228 replies to this topic

#221 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Not the worst one I have heard this year from Chico.

It was my favorite. Another this year from Chico I loved was his comments on the Islanders line change and his trying to handle race and nationality vs. Montreal. The paradox about Chico is that he has good insights, but shares them in the most nervous,incoherent and senile manner possible. Sometimes it feels like they just brought a fan on to talk.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#222 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Salvador got absolutely abused by Tavares, a quick inside head fake and goodbye. Meanwhile, Larsson once again had no problems with Grabners speed, he gets his long arm in there and bodies him wide.

Dude, somebody put the puck right through Adam's skates and walked right on by him. He has a LONG way to go. However, playing at the highest level will develop him, I just don't know what the cost may be.

#223 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Really? In our broadcast, Steve is your complaint? Here is one of the most insane goal explanations i can remember, brought to you by none other than, Glen Chico Resch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKEdANuMsU

BOOM! BOOM!

calm down there buddy

#224 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

Dude, somebody put the puck right through Adam's skates and walked right on by him. He has a LONG way to go. However, playing at the highest level will develop him, I just don't know what the cost may be.

That was a brutal play, he stuck of his hip to try and hipcheck the guy and didn't even get a piece of him. Horrid plays by Larsson are sometimes just forgiven though, it's a function of people wanting him to be great already. I still think he's the 7th best defenseman on the team(which doesn't make him bad).

Also, no goal on the play makes it easy to overlook or forget, another reason why it can be hard to accurately judge a performance, even though we all watched it. A kind of bad play leading to a goal influences our opinion much more heavily than a horrific play that leads to no goal.

Edited by Devils731, 05 February 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#225 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Whatever Larsson did, it can't be as bad as giving Grabner that SH breakaway. Wonder how many times it's gonna take before Kovy notices who #40 is, and not to put the puck near him.

We've got to be on double digits at this point. Luckily the guy can't finish worth a damn.

#226 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Whatever Larsson did, it can't be as bad as giving Grabner that SH breakaway. Wonder how many times it's gonna take before Kovy notices who #40 is, and not to put the puck near him.

We've got to be on double digits at this point. Luckily the guy can't finish worth a damn.

The man would have 82 goals a year if he scored on every one. Its insane the amount of breakaways he gets.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#227 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

stupid play by him, but that wasnt the point. I was majorly concernrd with him 1 vs 1 on the rush against NHL speedsters. he's done ok in that aspect. they dont come much faster than grabner and he's held his own, thats a fact.

#228 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

The man would have 82 goals a year if he scored on every one. Its insane the amount of breakaways he gets.

Tom Chorske was like that. Fleet feet and hands of stone.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#229 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

That was a brutal play, he stuck of his hip to try and hipcheck the guy and didn't even get a piece of him. Horrid plays by Larsson are sometimes just forgiven though, it's a function of people wanting him to be great already. I still think he's the 7th best defenseman on the team(which doesn't make him bad).

Also, no goal on the play makes it easy to overlook or forget, another reason why it can be hard to accurately judge a performance, even though we all watched it. A kind of bad play leading to a goal influences our opinion much more heavily than a horrific play that leads to no goal.

I agree with this, people tend to forget / ignore his bad plays cause they wan't him to be what he's supposed to be, but other than his great vision and outlet pass and good stick, i see a lot of holes in his  game that he'll have to work on to get where people want him to be.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users