49 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'm just amazed they haven't signed Brylin to a long term deal yet. I heard Sather was inquiring about the status of Sergi Starikov before pulling the trigger on the Rupp deal.
Posted Image

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

just for fun... which current Devils player in the lineup would you see ending up in NY at some point ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

just for fun... which current Devils player in the lineup would you see ending up in NY at some point ?

Ryan Carter or Bernier. Clarky won't do it, Elias is too old to go anywhere, Zajac we just signed, Zubs isn't going anywhere, Kovy isn't leaving. Not sure about the D, maybe Volch would go to the Rags, he does like to block shots.

#24 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I think they got the better part of the deal. Powe is an upgrade over rupp. And they get palmeri, which really isn't more than an AHL plug. Powe is a good upgrade over rupp though

#25 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Kovy at 42 on a 5 year deal. Rangers fans will say that we stunted his offensive production and that he will put up 50/100 for them even though he will need a walker to get down the ice.
Posted Image

#26 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,730 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

At this point it seems like you guys are more obsessed with the Rangers having ex-Devils than they are. Right now with Rupp traded the only ex-Devil on the roster is Asham.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#27 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

At this point it seems like you guys are more obsessed with the Rangers having ex-Devils than they are. Right now with Rupp traded the only ex-Devil on the roster is Asham.

It was artificially inflated via the Arnott non-signing. If you count that, there's been a few ex devs on the Rags lately and it's Assham, not Asham or at least that's what I called him.

#28 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

They sign Sykora again

#29 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Refresh my memory, how and why did the Devils get rid of Palmeiri?
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#30 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Refresh my memory, how and why did the Devils get rid of Palmeiri?

Was apart of the trade for Zidlicky.
25smul5.png

#31 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks. I totally spaced on that one.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#32 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I always liked Rupper when he was here. Didn't like some of the sh!t he pulled last year, but that's his job. Either way, glad he's out of the division. He was far from a great player, but for a 4th line goon, he wasn't bad at the hockey stuff.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#33 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm just amazed they haven't signed Brylin to a long term deal yet. I heard Sather was inquiring about the status of Sergi Starikov before pulling the trigger on the Rupp deal.

A little respect for Sarge. Aside from Russian teams, he did well for us and only us in the NHL. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#34 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

A little respect for Sarge. Aside from Russian teams, he did well for us and only us in the NHL. :)

I always thought Brylin was a great devil. It's always nice seeing him at the rock for the big playoffs games and at the devils training camps. Definitely a guy that was proud to be a devil.

#35 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Nick Palmeiri's first NHL goal was assisted by Kovy and Brodeur....lucky guy <_<

#36 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Nick Palmeiri's first NHL goal was assisted by Kovy and Brodeur....lucky guy <_<

It was also an empty netter....unlucky guy

#37 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

It would be great if we knew what the buzz was on any trades with the Devils. It's pretty sad when we're talking about Rangers' trades.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#38 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

It would be great if we knew what the buzz was on any trades with the Devils. It's pretty sad when we're talking about Rangers' trades.

Eh, Lou keeps us on our toes, whatever.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#39 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I love Brylin. That's why I gave him he respect of having them sign him to a long term deal.
Posted Image

#40 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Good lord, look at that bottom 9...we must exploit this!

Nash Richards Gaborik
Hagelin Stepan Pyatt
Asham Boyle Halpern
Powe Miller Mashinter

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 February 2013 - 01:00 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users