#21 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

****WARNING: SERIOUS BOREDOM AT WORK CREATED THIS****

I have a dream that one day Devils nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these goal's to be self-evident: that all Devils are created better."

I have a dream that one day even the state of Pennsyltucky, a state sweltering with the heat of Bryz's implosion, sweltering with the heat of Penguin dissapointment, will be transformed into an oasis of losers and never were's.

I have a dream that my twenty Devils will one day play in a league where they will not be judged by the ilk of their system but by the content of their play.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Newark, with its vicious Clarksons, with its GM having his lips dripping with the words of genius and old schoolification; one day right there in Newark, Kovy and Ovechkin will be able to join hands with the North Americans and Czechs as teammates and brothers.

Is this how your dream went? Because that's how I pretended it went and how I then transcribed my imagining of your dream, lol.

Hahaha that was marvelous :clap2: :clap2:
Posted Image

#22 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Realistically, what do you guys think it would take to get him?

#23 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

It isn't happening, and I wouldn't want it to happen. His decline and the cap hit would make me hesitate to take him for nothing.

For the sake of argument though, the Caps would demand Larsson, at least.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#24 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I think Washington's not ready to even consider trading him. He's the focus of their entire marketing effort.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#25 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Most I'd give up is Merrill+Matteau+Tedenby+2nd and I'd only want to keep 5-6 million of his annual cap hit. Thenb sign Malkin when he's a UFA. B )

:lol:

Fixed.

That's a good one. :P

I think Washington's not ready to even consider trading him. He's the focus of their entire marketing effort.

You beat me to it. This isn't just another player for them, he is the one selling those tickets. And for that alone they would demand a lot in a trade, even if they were to trade him when his stock is low (if you can ever call Ovechkin's stock low).

Funny the OP created this thread though, cause I was thinking about this very thing a couple of days ago. Getting Ovy would be a hell of a risk, though and I don't even know where to start.

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

this reminds me that a few days ago i dreamed about the devils struggling in a very important game and losing the game against the Rangers and in the locker room between the 2nd and the 3rd Stevens got pissed and dressed up to play and nailed everyone. a real cheesy moment ala Disney Mighty ducks lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Kovalchuk. We don't have the means to make that trade. We're down a 1st round pick and not exactly sitting on a pile of skilled prospects. And Kovalchuk is older, although his game will likely keep him playing alot longer than Ovie's.

In other words, the trade is pointless. Six of half, half dozen of the other, and a larger cap hit.

#28 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Geez. All my dreams are about me being naked and other strange things.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#29 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

With his contract, I have a hard time seeing any team picking him up (thought this retain salary function might change that). But I wouldn't be surprised if he in a couple of years after more mediocre seasons go to the KHL and finish up his career there.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

Not that I think that Ovechkin to the Devils would EVER happen, but I remember back in '06, I was playing NHL 2K5, and didn't feel like playing through a whole season to get into the playoffs, so I let the computer sim an entire season, make whatever trades it wanted to, etc. By the time the playoffs started, I was surprised to see that one Ilya Kovalchuk was on my Devils. I remember thinking at the time, "Interesting, but only on 2K5...no way he ever plays for the Devils. Lou would never make a trade for a guy like that."
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#31 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Having Kovy on RW and Ovie on LW would prevent teams from keying on him. But there is no way that is ever happening in anything other than NHL13.

Post of the entire thread and I have only read the first few so far...

Saw the thread title and immediately thought it was a PK post. Then I read it and saw no mentions of a pantsless Scott Stevens.

Oh man, this is in consideration as well...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#32 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

the only guy were getting from the Caps is Oates, lol countdown has begun

#33 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Forget Ovechkin, but when malkin contract is up, i will not be surprise if lou gets is kool aid work with the russian...

Kovy and Geno on the same line ! wow

#34 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

the only guy were getting from the Caps is Oates, lol countdown has begun

BRING BACK OATS!

815631765.gif

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Forget Ovechkin, but when malkin contract is up, i will not be surprise if lou gets is kool aid work with the russian...

man... i dont really want to think about it... but here i am doing it

Henrique Malkin Kovalchuk
Elias Zajac Clarkson
Matteau Josefson Zubrus
Carter Gionta Bernier

*Drooooooool*

Larsson Meril
Fayne Greene
Gelina Urbom

pretty inexperience group of D but i just wanted to get rid of a few names lol it's a dream anyway

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I can't see us landing Malkin in any scenario

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#37 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

No way Pitt lets him get to FA. I will be absolutely shocked if he isn't locked up to a deal equivalent to or greater than Crosby's by 7/1.
Posted Image

#38 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

No way in hell Lou pays Malkin anything close to what several other dozen pea-brained GMs will be offering him if he hits the market.

#39 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Kovy and geno are close and we never know in life... what i said is i dont see lou trade for ovechkin but he was willing to give big money to a player (parise) and he can inquire for a better player like he did 2 years ago (didnt want to give gionta 5 million and gives 6,6 to a superstar in kovalchuk)

#40 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Kovy and geno are close and we never know in life... what i said is i dont see lou trade for ovechkin but he was willing to give big money to a player (parise) and he can inquire for a better player like he did 2 years ago (didnt want to give gionta 5 million and gives 6,6 to a superstar in kovalchuk)

I still can't believe anyone gave Gio $5M that offseason. That was huge money for him, especially when he'd been nothing more than a 25-25-50 player for a few years after his huge 48 goal season. People here thought the Zubrus contract was bad for a while, he puts up 90% of the points Gio has for like 60% of the cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users