187 replies to this topic

#161 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

That was one of the best defensive games I have ever seen Kovy play..although he was terrible in the offensive zone and ended with a minus one. But he was amazing on the PK and he was strong in our own zone. Good to see.

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#162 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

That was one of the best defensive games I have ever seen Kovy play..although he was terrible in the offensive zone and ended with a minus one. But he was amazing on the PK and he was strong in our own zone. Good to see.

I think the thing killing him in the offensive zone is having to play 30 minutes a night coupled with having no real high-caliber or consistant left winger. It's like the top line is constantly playing a man short because the guys who've been used up there can't hang with Kovy and Zajac offensively.

believe-devs.jpg

#163 bodnar41

bodnar41

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

What? Or is was the bad change resulting in a 3 on 2....I would keep Tallinder over volchenkov all day

#164 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I think the thing killing him in the offensive zone is having to play 30 minutes a night coupled with having no real high-caliber or consistant left winger. It's like the top line is constantly playing a man short because the guys who've been used up there can't hang with Kovy and Zajac offensively.

Exactly hopefully henrique come back soon and we will have a decent top 6...
Kovy zajac zuby
Elias Henrique Clarkson

#165 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Bad loss to a team that was playing back to back games.
Another 3rd period lead blown to Boston and we left an important point on the ice because we don't have enough forwards to compete in a shoot out. Needless to say I miss Parise. Henrique needs to hurry back.
Pretty lame overall but better than a loss in regulation.
Not good that that was their 3rd OT game in a row either.
Three more tough games coming up too. Islanders are for real & obviously so is Pittsburgh.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 29 January 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#166 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Clarkson re: Marchand's nose

Posted Image

I'm loving Clarkson this year

Edited by Devilsfan118, 29 January 2013 - 11:25 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#167 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Should have been a re-do on Zach's penalty shot. You only avoid a tripping call if you actually contact the puck first, not if you make an attempt at it.
Posted Image

#168 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Bad loss to a team that was playing back to back games.
Another 3rd period lead blown to Boston and we left an important point on the ice because we don't have enough forwards to compete in a shoot out. Needless to say I miss Parise. Henrique needs to hurry back.
Pretty lame overall but better than a loss in regulation.
Not good that that was their 3rd OT game in a row either.
Three more tough games coming up too. Islanders are for real & obviously so is Pittsburgh.

We are leading the Atlantic and you sound like you are panicking. I don't get this logic. Especially since the Devils almost handed the best team in the Eastern Conference their first loss. With our backup goalie in net no less! And everyone wants to say Moose was bad and we played horribly? Get out of here with this nonsense. We ended the Bruins powerplay streak tonight. We played good tonight. Stop grasping for straws. We are getting points AND winning games with a subpar offense. Henrique will be back soon - this will help our offense. A trade will happen most likely sooner then later and one of Volchenkov or Tallinder will be traded in a package for a scoring top 6 forward - That will help our offense.

No need to panic.

Edited by TheMazz, 29 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

NJ played well enough to not lose that game, but not well enough to win. The defense was way better in this game, the penalty kill was strong, the power play was good, but still, not enough great shifts at ES.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

We are leading the Atlantic and you sound like you are panicking. I don't get this logic. Especially since the Devils almost handed the best team in the Eastern Conference their first loss. With our backup goalie in net no less! And everyone wants to say Moose was bad and we played horribly? Get out of here with this nonsense. We ended the Bruins powerplay streak tonight. We played good tonight. Stop grasping for straws. We are getting points AND winning games with a subpar offense. Henrique will be back soon - this will help our offense. A trade will happen most likely sooner then later and one of Volchenkov or Tallinder will be traded in a package for a scoring top 6 forward - That will help our offense.

No need to panic.

Boston lost to NYR earlier this season so they've already lost a game.

A point off this team of oversized gargantuas is a good pickup. The 3 straight OTs is disconcerting. But for a team that is kind of partly firing on all cylinders I think we're not bad.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#171 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Boston lost to NYR earlier this season so they've already lost a game. A point off this team of oversized gargantuas is a good pickup. The 3 straight OTs is disconcerting. But for a team that is kind of partly firing on all cylinders I think we're not bad.

They almost won had the game won if they could have held on for five more minutes. That's what I was talking about. However, the Devils have always been known for letting teams score on them with minutes remaining.

I just think we are doing better then most fans and "experts" expected us to do. You'd think with the amount of negativity on here that this team was performing like the Panthers.

Edited by TheMazz, 29 January 2013 - 11:52 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#172 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Cant wait for Henrique to come back. Hopefully the offense will get better and if not we always have the Lou to find other options.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#173 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

kind of partly firing on all cylinders

:D
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#174 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

3-0-2, and the GDT is full of doom and gloom. I wonder why some people even bother watching hockey.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#175 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Clarkson re: Marchand's nose

Posted Image

I'm loving Clarkson this year

Haha nice catch.

#176 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Moose made some excellent saves but i am sure even he will say he would probably want at least one of the shots that beat him back. But the rest of the team didnt help the guy out, he held up his end and gave them every chance to win , and they didnt take it.

Still think the team is missing a few key parts at forward, one of those parts returns when Henrique returns to the ice.

I would like to see a trade.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#177 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

good game by the devils, they gave the bruins very little space all night. but gave them too many quick possessions in the 3rd. our sloppy clears were quickly regrouped in the nuetral zone by the bruins. so we just couldnt set up properly and the bears got shots off.
oh well. didnt like the ultra defensive sloppy ending but I can understand
when we skated with them things were equal which was very encouraging, I thought this was a reg. loss going in.

btw clarkson is playing strong

#178 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

You and I were obviously watching different games because Moose was one of the reasons we were competitive in this game. It clearly wasn't our "outstanding offense".

Tallinder has proven that he is the odd man out. He was the main reason why Boston scored in the 3rd and made a lot of sloppy plays during the game. You mean to tell me that Tallinder is more of an asset to this New Jersey Devils team then the more aggressive Volchenkov? Please.

Package Tallinder and Tedenby with a pick for Setoguchi or Hemsky. Someone. Anyone.

Hello, sarcasm! I was being sarcastic in reference to Hedberg. You couldn't figure that out? Read my other posts...I've was friggin' DEFENDING Hedberg...I thought he was terrific, but some insisted on grading him on an unfair curve...when Hedberg gets you through 65 minutes of hockey and allows only one goal, regardless of the quality of the goal he dared to allow, I don't know how anyone could expect more than that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 30 January 2013 - 06:57 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#179 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

3-0-2, and the GDT is full of doom and gloom. I wonder why some people even bother watching hockey.

All things considered, impossible not to be happy with where this team is. They've scored just 12 goals, and no more than 3 in any single game, but have yet to lose in regulation. 8 out of 10 possible points. And they have yet to get anything from Henrique. They may indeed need another forward who can put the puck in the net, but the nice thing about a 3-0-2 start is that it buys you time...Lou doesn't have to panic. As long as the Devils can remain four or five games above .500 for a while, Lou can take his time waiting for a scorer (or semi-scorer) to become available.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#180 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

This team doesn't need a scorer, just a competent third line, as talked about in chat last night

Henrique zajac kovy
Elias zubrus clarkson
? JJ ?/Anderson
Cbgb

I liked what I saw from Anderson. Played hard and aggressive. Much better than teddy. Felt like another carter. A Poni like player on that third line would be great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users