Matt anderson called up

caron14

Almost no chance he stays long-term, but at least his game has more offense than Tim Sestito. I imagine he'll play on a 4th line with Barch and Josefson.

Poor Josefson. At least he's getting some minutes on special teams.

Yikes, not much forward depth, but that's what happens when one 1st-rounder is probably a little behind where the Devils hoped he'd be (Josefson) and another looks like he may never cut it in the NHL (Tedenby).

Hopefully Josefson stays healthy all season AND makes strides...that will help a LOT.

Yikes, not much forward depth, but that's what happens when one 1st-rounder is probably a little behind where the Devils hoped he'd be (Josefson) and another looks like he may never cut it in the NHL (Tedenby).

Hopefully Josefson stays healthy all season AND makes strides...that will help a LOT.

Josefson is right where he should be. He had a rotten game in Montreal but so did a lot of people and he should be enough such that this line doesn't get totally destroyed. In the 3rd he'll move up to play with Kovalchuk and Zajac.

Josefson is right where he should be. He had a rotten game in Montreal but so did a lot of people and he should be enough such that this line doesn't get totally destroyed. In the 3rd he'll move up to play with Kovalchuk and Zajac.

What I said about Josefson has nothing to do with his game in Montreal. Injuries have robbed him of some experience. I was thinking that more than anything else.

What I said about Josefson has nothing to do with his game in Montreal. Injuries have robbed him of some experience. I was thinking that more than anything else.

The Devils are giving him 16 minutes a game, with time in all situations (PP/PK/OT). He turns 22 in a month. I can't imagine the Devils would have him on any faster of a track than this, injuries or not.

The Devils are giving him 16 minutes a game, with time in all situations (PP/PK/OT). He turns 22 in a month. I can't imagine the Devils would have him on any faster of a track than this, injuries or not.

Exactly. I know he's been hard to see at times because they stick him on the 4th line so it's not too awful, but Josefson plays PK pretty well, gets 2nd PP time and it's been pretty rare that his time lessens as the game goes on, most often, he gets more time later in the game than anything. All Josefson has to do to become more than a checking forward destined for mediocrity, is find his scoring touch. Look at the move he made on the first goal against the Caps, that was beautiful. He's being smothered by two guys, somehow squeezes between them and taps the pass across to Gionta as he's falling. If that's not a quality NHL player, I don't know what is. It's just a question of will he find enough offense to be a top 6 guy instead of a 3C.

Tri, all I said was that Josefson was a little behind of where he was expected to be. Yes, I think the games he missed last year set him back a little bit...not a ton, but a little bit, as far as development goes. At the very least, he has shown he can play at the NHL level. Again, hopefully he stays healthy, as he's already going to lose 34 games this season of development time at the NHL level.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Tri, all I said was that Josefson was a little behind of where he was expected to be. Yes, I think the games he missed last year set him back a little bit...not a ton, but a little bit, as far as development goes. At the very least, he has shown he can play at the NHL level. Again, hopefully he stays healthy, as he's already going to lose 34 games this season of development time at the NHL level.

You're not really understanding. Josefson isn't 'showing he can play at the NHL level'. He's on the first unit on the PK. For forwards 21 and under, he's near the top 10 of ice time per game. That's why I think the idea that he's 'a little behind where he was expected to be' is ridiculous. The Devils expected a guy they drafted in 2009 would be playing in all situations 15 minutes a game in 2012-13? I'm sure they hoped that, I have a hard time believing they expected better.

• Like 1

What happened to all the talk about Butler being brought up. I might be wrong but there was all this talk about him being given a shot and that he did well in the AHL during the lockout, maybe im wrong but I swear they had said Butler was replacing Teddy!

What happened to all the talk about Butler being brought up. I might be wrong but there was all this talk about him being given a shot and that he did well in the AHL during the lockout, maybe im wrong but I swear they had said Butler was replacing Teddy!

Yeah, well, as it turns out, he must have had a horrible camp because all the Butler talk disappeared MIGHTY fast. If he looked fine in camp, I'm baffled, but it makes tons of sense if he looked bad and I mean worse than Teddy bad.

Edited by ATLL765

You're not really understanding. Josefson isn't 'showing he can play at the NHL level'. He's on the first unit on the PK. For forwards 21 and under, he's near the top 10 of ice time per game. That's why I think the idea that he's 'a little behind where he was expected to be' is ridiculous. The Devils expected a guy they drafted in 2009 would be playing in all situations 15 minutes a game in 2012-13? I'm sure they hoped that, I have a hard time believing they expected better.

I am understanding fine, but this seems to be one of those Triumph moments where you've got to be contradictory and try to prove you're the smartest guy in all matters hockey. Part of the increased ice time is clearly due to Zach leaving and lack of depth...it's out of necessity. Part of the reason he's getting this chance is the same reason Tedenby got his...the Devils are hoping the young guys can step up. Didn't work with Teddy, but Josefson is clearly a much better bet to stick around and get better. He'd have to tank to get sent back to Albany.

Yes, Josefson is doing some very good things, but yes, I think the games he missed hurt, especially from an offensive standpoint, developmentally. He can use all the experience he can get. Clearly you don't agree.

• Like 1

I am understanding fine, but this seems to be one of those Triumph moments where you've got to be contradictory and try to prove you're the smartest guy in all matters hockey. Part of the increased ice time is clearly due to Zach leaving and lack of depth...it's out of necessity. Part of the reason he's getting this chance is the same reason Tedenby got his...the Devils are hoping the young guys can step up. Didn't work with Teddy, but Josefson is clearly a much better bet to stick around and get better. He'd have to tank to get sent back to Albany.

Yes, Josefson is doing some very good things, but yes, I think the games he missed hurt, especially from an offensive standpoint, developmentally. He can use all the experience he can get. Clearly you don't agree.

Why can't you just bow down and admit your wrongness?? Triumph has spoken!

Yeah, well, as it turns out, he must have had a horrible camp because all the Butler talk disappeared MIGHTY fast. If he looked fine in camp, I'm baffled, but it makes tons of sense if he looked bad and I mean worse than Teddy bad.

wow, if that is the case then Lou needs to pull in a 4 th or 3rd line scorer someone good for 10-15 goals. Hint Sykora, boy if Henrique comes back and is not better than last year we are going to need a lot of luck to put a good 48 game season together!