37 replies to this topic

#1 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

With tomorrow looking like it will be another sell out (knock on wood) and with the Rangers as our next home game it looks like the Devils will have four straight sell outs to start the season. With the twelve straight sell outs to end the season/playoffs last year the streak will be at 16 games! With reportedly 10,000 season ticket holders our future looks bright! Kudos to everyone who tries to fill the Rock at every game. :clap:

...but but but, Devils have no fans brah.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#2 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for years...

I we could get rid of the one that the devils doesnt have fans it would be even better lol saddly even if were sold out for 3 years straight theyll probably still say it lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#3 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I still go back to the college winter break last season when we sold out 6 of the 7 home games that occurred during the break.. And not all of them were typical big draws

But yeah this team has a bright future attendance-wise.. A young fan base, and a growing tradition.. If we can push to sellout that Lightning game we could make it 18 in a row.. Wonder what the team record is

Also, the 10,000 STH is quite impressive.. In speaking to the head of sales, he said he'd ideally like it to be 12,000.. His philosophy is that you want to be able to also do group and individual sales to get new people into the arena and wanting to buy season tix to replace your people who drop

Edited by Colin226, 30 January 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for years...

I we could get rid of the one that the devils doesnt have fans it would be even better lol saddly even if were sold out for 3 years straight theyll probably still say it lol

If only we could sell out without offering a ton of discounts...I'm still excited to say the least.

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

I still go back to the college winter break last season when we sold out 6 of the 7 home games that occurred during the break.. And not all of them were typical big draws

But yeah this team has a bright future attendance-wise.. A young fan base, and a growing tradition.. If we can push to sellout that Lightning game we could make it 18 in a row.. Wonder what the team record is

Also, the 10,000 STH is quite impressive.. In speaking to the head of sales, he said he'd ideally like it to be 12,000.. His philosophy is that you want to be able to also do group and individual sales to get new people into the arena and wanting to buy season tix to replace your people who drop

Already have my tickets for the Tampa game- section 107.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah the Tampa game is not going to be an impressive draw but the Penguin game is almost sold out already.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#7 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Already have my tickets for the Tampa game- section 107.

Ditto. However I'll be in the Ice lounge for that one.

n2eg.jpg

#8 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Were slowly starting to get away from the "boring devils" vision that other fan bases has been pining on us with for

Yeah, I was watching the end of the Bruins Devs game out in San Diego with 2 Bruin fans........one tells me how he couldn't ever watch the Devils when "they played that boring trap". I told him how the "boring" 2001 Devils were the highest scoring team in 15 years at that point and he told me I'm wrong..........he then proceeded to ask me how many shoot out attempts do they go before the game is called a tie.......you just can't make it up.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#9 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

If only we rioted after the SCF last year...
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, I was watching the end of the Bruins Devs game out in San Diego with 2 Bruin fans........one tells me how he couldn't ever watch the Devils when "they played that boring trap". I told him how the "boring" 2001 Devils were the highest scoring team in 15 years at that point and he told me I'm wrong..........he then proceeded to ask me how many shoot out attempts do they go before the game is called a tie.......you just can't make it up.

You are right about the 2001 Devils being exciting, but they weren't the highest scoring team in 15 years when they scored 295 goals. The 1993-94 NJ Devils scored 306 goals, and there's several other teams that bested that total. Not sure where you got that 15-year thing from.

Re: 2001...Ranger fans can ALWAYS be counted on to be morons. I remember many of the ones I spoke to at the time not only STILL kept talking about how boring the Devils were (that 2001 Devils team was about as exciting as it got for that era), but actually said WITH STRAIGHT FACES that more teams should play like the Rangers. You know, the Rangers that at the time couldn't so much as sniff the playoffs, and were playing with absolutely zero passion, and whose players seemed to like wearing Broadway Blue more for the massive paychecks that came with it than anything else? Those exciting, exhilarating Ranger teams.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

If only we could sell out without offering a ton of discounts...I'm still excited to say the least.

Let them discount the tickets, you have to in order to get butts in the seats if you want to sellout. The Devils tickets are overpriced for who/what they are, anyway. First, it is the NHL. Second, they are the only professional franchise in NJ. Third, their main following is 15-35. It makes sense that they offer discounts and coupons and all that. I like it. It is good marketing and it is smart business. A butt in the seat=2 hot dogs, 2 beers, a Devils Hat. No butt in the seat=0 dollars.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#12 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

I don't care about the discounts. As long as the building is full of Devils fans, like last year's playoff run and the couple of games to start this season, that's all that matters.
Posted Image

#13 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I don't care about the discounts. As long as the building is full of Devils fans, like last year's playoff run and the couple of games to start this season, that's all that matters.

It's filled because of the discounts.

#14 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

That's fine. Its better (in every sense) to sell discounted tickets then have those seats remain empty. As a STH, it undercuts what I can re-sell my seats for if I can't attend a game, but I really don't care. I don't buy my tickets to resell them. I'd rather have a full building with Devils fans sitting around me than a 1/2 empty building with absolutely no atmosphere.
Posted Image

#15 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

What discounts are you guys talking about? And where do I find them?
I am desperately waiting for the promotional schedule because there is no way I can afford to take my family to a Devils game with the normal ticket prices.

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I am desperately waiting for the promotional schedule because there is no way I can afford to take my family to a Devils game with the normal ticket prices.

I think they're over at this point. Before the season started, there was a thirty percent discount for Opening Night. If you're a season ticket holder (or know someone that is) you could get individual game tickets for 50 percent off, but that's over now. Season ticket holders got a free set of extra tickets for specific games.

Still, Stubhub is your best bet. You can get tix for some games below $30 a pop. When you think about it, it's only a little more than seeing a movie in Imax.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'm sure there will be more LivingSocial deals throughout the season.

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think they're over at this point. Before the season started, there was a thirty percent discount for Opening Night. If you're a season ticket holder (or know someone that is) you could get individual game tickets for 50 percent off, but that's over now. Season ticket holders got a free set of extra tickets for specific games.

Still, Stubhub is your best bet. You can get tix for some games below $30 a pop. When you think about it, it's only a little more than seeing a movie in Imax.

There is also a discount for the middle and lower tiers for the game against Tampa and Carolina coming up. It was in an email and there is no code, so to get it your email has to be in their system on some sort of list. It's one of those promos where for $38 you get a 100 level seat, hot dog and soda.

I get these emails about deals because I am on pretty much every single email list the devils have. Im on the following email lists:

NJ Devils main email list
NJ Devils fan club list
Newsletter list
Prudential Center list
Group sales list
Kid's club list (yes they sometime have deals on there too)
And a couple of other lists I can't remember off the top of my head.

#19 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

You are right about the 2001 Devils being exciting, but they weren't the highest scoring team in 15 years when they scored 295 goals. The 1993-94 NJ Devils scored 306 goals, and there's several other teams that bested that total. Not sure where you got that 15-year thing from.

Re: 2001...Ranger fans can ALWAYS be counted on to be morons. I remember many of the ones I spoke to at the time not only STILL kept talking about how boring the Devils were (that 2001 Devils team was about as exciting as it got for that era), but actually said WITH STRAIGHT FACES that more teams should play like the Rangers. You know, the Rangers that at the time couldn't so much as sniff the playoffs, and were playing with absolutely zero passion, and whose players seemed to like wearing Broadway Blue more for the massive paychecks that came with it than anything else? Those exciting, exhilarating Ranger teams.

You are right........have to do some research when I get home. I could have sworn that one of their teams one year had the most goals a team had had in a 10-15 year period. Anyway, the guy still annoyed me.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#20 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

You are right........have to do some research when I get home. I could have sworn that one of their teams one year had the most goals a team had had in a 10-15 year period. Anyway, the guy still annoyed me.

Not debating the bolded...he annoyed me by proxy :giggle:
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users