61 replies to this topic

#21 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I can't believe that no one brought up Boychuk. I thought he looked pretty good. Since Lou is always bargain shopping, I think it would have been a decent pickup.

Edit: I thought I was in the game day topic, oh well.

Edited by hystyk28, 02 February 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#22 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Butler needs to be with either Kovy or Elias or else he'll be useless.

#23 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I see him playing with Kovy (LW) because Kovy can cut in the middle of the offensive zone and give him these deadly passes and he got some nice hands too so he would probably be able to score a couple this way.

However, this team is going to need more than Bobby Butler or anything we got withing the organisation right now. Truth is we need a top 6 forward and unless Buttler surprises us with amazing performances, he will not be enough.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#24 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I think I'd like to see something like

Kovy-JJ-Zubrus
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Darche/Matteau-Henrique-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Benrier

#25 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Without Henrique getting top 6 minutes, this team goes nowhere.

#26 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Without Henrique getting top 6 minutes, this team goes nowhere.

That will happen once he gets a few games under his belt. He was out for 2 month prior to the 1/31 game and hadn't even gone thru a full practice prior to playing in the game.

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#27 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

I think he should help, maybe if we sign Darche CBGB can finally become the 4th line again

Zubrus - Zajac/Henrique - Kovalchuk
Elias - Zajac/Henrique - Clarkson
Darche - Josefson - Butler
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Getting the goons out of the lineup should do a world of good.

I agree with this. As much as I love the CBGB line, they're a 4th line, not a third. We've been playing the whole season so far with a 4th and a 5th line but no third.
Devils.

#28 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I read on Fire and Ice that Lou works in 10 game windows. I think we see changes after 10 games. No point in making a trade if you don't know what you have or what you need. I think Butler is the last "try out" if you will. Then we see a move.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#29 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I can't believe that no one brought up Boychuk. I thought he looked pretty good. Since Lou is always bargain shopping, I think it would have been a decent pickup.

Edit: I thought I was in the game day topic, oh well.

I'm not sure, but I think PIT were ahead of NJ in in the waiver order?

Edit: ah, yes.

If more than one team makes a claim, then the player will be transferred to the team having the lowest percentage of possible points in league standings at the time of the request for waivers.

At the time PIT had played 1 more game and had 1 fewer point, so their claim would've gone before ours anyways.

Edited by Marshall, 03 February 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#30 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

We saw in the playoffs that in order for our system to work right we need 4 good forward lines to keep the puck out of our own zone. Right now this team needs to pick up 1 or 2 wingers, and in my opinion one of then needs to be a first or second line guy. We need someone to get kovy going. He really has looked bad these last 3 games and his line isnt clicking at all. If we are going to make the playoffs he needs to be the kovy from last year.

I think butler may be a good addition but leading up to the season I was saying out butler with Ilya, kovy will compliment his play style really well. Now I'm feeling that we need someone to compliment kovy's play style

Edited by njd3b1ink, 03 February 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#31 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I see everyone is including Darche in their wishlist lines. Is there any news on him or are things still "status quo"?

#32 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

I see everyone is including Darche in their wishlist lines. Is there any news on him or are things still "status quo"?

Status quo. He gets "weekly updates" from Lou.

#33 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

I dont see Butler doing anything productive on that fourth line. Hopefully he will work well on the PP unit.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#34 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

1-0 with Butler in the lineup. OUR SAVIOR!

believe-devs.jpg

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

does chuck norris know how to skate?

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm not sure, but I think PIT were ahead of NJ in in the waiver order?

Edit: ah, yes.

At the time PIT had played 1 more game and had 1 fewer point, so their claim would've gone before ours anyways.

Yes, but Lou didn't know that at the time.

#37 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

It's obvious that they are holding training camp during the first 20 games or so of this season. So Butler is now getting his tryout now, along with Barch. The D is having their tryout as well. If Butler isn't great(Bernier solidified his spot tonight) then Lou may sign Darche. Darche will have his go, and if all else fails then, I would expect to see Matteau back, as I really don't think Lou cares about the contract situation. I can see Tallinder being the odd D out and being moved near the deadline. (maybe a late first round pick from a team that will finish well) The versatile Harrold will be the 7th D man.( I wonder if he ever donned the pads?)

Darche is a pretty good skater and I see them hoping on Poni like results if he come aboard.

Man, it must be fun to be a NHL GM.

#38 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Yes, but Lou didn't know that at the time.

We wouldn't have known anyways, would we? I've only ever read "Team X claims player from waivers", never "Team Y also placed claim".

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#39 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

does chuck norris know how to skate?

That's a stupid question. Everyone knows that, sometimes when Chuck Norris goes Ice skating, the Ice slips and falls on Chuck Norris.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's obvious that they are holding training camp during the first 20 games or so of this season. So Butler is now getting his tryout now, along with Barch. The D is having their tryout as well. If Butler isn't great(Bernier solidified his spot tonight) then Lou may sign Darche. Darche will have his go, and if all else fails then, I would expect to see Matteau back, as I really don't think Lou cares about the contract situation. I can see Tallinder being the odd D out and being moved near the deadline. (maybe a late first round pick from a team that will finish well) The versatile Harrold will be the 7th D man.( I wonder if he ever donned the pads?)

Darche is a pretty good skater and I see them hoping on Poni like results if he come aboard.

Man, it must be fun to be a NHL GM.

I doubt their looking for Poni like results. Darche never score the way Poni did earlier in his career. I think the best we get out of Darche is a 4th liner who can be A. Not retarded and B. Occasionally put up a couple points. I mean, the guy has a career high of 22pts with TB and he's only appeared in 250 games, so he's no veteran of the NHL. Poni put up 61 points a few years back in Toronto, so Darche will definitely not be a Poni like acquisition. Like I said, he's probably better than the crap we got on the 4th line Jojo excluded, so that's an improvement, but I don't see him being anything beyond what Rob Niedermayer was for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users