• 1,273 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I think I'd like to see something like

Kovy-JJ-Zubrus
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Darche/Matteau-Henrique-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Benrier

JJ on the first line?! No thanks.

Until a trade happens this should ideally be the lines. (but most likely won't be.)

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Matteau-JJ-Butler
CBGB

I see nothing wrong with that top six. The third line might be a bit worrisome but everyone should know by now that lineup would not be permanent

n2eg.jpg

#42 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I would put Clarkson on the third line with JJ. Most of Clarksons goals and points he generates by himself because he is a great puck possession player and he would add stability to that third line. Put Butler with Elias and Zubrus to see what Bobby can do and have Adam play with Travis and Kovy, and we need CBGB to become our 4th line so we can roll four lines. Thats when the Deboer system is magic!

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Zubrus Elias Butler
Matteau/Darche/Trade Josefson Clarkson
Carter Gionta Bernier

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#43 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I would put Clarkson on the third line with JJ. Most of Clarksons goals and points he generates by himself because he is a great puck possession player and he would add stability to that third line. Put Butler with Elias and Zubrus to see what Bobby can do and have Adam play with Travis and Kovy, and we need CBGB to become our 4th line so we can roll four lines. Thats when the Deboer system is magic!

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Zubrus Elias Butler
Carter Gionta Bernier

I like it!

#44 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Zubrus Elias Butler
Carter Gionta Bernier

I have no faith that Butler can hack it in our top 6. I still think no matter what we do, we need a d for f trade.

Edited by ATLL765, 04 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#45 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I have no faith that Butler can hack it in our top 6. I still think no matter what we do, we need a d for f trade.

Wont hurt to try him with Patty and Zubrus. If an old Sykora flourished on that line this kid might fit in as well.

I just think we need some kind of scoring threat on the third line. Clarkson should be there.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 February 2013 - 05:18 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#46 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Wont hurt to try him with Patty and Zubrus. If an old Sykora flourished on that line this kid might fit in as well.

I just think we need some kind of scoring threat on the third line. Clarkson should be there.

Zubie#8 for president (dont want to know what steriodesign will ask his daughter to do to you :P )

#47 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Agreed, but to ink him into a top 6 spot with the thought that things will be ok like that, isn't smart. Maybe he fits and it's great, but there's a pretty good chance that he won't hack it and we'll be in the same position we are now, except a couple weeks later into the season.

#48 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Agreed, but to ink him into a top 6 spot with the thought that things will be ok like that, isn't smart. Maybe he fits and it's great, but there's a pretty good chance that he won't hack it and we'll be in the same position we are now, except a couple weeks later into the season.

To be fair, Matteau, and Tedenby got shots in the top 6. Butler has at least shown that he can produce at the NHL level in the past. There's no reason not to see what he can do with any combination of a Kovalchuk, Zajac, Elias, Henrique, etc. Or with JJ and a wing that isn't Barch.

Out of curiosity, why are you so sure he'll fail? He's leading the AHL team in scoring, made the AHL Allstar game as a starter, and he had a solid NHL season before some injuries. On paper, it looks like he could be of some use on a team that can't seem to score.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#49 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

To be fair, Matteau, and Tedenby got shots in the top 6. Butler has at least shown that he can produce at the NHL level in the past. There's no reason not to see what he can do with any combination of a Kovalchuk, Zajac, Elias, Henrique, etc. Or with JJ and a wing that isn't Barch.

Out of curiosity, why are you so sure he'll fail? He's leading the AHL team in scoring, made the AHL Allstar game as a starter, and he had a solid NHL season before some injuries. On paper, it looks like he could be of some use on a team that can't seem to score.

He could be every bit as good as Sykora was for us last year. Putting him on a line with Elias and Zubrus wouldn't be a bad idea.

#50 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I doubt their looking for Poni like results. Darche never score the way Poni did earlier in his career. I think the best we get out of Darche is a 4th liner who can be A. Not retarded and B. Occasionally put up a couple points. I mean, the guy has a career high of 22pts with TB and he's only appeared in 250 games, so he's no veteran of the NHL. Poni put up 61 points a few years back in Toronto, so Darche will definitely not be a Poni like acquisition. Like I said, he's probably better than the crap we got on the 4th line Jojo excluded, so that's an improvement, but I don't see him being anything beyond what Rob Niedermayer was for us.

Both players have exactly 48 points in their last 3 seasons played, so yeah, Darche's production couldn't possibly be close to Poni.

#51 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

Both players have exactly 48 points in their last 3 seasons played, so yeah, Darche's production couldn't possibly be close to Poni.

In 2009-2010, Poni had 50 points. I think you're forgetting that he has been traded a lot.

Edited by nessus, 05 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#52 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

The year before that, Poni had 61 points. Darche has only 250 games in the NHL and a career high of 73 games and 22 points in 09-10 with TBL. Big difference.

Edit: Poni had 98 points in the last 3 years to Darche's 48 points.

Edited by ATLL765, 05 February 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#53 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Butler has been interesting so far.  He has great speed, hopefully he realizes what a great oppotunity he has here and really soaks it all in

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#54 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Butler has been interesting so far.  He has great speed, hopefully he realizes what a great oppotunity he has here and really soaks it all in

I want him with Zajac and Kovalchuk to see what he can do. If he doesnt play well just throw Matteau and Josefson back on the first line wing.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#55 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

He's played very well in his limited time.  He's generated scoring chances and has back checked very well.  His litmus test is bullsh!t.

#56 corzman69

corzman69

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Ya think it is too soon to change the name on my Parise jersey yet?

Friends don't let friends drink Budweiser !

#57 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ya think it is too soon to change the name on my Parise jersey yet?

No.

At least butler want to be here

www.SterioDesign.com

#58 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Really makes me wish I would've purchased the authentic Parise jersey Modells had this summer for $50.00 just so I could take his name off and get it redone once we know who will wear 9 for awhile.

Honestly, if I had known how affordable it would have been to strip the name and numbers off I likely would have bought a few of em.

1dun.jpg

#59 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Really makes me wish I would've purchased the authentic Parise jersey Modells had this summer for $50.00 just so I could take his name off and get it redone once we know who will wear 9 for awhile.

Honestly, if I had known how affordable it would have been to strip the name and numbers off I likely would have bought a few of em.

Couldn't you just get it converted to a 19/Zajac jersey? I'm sure it's possible to move the 9 over to do such a thing right?

n2eg.jpg

#60 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Couldn't you just get it converted to a 19/Zajac jersey? I'm sure it's possible to move the 9 over to do such a thing right?

You could do pretty much whatever. I think Exclusive Pro charges something like $20 for removal, and then $55 or $65 to put new name/numbers on. I'd love some authentic fully sewn jerseys for $125ish. Hindsight...

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users