goal doesn't mean he had a bad night, but it doesn't make it a good goal to have given up.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's clear Lou needs to make a move. Its a matter of when, not if. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

Gotta at least see what happens when Henrique comes back first. Might as well give Butler a shot too.

#30 FOREVER!

#140 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

One of their crap-hole fans shows disrespect for the game by throwing sh!t at our goaltender during the shootout attempt, and they get all pissed off at our players for lobbying for a re-do???!! I cannot believe that! What jerks! That makes me upset.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users