199 replies to this topic

#141 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Just got back from the game. Nabokov was AMAZING tonight. I still do not know what Marty was doing on that 3rd NYI goal. Oh well, we missed Fayne but the offense looked good.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#142 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Get rid of zid..like really

#143 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I thought they were fine, maybe even good, 5 on 5. Alot of people don't remember how they played last season. They do not play D well, especially when the other team can hold on to the puck and win faceoffs.

PK killed them dead. It was really bad, open guys (alot down low) all over the place. The one they killed off was brutal, 8-10 shots. Didn't win any faceoffs either. They had no chance of killing off a 4 on 3 with the lineup they had out there anyway.

#144 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just got back from the Rock. Great crowd, okay game, but we didn't deserve to win that and were lucky to get the one point. If the Isles were at least halfway decent on D we would have gotten blown out. The Devs seemed to be just going through the motions, and weren't great tonight. Patty was off, Marty was way off and Kovy.. Well.. meh. Gotta bounce back Saturday. Please get rid of Tallinder. Package him in a deal with Teddy and get a goal scorer.

The only thing I would add is Barch is a solid hockey player. Volchenkov looks like he is skating in mud.

Edited by hystyk28, 31 January 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#145 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I am pleasantly surprised with Barch. Pretty smart player.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#146 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Barch is okay. For what he does. He was playing with Anderson and Anderson was a nervous wreck, it made him look better. I would rather not have that type of player play at all, but their roster is so damn thin right now that I guess he has to.

#147 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Still boggles the mind that Kovy is still holding on to that team best +5 rating after all of these goals in the past three games. :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#148 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Still boggles the mind that Kovy is still holding on to that team best +5 rating after all of these goals in the past three games. :giggle:

Well, they skated +2 as a team, so it's not really surprising. Teams that score 5 on 5 and have putrid PK's are going to carry + ratings

#149 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Barch is okay. For what he does. He was playing with Anderson and Anderson was a nervous wreck, it made him look better. I would rather not have that type of player play at all, but their roster is so damn thin right now that I guess he has to.

He just looks so much better than our previous tough guys. Janssen Boutlon PL3 Peters.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#150 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

He just looks so much better than our previous tough guys. Janssen Boutlon PL3 Peters.

That list makes me shudder. I remember the game where PL3 played on the 3rd line. Not so surprising we got 21 out of 82 points in the first half that year.

#151 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

That list makes me shudder. I remember the game where PL3 played on the 3rd line. Not so surprising we got 21 out of 82 points in the first half that year.

Peters was just the worst. The man was terrible at everything.

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 February 2013 - 12:08 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#152 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Is it just team envy or is it true that out of all the GMs, Lou seems to make the least amount of moves and signings worth anything? And don't bring up Kovy, that was over two seasons ago.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#153 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Peters was just the worst. The man was terrible at everything.

Good God. I can't believe they ever let Peters on the ice at all. My grandma could skate faster and she would probably be better at fights too. They could literally take any tall, overweight guy from the stands and have him gear up with Peters' equipment and nobody would notice the difference.

#154 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

Good God. I can't believe they ever let Peters on the ice at all. My grandma could skate faster and she would probably be better at fights too. They could literally take any tall, overweight guy from the stands and have him gear up with Peters' equipment and nobody would notice the difference.

I apologize for bringing back awful memories. :thumbsup:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#155 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Now seeing what happened on that 4th goal, ugh. Too many preventable things happened in that game.

#156 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm going to wait until game 10 until I start freaking out.
For now Im just going to say this was another disappointment.
Stay out of the friggin box.
Sorry, the Devils should have beaten Boston & the Isles tonight.

Freaking out? Disappointment? We have 9 points in 6 games. That's the best in the division. What did you expect out of this team, exactly?

Get rid of zid..like really

Posts like this make me really, really happy Lou is our GM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#157 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Zid hating must be the new thing on here and on HF. Its crazy, the guy is an asset to this team and if you cannot see it then may God have mercy on you.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#158 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'm going to wait until game 10 until I start freaking out.
For now Im just going to say this was another disappointment.
Stay out of the friggin box.
Sorry, the Devils should have beaten Boston & the Isles tonight.

You're going to freak out over a record of 3-0-3 with the team only leading the division and being two points out of first in the conference with a game in hand? They could have been 6-0 if not for two overtime penalties (one of which was a bad call on Greene) and a shootout that can always go either way. Your ridiculous post and username show how spoiled some of our fanbase really is. Thank you for reminding me why I never bother reading gameday threads after a loss.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#159 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

I remember this guy. He is going to reply to everyone tomorrow in his weird paragraph format about how he is always frustrated after a loss and how he takes everything personally and how the team must be perfect every game. Get ready, :e-drama:

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 February 2013 - 03:02 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#160 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Losing in OT sucks, but it brings two positive things though:
1) pissing other Eastern teams off
2) better than losing in regulation

The better part is this team is capable of fighting back despite trailing. Once Kovy gets super hot and we will be able to fight back and finish them off (hopefully).

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users