64 replies to this topic

#61 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

i mean what happened to the high shooting powerplay we heard about ? i don't see it at all

they wait to have a "perfect shooting occasion" to take a shot but the point is to get puck to the net for a deflection and to create a panic in the defensive zone and make them move

And they also aren't using kovy's one timer that much. Half the time on the powerplay they have zidlicky on the left side instead of Ilya. It's kind of strange.

#62 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

And they also aren't using kovy's one timer that much. Half the time on the powerplay they have zidlicky on the left side instead of Ilya. It's kind of strange.

i know but i mean... the whole world knows they'd pass it to Kovy for a one timer... but on the other hand, it still worked pretty well in the past lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#63 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

i know but i mean... the whole world knows they'd pass it to Kovy for a one timer... but on the other hand, it still worked pretty well in the past lol

I think Kovy's one-timer is most dangerous when he moves to just above the hash marks or lower. He seems to catch defenders and goalie's a bit off guard when he gets down that low. I'd like to see more chaos out there on the PP rather than the bland game of hot potato we're oh so used to. Just shoot it and scramble if that's the plan, if not, move around more.

#64 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Teams expect it, but that one timer is so dangerous that you kind of have to use it. I've seen times this year where the defense leaves him wide open above the circle and they either don't get it to him or when they do he doesn't shoot it

#65 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Teams expect it, but that one timer is so dangerous that you kind of have to use it. I've seen times this year where the defense leaves him wide open above the circle and they either don't get it to him or when they do he doesn't shoot it

that the thing.... They know Ilya one timer but it still tough to watch him because if you overwatched him the defensive box is open and another guy will be wide open high slot... Use him more 2 thing will happen (he will score some and he will open some space)

Look a number 91 in the next game and youll see the same thing (we have know they want to feed him and they will)

Edited by caron14, 06 February 2013 - 09:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users