228 replies to this topic

#201 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

i really hope the guy with the bill guerin edge jersey showed up on tv at one point.
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#202 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yeah just read all of this. At first I was like wtf? :huh: Then I was like oh hell no. :rant: Then I was like ewww. :yucky: Now I'm all like. :e-drama:

thats that's pretty much what i was going for lol i love random sick twisted jokes and getting reactions lol

worked like a charm :devil:

Thats the internet people lol you're stuck with wtv content is there for you to read, some people didnt want to read that joke as much as i dont give a sh!t looking at 75 babies pictures on my facebook feed or status updates about what some baby did / ate that day lol

Great win by the boys, booya

www.SterioDesign.com

#203 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

I actually laughed right away at SterioDesign's joke...but I have a sick sense of humor and will probably end up in hell if it exist. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#204 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I actually laughed right away at SterioDesign's joke...but I have a sick sense of humor and will probably end up in hell if it exist. :P

i'll definitely see you there lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#205 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I would like to mention that the GameCenter broadcasts on xbox360 have gotten much better the last few games. They must have fixed something.
It's the whiskey talking.

#206 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Devils got their weekend split, which is what I was hoping for.

Wonder if Hedberg is playing himself into a little more playing time here, though it's probably still a little early to ponder such things.

Clearly the Devils are going to struggle to score a lot of nights, but I'm not expecting Lou to do much about it anytime soon, especially as long as the team has a good record overall. And the Devils really haven't gotten much from Kovy yet (6.9% shooting%), so I would expect Lou will likely wait until Kovy gets hot before getting as concerned about the lack of scoring as the fanbase is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 04 February 2013 - 09:56 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#207 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Devils got their weekend split, which is what I was hoping for.

Wonder if Hedberg is playing himself into a little more playing time here, though it's probably still a little early to ponder such things.

Clearly the Devils are going to struggle to score a lot of nights, but I'm not expecting Lou to do much about it anytime soon, especially as long as the team has a good record overall. And the Devils really haven't gotten much from Kovy yet (6.9% shooting%), so I would expect Lou will likely wait until Kovy gets hot before getting as concerned about the lack of scoring as the fanbase is.

Not to take anything away from Moose, but the team effort from Saturday to Sunday were night and day. He did make several outstanding saves though

#208 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

That was such a beauty of a save by Moose on that Grabner breakaway.

I'm really hoping Lou can get his act together and fill out a third line. CBGB has been coming through for us and would be even better in a fourth line role rather than a third. Sign Darche and trade for a Zubrus/Poni type winger for that third line and have JJ play the pivot.

It pains me that neither Volch or Sal have been sat yet. Easily worse than how Tally has been playing so far.

#209 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,495 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Not to take anything away from Moose, but the team effort from Saturday to Sunday were night and day. He did make several outstanding saves though

Agreed, not a slight on Marty at all, more of a "Moose has two nice games under his belt, maybe we'll play him a little more than planned," possibility.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#210 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Saw a lot of the game but wasn't able to watch close - did check the box score afterwards and saw that Bryce Salvador played 3 more minutes than anyone else. Always good to have your worst D play the most minutes while Henrik Tallinder is a healthy scratch.

Salvador got absolutely abused by Tavares, a quick inside head fake and goodbye. Meanwhile, Larsson once again had no problems with Grabners speed, he gets his long arm in there and bodies him wide.

#211 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Salvador got absolutely abused by Tavares, a quick inside head fake and goodbye. Meanwhile, Larsson once again had no problems with Grabners speed, he gets his long arm in there and bodies him wide.

larsson (who was bench to start the season) is our best D man other like Fayne are doing a good job and other like salvador and volchenkov have just been terrible this season.

Im optimist about Bobby Butler. I would like him to have top 6 min to see what he's got

Edited by caron14, 04 February 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#212 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I would not be shocked at all if Marty starts against the Rangers. Personally I think Hedberg should start every game until he loses. It's not that I think Marty has been playing bad...it's just that Moose has been playing unbelievable.

n2eg.jpg

#213 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

i really hope the guy with the bill guerin edge jersey showed up on tv at one point.

Oh you mean the one with the NHL 2000 & Stanley Cup 2000 patch on a RBK Edge? Yeah they got him on during the pregame. I literally had to pause and look in awe at that

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#214 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Same here haha My girlfriend too!

SterioDesign, keep it up, you have an audience.

#215 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

sometimes forget this is a weird board with a spectrum of ages and tastes. that joke would be tame in some places i frequent.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#216 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Anybody else get annoyed with Cangi saying "SAVE by Moose Hedberg". Sounds unprofessional and just plain weird.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#217 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Anybody else get annoyed with Cangi saying "SAVE by Moose Hedberg". Sounds unprofessional and just plain weird.

Yes. Both of them need their screws tightened with locktite..lol

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#218 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Really? In our broadcast, Steve is your complaint? Here is one of the most insane goal explanations i can remember, brought to you by none other than, Glen Chico Resch

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#219 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Really? In our broadcast, Steve is your complaint? Here is one of the most insane goal explanations i can remember, brought to you by none other than, Glen Chico Resch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKEdANuMsU

Not the worst one I have heard this year from Chico.

815631765.gif

#220 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKEdANuMsU

They both suck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users